• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Entire Annapurna Interactive Staff has Resigned Today Following Dispute w/ Owner

Mr Moose

So it's 25 people in the publishing section that walked? Shouldn't be too much to worry about.
Why did they want to spin off that division?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
me_new-headshot_2017.jpg
I shouldn't have asked.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah, so from what I'm reading, Ellison wants Annapurna Interactive (their gaming publishing arm) to focus more on AAA titles than on indie game publishing, which is the complete opposite of what Nathan Gary and his team were trying to achieve under this Annapurna Interactive label.

Tbh, good for them, and like I said in my previous post, I see no reason why these guys won't get the funding they need to create a new indie label and continue finding and supporting great indie projects. I'll play almost anything these guys publish.

This is truly distrubing to be honest. Business executives in the gaming space are starting to become the dumbest business people on Earth. I'm sure some kind of way GAF will blame this on DEI though. :messenger_smirking:

So Ellison couldn't reach an agreement with her dad to buy out the spin-off org, so instead she conspired with the staff for them all to quit and follow her into a brand new organisation.

Pretty bold strategy.

Top Bottom