• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

Or it will exist in the future.

You clearly didn't read the synopsis of the leading roles they are casting next season.😉

Plus the JSA was never formed in the future, in every DC iteration it's been in the WWII era. (Although that doesn't preclude some sort of alternate-timeline/parallel dimension thing)

Joni

You clearly didn't read the synopsis of the leading roles they are casting next season.😉

Plus the JSA was never formed in the future, in every DC iteration it's been in the WWII era. (Although that doesn't preclude some sort of alternate-timeline/parallel dimension thing)

It has never been named in Arrow or Flash as existing before 2016, so I have to assume that if it exists, it will be formed in the future.

ZeroX03

Banned
It has never been named in Arrow or Flash as existing before 2016, so I have to assume that if it exists, it will be formed in the future.

Smallville had a JSA that existed in the 70s that nobody once mentioned until the ninth season. They couldn't even mention the JSA until this point in the Arrowverse, it wasn't something being set up for more than a year.

ZeroX03

Banned
So Tom Cavanagh seems weirdly upset that Grant Gustin isn't playing Barry in the DCEU. I mean, he does get that it is two separate universes, right?

How is it weirdly upset? Gustin is his colleague and friend and been killing it in the role. Of course he'd want the role given to Gustin, regardless of story.

How is it weirdly upset? Gustin is his colleague and friend and been killing it in the role.
Even if it's his friend, he should realize that Grant not being cast is because they want to separate the movie universe from the TV universe and not because Snyder is being a dick or doesn't want to let him read for it.

Even if it's his friend, he should realize that Grant not being cast is because they want to separate the movie universe from the TV universe and not because Snyder is being a dick or doesn't want to let him read for it.

though if I have to be pedantic the tv show sets up multiple universes, so technically he can play a different Barry Allen in the movie universe. But yeah, logistics-wise it's impossible since WB doesn't want people to confuse TV continuity with movie continuity, even though the CW Flash is probably going to be the better of the two portrayals.

Zoom is basically grimdark snyderverse Barry anyways

Joni

So Tom Cavanagh seems weirdly upset that Grant Gustin isn't playing Barry in the DCEU. I mean, he does get that it is two separate universes, right?

Grant Gustin is a really sweet guy, Tom Cavanagh also has no reason to hold back about their bad casting.

Snyder and Miller are also kinda dick-ish in their comments about the television universe, claiming that they have seen it but through their comments making it clear they don't know a thing about it. Like they want to make the movie an emotional experience.

Maddocks

All this outrage is to throw people off, when Grant shows up in JL movie when they view into the multiverse it will be amazing and blow minds.

MartyStu

While I like grant, I generally dislike his Barry. Has wayyyy too much Wally in him.

Goes without saying that I am also not very hot on the Movie one either.

I actually like the original from the '90s way more in terms of casting.

Gleethor

Grant Gustin is a really sweet guy, Tom Cavanagh also has no reason to hold back about their bad casting.

Bad casting? We've barely seen anything of Miller's Flash, and frankly from his previous work he acts circles around Gustin, and I like Gustin.

ZeroX03

Banned
While I like grant, I generally dislike his Barry. Has wayyyy too much Wally in him.

Goes without saying that I am also not very hot on the Movie one either.

I actually like the original from the '90s way more in terms of casting.

He's got a more upbeat attitude and prone to humor, but he's a lot dorkier than Wally and not on his level in romance or wit.

Plus why would you ever actually want a Barry Allen? He's easily the worst of the leading speedsters. Better to take from who worked.

Bad casting? We've barely seen anything of Miller's Flash, and frankly from his previous work he acts circles around Gustin, and I like Gustin.

BRUCE

YOUVE GOT TO FIND MY PAST SELF

AND TELL HIM TO SHAVE

THE FATE OF THE WORLD DEPENDS ON IT

brawly

"We didn't just know her. We loved her." Caitlin about Laurel

...what? Such a weird line. They were hardly that close to eachother.

100% agreed. After seeing Perks of Being A Wallflower I was totally onboard with EzraFlash.

Joni

It screams good actor.

Superhero movies have seen a lot of good actors fail, as different genres of movies require different types of acting. He is good at the stuff he does, but superhero? Gustin got a good cameo to convince people, Miller didn't.

I'm glad the TV/Movie universes are seperate, because if they dont move to the movies then they start to be come ungrateful and bitter like chloe bennet.

I dont want grant to go down that road.

Joni

I'm glad the TV/Movie universes are seperate, because if they dont move to the movies then they start to be come ungrateful and bitter like chloe bennet.

I dont want grant to go down that road.

They should have really told her the truth about the shared Marvel universe. But at the same time, DC should be honest and stop the embargoes as they promised.

Well the movie actors probably make considerably more than the TV actors so wanting your colleague and friend to have that higher status is definitely understandable.

Also Grant has been killing it as Barry and the DCEU is a shit pile brainchild of Snyders.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think Tom was more upset by the idea that Grant was being dismissed from being an option. But honestly, it just wouldn't work. Mainly for the logistics, he wouldn't be able to star in the tv show. Not even in a reduced capacity. And secondly, it doesn't add anything to either the movies or the films in a significant way. The Flash is the #1 show for The CW, and recently with sagging viewership on the other networks, it has been doing well in general (not even just by CW standard). But not that many people are watching it in the grand scheme of things, compared to those who would be seeing a film. You couldn't have anything that requires knowledge from the tv shows because you would have more people who have never seen a minute of The Flash watching a movie than actually have. And the movies have a much longer production cycle than an episode of the show, heck more than an entire season in some cases...so the shows would always be a reaction to the movies, not the other way around. The shows can be changed and messed around with quickly. Not to mention they would be even stingier about the usage of characters on the TV end if they had a direct connection to the films.So if you can't expand on plot points or characters from the TV in the film, or the other direction, what is the point? It's familiar face, that's about it.

I'd rather just keep the movie and TV universes separate for DC. As connected as the Marvel universe supposedly is, the interaction between the movies and tv shows is minuscule. I'm perfectly fine with DC TV trying their own thing and then DC movies going in whatever direction they want.

Grant is an okay CW actor. He does a good job with the material. Compared to Ezra Miller? I'd have to give it to Ezra every time though. But to be fair to Grant, I've only seen him on Glee and The Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom