• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patty sucked.

Nonsense. Patty was great. She worked well with Barry, until the plot pushed her out of TV town, because reasons.

I'll keep saying what I said a couple of times, but her leaving TV town was the right decision. Because of their target audience, these writers are just not able to write a proper romantic relationship that doesn't turn into a tumblr shitshow.

Joni

A lawyer from Earth-2 that wants Barry to pay for his crimes. The battle of the century. It will all be located in a courtroom. The lawyer will not be Harvey Birdman though. Also, Barry kills the lawyer midway through the season due to reasons unknown (Earth-2 lives do not matter).

It will be Black Siren Laurel, turning out to be a killer attorney with a perfect record, considering everyone is the opposite on Earth-2. Destroying Barry in the courtroom.

- J - D -

Patty sucked.

I agree, she just had way too much chemistry with Gustin and was too smart and capable with too decent a backstory and motivation. Terrible character all the way, I'm glad they bungled all of that and forced her off the show in order to gracefully bludgeon us all to death with the infinitely more mismatched Barry x Iris (because I like to suffer).

Iris all the way. She is is my type of boring sisterly love interest.

Ashhong

I agree, she just had way too much chemistry with Gustin and was too smart and capable with too decent a backstory and motivation. Terrible character all the way, I'm glad they bungled all of that and forced her off the show in order to gracefully bludgeon us all to death with the infinitely more mismatched Barry x Iris (because I like to suffer).

Iris all the way. She is is my type of boring sisterly love interest.

I'm sorry but Patty just didn't do it for me. The chemistry didn't feel real. She just seemed to be trying too hard to be cool and perfect for Barry. Say what you want about the Iris/Barry relationship, but the chemistry between the two feels natural.

I'm probably not explaining myself correctly, but basically Patty felt fake. I much preferred Dr Light girl

- J - D -

I'm sorry but Patty just didn't do it for me. The chemistry didn't feel real. She just seemed to be trying too hard to be cool and perfect for Barry. Say what you want about the Iris/Barry relationship, but the chemistry between the two feels natural.

I'm probably not explaining myself correctly, but basically Patty felt fake. I much preferred Dr Light girl

^Okay, Linda Park 4 life.

ZeroX03

Banned
Barry and Iris have long time friend chemistry, not sexual (or sibling) chemistry. And I just realized we don't really know all that much about Iris' motivation. We know why Patty lives the life she does, but Iris is a journalist because Joe said no to being a cop I guess?

Patty 4 Life
Linda 4 Wally

ZeroX03

Banned
so this is it huh

the final step towards redemption

are you guys ready? do you have snacks? drinks?

It all comes down to a man in a mask.

13285282_130912643980625_597327119_n.jpg

carlsojo

Would be nice if they end the season with putting the mask on Zoom if it is some sort of zapping away powers thing.

I'm pretty sure that's why the guy has to wear it. He's probably a speedster and he could break out if he wasn't wearing the mask.

Joni

I'm pretty sure that's why the guy has to wear it. He's probably a speedster and he could break out if he wasn't wearing the mask.

It would be great if it could be used to power up the original masked guy, so that a seething Zoom is responsible for a new hero.

ZeroX03

Banned
Kevin hyping up the mask reveal on Twitter...

I'll certainly be watching live and messaging Joni unsolicited spoilers but I might refrain on posting during so I can focus on the episode. Commercial breaks only..

Joni

Kevin hyping up the mask reveal on Twitter...

I'll certainly be watching live and messaging Joni unsolicited spoilers but I might refrain on posting during so I can focus on the episode. Commercial breaks only..
I didn't know you could PM people who have you on ignore.

ZeroX03

Banned
In that case I wonder if you will be able to spoil me and actually keep the promise. I will be in another country the entire day without an idea if I have internet. Awesome timing.

You can't beat me, Joni. Yes you're younger and you're faster yet you always seem to come up short against me. Wanna know why? Because you don't know, in you heart, what you're spoiling for, what you're willing to sacrifice and I do.

PreFire

Not clicking any spoiler tags today lol

But I just rewatched last week's episode and damn, that look on Wally's face when he finds out (finally) that Barry is the Flash.. do you think he's gonna be super pissed no one told him about it? Lol also him and Jesse got some chemistry going on lol

Seeing Henry get killed a second time wasn't any easier. Which would make it more awesome if he's the real Jay Garrick on earth 2

Cisco's vibe about earth 2 splitting.. That shit looked crazy. Are his vibes of the future unstoppable?

icespide

Banned
Not clicking any spoiler tags today lol

But I just rewatched last week's episode and damn, that look on Wally's face when he finds out (finally) that Barry is the Flash.. do you think he's gonna be super pissed no one told him about it? Lol also him and Jesse got some chemistry going on lol

Seeing Henry get killed a second time wasn't any easier. Which would make it more awesome if he's the real Jay Garrick on earth 2

Cisco's vibe about earth 2 splitting.. That shit looked crazy. Are his vibes of the future unstoppable?

based on the finale trailer
seems like wally won't be mad and instead is very thankful to barry

Joni

You can't beat me, Joni. Yes you're younger and you're faster yet you always seem to come up short against me. Wanna know why? Because you don't know, in you heart, what you're spoiling for, what you're willing to sacrifice and I do.

I respect order, Mr. Zero. Discipline, precision. You are sloppy. All you represent is anarchy. You made a mess. I suggest you clean it up.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just the other day I was thinking it would be cool if next season The Flash has a human big bad, and Arrow has a metahuman. Just to mix things up and test the characters in different ways.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just the other day I was thinking it would be cool if next season The Flash has a human big bad, and Arrow has a metahuman. Just to mix things up and test the characters in different ways.

I posted this in the Arrow thread a few weeks back but it it relates here:

This seems like an appropriate time for me to share my fanfiction for season 5.

My basic idea for the next seasons of Flash and Arrow are to flip the types of threats the shows deal with. With Flash, that means going up against an organization with larger plans (my idea would be Mercury Labs and their attempts to weaponize meathumans).

But with Arrow, I'd start the first few episodes with Oliver being comfortable with whatever status quo exists. Have him being super-confident and competent dealing with a few super-powered villains of the week.

Then, around episode six or so, towards the end of the episode, have that week's villain nearly escape from Oliver, only for them to be swept up by a Superman-type metahuman (use an alt-universe Superman stand-in like Optiman). He's a ridiculous superman-as-boy-scout pastiche. Have him be around in the background doing big things like saving planes and stuff, wanting to team up with Oliver for certain threats, the works. Have Oliver be skeptical about this new ally, but reluctantly accept his help because all the villains he's facing now have powers.

Then around episode 12 have a stinger where Optiman scoops up a petty purse-snatcher, flies him up over the city and fucking incinerates him right there with his laser-eyes.

Eventually Oliver is run out of town by Optiman and he sets up in Central City to plan his next moves. We discover that Optiman ties into the Mercury Labs plot over on the Flash. The rest of the season is Oliver preparing to take down Superman.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I'd be down for that. We can actually get a competent version of Batman v Superman.

Diggle: You're gonna go to war?
Oliver Queen: That son of a bitch brought the war to us two days ago. Jesus, Diggle, count the dead... one thief. What's next? Two thieves? He has the power to wipe out the entire gang of thieves, and if we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty... and we have to destroy him.
Diggle: But he is not our enemy!
Oliver Queen: Not today. Five years in Starling City, Diggle; we've seen what vigilantes are worth. How many Black Canary's are left? How many stayed Black Canary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom