• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
GasProblem said:
Bought it at the store today. Gamemania is selling it.

Yeah but you're talking about the PC version, which isn't steam unlocked yet. That's why he's asking why it's possible.

Unless the map you were talking about, in fact, is the cloth map you get in your CE.

eravulgaris said:
Yeah but you're talking about the PC version, which isn't steam unlocked yet. That's why he's asking why it's possible.

Unless the map you were talking about, in fact, is the cloth map you get in your CE.

Yeah, I was talking about the 'cloth' map. Sorry 'bout that. The cloth map has some red X's on it, wonder what's at those locations in the game.

atom631

Neo Member
So how does one who purchased the game through steam go about getting the cloth map? Will it be available as a PDF to us?

Mind

Neo Member
Picked up the game this morning to. Finally we Dutch people get a game earlier then the rest. Love it so far. Intro IS GREAT. Runs smoothly on PS3.

BorndatascalP

Neo Member
The CE barely fits the passenger seat of my car! Gamemania in The Netherlands is selling the game.

21n35f6.jpg

ShinNL

Mmm, I feel a bit stupid now. First I didn't know the game was Steamworks, so I ordered the game through Steam (I want it on Steam). Someone helped me gift the game from the US, so I thought I saved some money (€43 instead of €50). I got curious after reading that the game is using Steamworks, so I checked the prices... it's below €35 in some Dutch stores :(

Not only will I probably not be able to play the game day 1 because of my slowish internet download connection, but I also lost money and don't have a neat box. *slightly sad*

Solo said:
Sucks that the console version is being plagued by this texture shit

/smug PC gamer

Let's just hope the PC version isn't cursed with a truckload of bugs by you tempting fate! Good news is the texture issue when the game is installed on 360 seems to be corrected by clearing the cache, according to our very own Donat!

JudgeN

So pre-order at D2D anyone know how D2D handles steamworks preorders? Will I get my code on preload day so I can be ready to go?

coopolon

JudgeN said:
So pre-order at D2D anyone know how D2D handles steamworks preorders? Will I get my code on preload day so I can be ready to go?

I asked in the Steam thread and people said that with previous STeamworks games they've gotten the codes from D2D a little early so that they could preload.

Now that everyone's getting the game going have to stop checking this thread, enjoy it everyone!

Woorloog

Banned
My copy's been shipped! Hopefully arrives on Thursday (i very much doubt it'd arrive tomorrow).
I wonder how long it'll take CDON.fi to ship my copy of CE Game guide...

Lakitu

st5fu
Woorloog said:
My copy's been shipped! Hopefully arrives on Thursday (i very much doubt it'd arrive tomorrow).
I wonder how long it'll take CDON.fi to ship my copy of CE Game guide...

Hopefully mine comes on Thursday as well. Seems quite a few people are getting it early.

cripterion

Sutton Dagger said:
The game will unlock according to three different regions
Australia, UK/Europe, and US. Each region will unlock at 12:01am Friday. It looks like the New Zealand unlock will happen on the Aussie EST at 12:01, which would be Friday 2am in NZ.

Actually not 3 regions only, the game unlocks in 1month and day for people in Japan. Yeah, steam hater here but a lot of people would hate it too if they lived up here.

LCfiner

I just realized that since I pre-ordered the 360 version online from futureshop when they had their 40 dollar deal in the summer that I won't get it in time for the weekend. (I forgot it was a non tuesday release)

D'oh

I may have to pre-load on steam and play the PC version instead. I had been hoping to wait till I had a more powerful computer before getting it on steam for cheap but I don't think I'll be able to go through the weekend without trying it out first.

Lakitu said:
Hopefully mine comes on Thursday as well. Seems quite a few people are getting it early.

hope Gamestop brake the street date... I usually do not buy from them, but this time I preordered the limited because it's in English.

My brother is coming home with our copy

Can't believe it's been 15 years already since we were kids and waiting for the postman with our copy of Daggerfall :)

I don't think there are any small game stores in the Dnever area any more. the few I knew of all died, so I can't think of any way to get the street date broken. Shame, there always used to be a way to get a game early. The only thing I can think of Is BlockBuster(if they are still open here). When Killzone came out, they had it to rent 4 days early. I rented it and just bought it from them at the counter and the guy gave me one of the boxed they had for the game.

craigrushforth said:
MMaRsu's PS3 footage is up on youtube. I didn't see if you'd posted a link to it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUi61RRlug

Thanks for uploading this. It's good to finally see it in motion. Looks really good.
Thank you, that's more footage than they ever showed to market the game :p

Ricker

Asked a few times no one answered,once the game is installed via the retail DVD,via Steam can you play it offline after? is there anyway to install the game offline if you have the DVD before Friday?

JoeBoy101

Ricker said:
Asked a few times no one answered,once the game is installed via the retail DVD,via Steam can you play it offline after? is there anyway to install the game offline if you have the DVD before Friday?

Not sure, but I'd guess you could, with regards to playing offline. But you will NOT be able to play offline until Friday because even though the game would install all the content, it would still need to unlock via Steam. And that won't happen until 12AM Friday.

DISASTER!!! The PSU on my gaming PC just died! Fuck!! Had to order a new one!! Luckily Amazon UK had a decent one. Plus I get it tomorrow before 1pm.

Can't believe it died though. It's only 18 months old - be quiet! Dark Power Pro 750W and 4 12v rails with 20 amps each. More than up to the job of running my PC. It does have a 3 year warranty but can I find the invoice? Can I fuck! I do have an email copy...on my powerless PC!
Hopefully there'll be no more fuck ups, even though I have to work a 12 hour shift on Friday.
Arrgggghhhh. Still, if it had been my PS3 or 460 that went wrong I'd have to buy a replacement. Master race still wins.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
wait? This game isn't out today?

I was just about to go to the store then I started reading the last pages of this thread.

So sad now :(

anddo0

Darkness said:
wait? This game isn't out today?

I was just about to go to the store then I started reading the last pages of this thread.

So sad now :(

Stupid 11-11-11 :(

It's going to be a long three days.

BobTheFork said:
I don't think there are any small game stores in the Dnever area any more. the few I knew of all died, so I can't think of any way to get the street date broken. Shame, there always used to be a way to get a game early. The only thing I can think of Is BlockBuster(if they are still open here). When Killzone came out, they had it to rent 4 days early. I rented it and just bought it from them at the counter and the guy gave me one of the boxed they had for the game.

BobtheFork, there is Gameforce in Boulder and in Longmont that may have it I have not checked as I am getting it from amazon...I would check them out tho, great people at the Boulder location.

Ricker

JoeBoy101 said:
Not sure, but I'd guess you could, with regards to playing offline. But you will NOT be able to play offline until Friday because even though the game would install all the content, it would still need to unlock via Steam. And that won't happen until 12AM Friday.

Ah ok,thanks,I hope it`s like other games I have on Steam,I think I can play offline,like Rage for example...I will test that right now as a mater of fact.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Slackbladder said:
DISASTER!!! The PSU on my gaming PC just died! Fuck!! Had to order a new one!! Luckily Amazon UK had a decent one. Plus I get it tomorrow before 1pm.

Can't believe it died though. It's only 18 months old - be quiet! Dark Power Pro 750W and 4 12v rails with 20 amps each. More than up to the job of running my PC. It does have a 3 year warranty but can I find the invoice? Can I fuck! I do have an email copy...on my powerless PC!
Hopefully there'll be no more fuck ups, even though I have to work a 12 hour shift on Friday.
Arrgggghhhh. Still, if it had been my PS3 or 460 that went wrong I'd have to buy a replacement. Master race still wins.
Just look at it like a new car battery. At least your PC didn't break down in the middle of the desert if you know what I mean ;

And not watching that footage on PS3 but if people think it looks good there then it has to look gangster like on PC. At the very least, lower income rich ghetto fabulous esque~

Woorloog

Banned
syllogism said:
So I've been informed that for most skills, if not all, raising the skill level has NO EFFECT AT ALL besides making new perks available (and obviously levelling you up). Can someone confirm if this is really the case, because that's just awful
That wouldn't make any sense... i could understand the effect being rather small compared to Oblivion due perks but no effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom