• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT2| Unlimited Crowns, Limited Skooma

Lyng

Interesting! The quests, outside of the opening tutorial, have not changed at all. It's possible you picked another faction (each faction has different quests - some factions are better than others). Visually, almost nothing has changed - only some lighting changes indoors from windows (in certain locations only).

That seems very odd. I absolutely did not feel this immersed the first time. The vast amount of bugs present back then might of course have had influence on that too.

It feels like a different game tbh.

Somnia

What is endgame content of TESO? Is it your standard fare of raiding, grinding, etc?

Not your standard at all.

End game in ESO is Upper and Lower Craglorn (group content high end content), Trials (semi-raids, 12 person group, but it's a race to complete it as fast as possible and leaderboards, but it does drop decent loot), Dragonstar Arena, Vet Dungeons and PVP.

It doesn't have your insane raid content like other MMO's, just not the focus of the game.

gossi

That seems very odd. I absolutely did not feel this immersed the first time. The vast amount of bugs present back then might of course have had influence on that too.

It feels like a different game tbh.

Yeah, if you look on YouTube for original beta videos for your faction, you likely won't be able to see any difference other than lack of stealing.

In terms of PC or console - I'm a console tester of ESO and have over 500 hours on PC version so feel qualified to say: the versions are exactly the same. The console version runs at 1080p30 in a mix of High and Ultra graphics (it runs really well, surprisingly). Feature wise it's exactly the same as PC - all the content and features are there. The only difference is console has some extra features - e.g. voice chat, new interface, controller support etc. The console version is, in my opinion, better than the PC version and I think will surprise people.

Lyng

Yeah, if you look on YouTube for original beta videos for your faction, you likely won't be able to see any difference other than lack of stealing.

In terms of PC or console - I'm a console tester of ESO and have over 500 hours on PC version so feel qualified to say: the versions are exactly the same. The console version runs at 1080p30 in a mix of High and Ultra graphics (it runs really well, surprisingly). Feature wise it's exactly the same as PC - all the content and features are there. The only difference is console has some extra features - e.g. voice chat, new interface, controller support etc. The console version is, in my opinion, better than the PC version and I think will surprise people.

Yeah I have to admit you are right. It must be the amount of bugs present in the beta that completely removed any interest I had back then.
Either way its a fantastic game now.

I can't decide if I want to go digital with this. It's kind of a pain always putting my Destiny disk in and out of my PS4.

You want to go digital because MMO's for consoles are not able to be turned in for credit or resold again to others. Unless you just want a physical Disk you likely won't need. FFXIV does not require a disk so if you purchased one its only used once for installation and never needed again. This sounds likely to be the case as well.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
You want to go digital because MMO's for consoles are not able to be turned in for credit or resold again to others. Unless you just want a physical Disk you likely won't need. FFXIV does not require a disk so if you purchased one its only used once for installation and never needed again. This sounds likely to be the case as well.
You can rent/resell ESO surprisingly. There was a recent thread update with the correction.

gossi

Yeah, the only thing you need for ESO is the disc or digital version. There's no CD key. It can be resold and rented.

Ape

Banned
Is there a way to see what names have been taken on your server for consoles? I'm picking this up on the Xbox and I'd like to see if some names have been taken.

gossi

To be honest, my take is this game is so casual you really don't need to worry about a build. Any class can use any weapon. And any armour. And any armour type. And use almost any skill. Sure, if you spend 100 hours in Excel you can create a character which is 2% more powerful than somebody else in PVP, but basically the game is super casual and it's a waste of time. It really is one of those games where you can dive straight in and play - there is no ideal way.

darksunpr

Im torn between the ps4 and the xbox one version. Any one knows any advantage one has over the other? Also how is the trackpad of the dualshock used?

Somnia

To be honest, my take is this game is so casual you really don't need to worry about a build. Any class can use any weapon. And any armour. And any armour type. And use almost any skill. Sure, if you spend 100 hours in Excel you can create a character which is 2% more powerful than somebody else in PVP, but basically the game is super casual and it's a waste of time. It really is one of those games where you can dive straight in and play - there is no ideal way.

I would agree with this unless you go crazy hardcore 1v3-4 PvP like a few of us do. Builds are pretty important if you're soloing out in Cyrodiil. If you're doing group PvP they are still important, but not insane.

Honestly just play the game you want to play and make your own build. The only reason I talk/deal with others about builds and really go hardcore about it is because that's how I've always been in PvP. I've PvPed in this game without a crazy custom build and done fine so as Gossi said you can really just play at your own pace.

Ape

Banned
So spent some time looking into this game and it looks like I'll be an Orc Dragon Knight. Sort of want to be an Imperial just because it's a part of a package that I've already paid extra for, but I'm always an Orc in Elderscrolls games.

hepburn3d

So spent some time looking into this game and it looks like I'll be an Orc Dragon Knight. Sort of want to be an Imperial just because it's a part of a package that I've already paid extra for, but I'm always an Orc in Elderscrolls games.

Orc dragonknight. Great choice. Dragonknights are so satisfying to play as. Probably the most fun in terms visual effects and defencive skills.

Don't see many Orcs but I love them. Problem is there are too many awesome races and classes :p

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Any word on pc controller support?

Native support coming at an undisclosed time after the console launch. X-padder support functional but not perfect now if you feel like messing with it.

Anyone else out there pretty unhappy with the Emperor trophy/achievement.

I'd love to platinum this game but it's absolutely not going to happen considering how time consuming that trophy will be and even with the time commitment so many other factors at play.

It's definitely not going to stop me from enjoying the hell out of the game, but it still bothers me.

Ape

Banned
Templars look really interesting too. Since I've already purchased the Imperial pack would the Imperial race be a good combination for the Templar?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Race and class don't dictate the type of character you play in this game so there's no point fretting over an optimal combination.

educator

Found the game in a bargain bin today for 10€. I've been passively looking at ESO since launch and now that it's free to play I thought it was too good a price to not try it out. Very much looking forward to finally playing it. Heard great things about it the last few months and watched quiet a few streamers on Twitch actively playing and enjoying the game from what I understand. Seems like a fun community to be a part of.

My destiny group is super burned out of Destiny and we all are super stoked to jump into this. Take our time and just enjoy the world and play together.

PepperedHam

Just got the email that my account copy is complete.

They won't be sending the digital codes until June 8th so that means barely any pre-loading. That really really sucks.

H3xum

Embarrassingly basic question.

The "raids" or "dungeons", whatever they're called in ESO, is there a universal que for them? i.e. can I pull up a screen somewhere that will list the available group content for characters my level and let me jump in a waiting line for them? Or is it the Destiny route where you party with people you know before hand.

I'll be playing on XBO if that makes a difference.

Somnia

Embarrassingly basic question.

The "raids" or "dungeons", whatever they're called in ESO, is there a universal que for them? i.e. can I pull up a screen somewhere that will list the available group content for characters my level and let me jump in a waiting line for them? Or is it the Destiny route where you party with people you know before hand.

I'll be playing on XBO if that makes a difference.

There is a group finder for all dungeons. Trials though I believe you have to put a pre-made group together. Trials are the 12 person content.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I hope they add a minimap.
There is a group finder for all dungeons. Trials though I believe you have to put a pre-made group together. Trials are the 12 person content.
I hear the group finder sucks for some reason. Like it's buggy or no one uses it on PC.

U2NUMB

Just got the email that my account copy is complete.

They won't be sending the digital codes until June 8th so that means barely any pre-loading. That really really sucks.

Yea that email pissed me off... they blame it on console limitations yet I have pre ordered and pre loaded many games.

Whatever... we are getting the game cheap, guess we can not complain. But it makes me think there will not be a pre load for anyone.

You can already pre-load on the Xbox, so I'm not sure why PC users transferring to the Xbox are being delayed until the 8th.

gossi

The preload has been up for Xbox for over a week. You can buy it now, even if you are transferring, and download it. It looks like Zenimax have just opted not to provide the keys for people who paid $20 until the last minute.

Top Bottom