• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
Let it be said this OT was born in an hour of broken glass and bitten fingernails: a mere two minutes before I wanted to put it up, I was still waiting for Nick Breckon to PM me the dragonified title and a boatload of glasses fell down from one of our closets and broke into a million pieces.

I hope this means it's destined for greatness.
Awesome OT, the Oblivion art for races works better in the contex than i expected...
Now i need to figure out how i can wait till Friday...

Blue Ninja said:
Hic Sunt Dracones.
Uh, what?

AuthenticM said:
So have they said anything regarding the Dark Elf's voice? Is it the original, gruff Morrowind voice, or the Wood Elf voice from Oblivion?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the gruff, Morrowind-style Dunmer voices would be making a return. Can anyone confirm that?

GreekWolf

Game hasn't even been released, and I'm already eagerly anticipating the DLC possibilities.

What about a Sload infestation of Tamriel? Maybe, another doomed assault on Akavir? Man, I can't wait.

Bootaaay said:
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the gruff, Morrowind-style Dunmer voices would be making a return. Can anyone confirm that?
Confirmed in the Quakecon video. The unfortunate Dunmer caught in the Spider's lair had that grizzled voice from Morrowind.

garath

I guess it's time for me to finally get an avatar.

I'll take this one
3ZoxX.png
. Thanks Sumo!

Leunam

Blue Ninja said:
Vvardenfell was destroyed when the Ministry of Truth crashed into Vivec. Red Mountain erupted and rained ashes all over Morrowind. Then the Argonians invaded, set the land on fire and drove the Dunmer to Solstheim and Skyrim.

I have a lot of reading to do.

ced

Solo said:
My IMPERIAL SCUM mass murdering warrior's body is ready.

I can't wait to do some sweet guard murdering, hopefully in this one they're not all telepathically connected.

Leunam said:
I have a lot of reading to do.
If you can get your hands on the novels, definitely do. Tamriel's changed a lot in the time between Oblivion and Skyrim.

PhoReal said:
Awesome OT!

Also, the PC version has GFWL? Ugh...
No, Steamworks.

Need to update the system requirements, too. Thanks for letting me know, Wallach.

Mad_Ban

Blue Ninja said:
Vvardenfell was destroyed when the Ministry of Truth crashed into Vivec. Red Mountain erupted and rained ashes all over Morrowind. Then the Argonians invaded, set the land on fire and drove the Dunmer to Solstheim and Skyrim.
Oh lord I wasn't aware of that. I feel a bit ashamed as a fan of the series that I didn't know that... D:

Solo

ced said:
I can't wait to do some sweet guard murdering, hopefully in this one they're not all telepathically connected.

Any guard dumb enough to try and arrest me goes in the ground.

Jb

Great OP! For some odd reason I'm super hyped for Skyrim even though I could never get into Oblivion/F3. Please don't let me down Bethesda.

Really looking forward to this but am I the weird for being a little worried about it?
I hate same day review embargos, I know every game does it now but it annoys me.

Levyne

Banned
Looking forward to this, having never played an Elder Scrolls game before. But probably will wait a couple months before grabbing.

Clevinger

Bootaaay said:

I can't confirm it, but I remember hearing that too. I love that voice.

pringles

This game will be the biggest test yet for my current relationship.

brerwolfe said:
Thanks for all the work on this, although the 11:11 post time will probably largely go unnoticed..
mind blown

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Mad_Ban said:
Oh lord I wasn't aware of that. I feel a bit ashamed as a fan of the series that I didn't know that... D:
Honestly, I just haven't heard much praise for the books, so I never figured they'd be important. Guess I'll have to check them out.

woober

Skryim... Witcher 2, Deus Ex: HR, Dark Souls... This year has been a great year for RPGS. BRING IT ON SKYRIM!

Lakitu

st5fu
I've still got no idea what kind of character I'll be building this time around. Whether it's two handed, or one handed + destruction for combat. I guess I'll see how I progress in the game.

DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIN
NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN
WAH DEIN VOKUL MAHFAERAAK AHST VAAL
AHRK FIN NOROK PAAL GRAAN
FOD NUST HON ZINDRO ZIN
DOVAHKIIN FAH HIN KOGAAN MU DRAAL

Let's do this.

garath

I never get guides for games but I am seriously considering it this time around. If nothing else for the complete breakdown of skills and location of all those skillbooks throughout the world.

Good, bad? $16 from amazon seems great.

GreekWolf said:
Confirmed in the Quakecon video. The unfortunate Dunmer caught in the Spider's lair had that grizzled voice from Morrowind.

Thank god for that. The fact that all elves had the same voice to save on VOs was shocking when they had more variety even in Morrowind.

syllogism

Judging by the perk trees, it looks like that you can't really afford nearly everything, so can't quite be a [min maxed] jack of all trades in Skyrim, unlike in morrowind/oblivion

Hyunkel6

My most hyped game of the year. I have a feeling that my retailer will ship the game the Monday after release though. :(

garath said:
I never get guides for games but I am seriously considering it this time around. If nothing else for the complete breakdown of skills and location of all those skillbooks throughout the world.

Good, bad? $16 from amazon seems great.

It's 656 pages. That's like 2 months on the toilet.

Effect

gdt5016 said:
I was bored to tears by Oblivion, but loved Fallout 3/NV. Might get this....
This is an interesting situation for a lot of people I think in regard to this game. Bethesda has learned a lot I assume from Oblivion to Fallout 3 and from FO3 to Skyrim. However Skyrim like Oblivion and Morrowwind is still a fantasy sword and magic RPG. Fallout 3/NV are post-apocalyptic gun/melee RPGs. The two franchises are very different in terms of tone, feel, presentation, etc. Things that play a large part in a person enjoying a game. I can easily see some people not having the game click with them in the end.

For the lore fans who have some catching up to do, definitely give the "Story" and "Setting"-segments a good read, I wrote 'em just for you. ;)

Wanace

syllogism said:
Judging by the perk trees, it looks like that you can't really afford nearly everything, so can't quite be a [min maxed] jack of all trades in Skyrim, unlike in morrowind/oblivion
Yeah there's like 280 perks total (including levels of individual perks) and you can realistically expect to get 50 levels and perks.

Lots of replayability options here.

Lakitu said:
I've still got no idea what kind of character I'll be building this time around. Whether it's two handed, or one handed + destruction for combat. I guess I'll see how I progress in the game.

I'm feeling the same way, I know I'm going to be Argonian, likely a mage, but I think I'll be saving up my perks for a while before I spend them so I know exactly what I want to do.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hopefully this isn't like the previous Bethesda games and require mods to be worth playing.

zlatko

Banned
v0mitg0d said:

Pretty bold of them to use this cover the more I think about it. It doesn't exactly grab you if you saw it on a store shelf, but I think it is the most appropriate for the epicness this game holds within.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom