• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
A part of me wonders if they re-shot the ending scene so that him going back and changing things, then flashpoint happening, causes Supergirl to 'occur' on Earth 1? It also gives them a chance to redo or reboot any screw ups that fans have complained about on Arrow.

The term 'fans' cracks me up.

Those people aren't fans, they're the whiniest nerds in the history of the internet, sort of people who make watching/commenting on these shows utterly insufferable because they get so salty every episode at the most minimal of details. Like I get criticising a show, I don't get people who seriously think Arrow is anywhere close to being the worst show on television. Like how small is your experience of TV that you think that is in any conceivable way true?

Not to mention how the anger at Felicity is flat out creepy as fuck. Like genuinely makes me concerned for certain people's mental states/attitudes to women.

Xemnas89

Jesse & Wally is happening. The ship is setting sail now. #TeamJally

It's super weird that Barry's grief from watching his father die made him decide to go back in time and save his mother. You would think that he would just go back a few days and save Henry.

When Barry messes up the timeline he goes all the way with it.

Joni

Not sure about that. He did mention he's expected to be a substantial part of S3 and possibly on Legends, didn't sound like regular though. Especially as Wentworth and Ciara on Legends were announced practically immediately after their episodes aired.
Might just be timing-wise for PR.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Jesse & Wally is happening. The ship is setting sail now. #TeamJally

It's super weird that Barry's grief from watching his father die made him decide to go back in time and save his mother. You would think that he would just go back a few days and save Henry.

He got tired of his parents being taken away from him. Makes sense he goes back in time and ensures they both survive.

Mariolee

Do time remnants have to die? Zoom very specifically says he convinced one of his remnants to take the fall for him. Why can't a bunch of time remnants just chill together?

Lol do we need more Barry's hanging around taking L's?

Also rereading through some of the thread showed people weren't really paying attention to some parts of this episode.

Trojan X

Banned
Gotta have a speedster for Black Flash to kill.

Everyone going to be shitting bricks now that the Black Flash now exist.

My gosh...... I can't stop blowing up over this episode. It was beyond. This show is on some god-tier level - it's frigging unbelievable........ Took me 30mins to re-compose myself. So insane.

Xemnas89

Captain Cold and Jay Garrick on every show!

Cold on Supergirl or Arrow would be great, he's so genre savvy it makes everything gold.

I'm sure it probably wont happen right now but I believe they said they'd like to do more deals like the one with Wentworh Miller as they go along. Would be cool if JWS got one so he could go through all the shows as Jay Garrick.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
He got tired of his parents being taken away from him. Makes sense he goes back in time and ensures they both survive.

Two reasons I don't like that. The episode with Barry in the Speed force was about him facing his mother's death. It's problematic enough that it's a topic they've gone over and resolved multiple times...but Barry went back to save his mom in last year's season finale and was told not to. And that was before he had much experience with time travel. He isn't really growing as character, which is frustrating to watch. He's just doing things so the plot moves in a certain direction, not because a person would do that. That's the problem with introducing time travel into things, there need to be reasons why Barry can't reset things constantly. The Time Wraiths sorta do that, but very inconsistently.

I assume he has signed on as a regular.

PREDICTION:

The deal Wentworth got is the deal all of the JSA gets.

Arrowverse Earth 3 JSA:

Jay Garrick Flash
Hourman
Power Girl (70% Comic-accurate older Kara, 30% odds they make her Astra or Alura's doppleganger)
Black Canary
Citizen Cold

Yeah.

The whole time remnant thing is kind of opening a can of worms that I don't think was a great idea. I mean every fight Barry has in the future I'll just be thinking "why don't you just grab a couple of time remnants and whoop ass?"

Time Remnant Army is Gog's M.O.

f3O9psH.jpg

Joni

I'm sure it probably wont happen right now but I believe they said they'd like to do more deals like the one with Wentworh Miller as they go along. Would be cool if JWS got one so he could go through all the shows as Jay Garrick.

Should try to get such contracts for all actors now.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Two reasons I don't like that. The episode with Barry in the Speed force was about him facing his mother's death. It's problematic enough that it's a topic they've gone over and resolved multiple times...but Barry went back to save his mom in last year's season finale and was told not to. And that was before he had much experience with time travel. He isn't really growing as character, which is frustrating to watch. He's just doing things so the plot moves in a certain direction, not because a person would do that. That's the problem with introducing time travel into things, there need to be reasons why Barry can't reset things constantly. The Time Wraiths sorta do that, but very inconsistently.

That makes sense actually. But I think I kind of like that he hasn't learned anything. I liked the selfishness of his act.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Isn't that the point?

I mean we're not meant to applaud him here, he's doing something stupid and selfish in a moment of weakness. And as a result, will fuck everything up and have to undo it. Which is a pretty great character moment - he's going to finally see that his recklessness re: time travel is going to break the world.

And in the process give us an adaptation of a pretty awesome Flash story.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
haha how many Flashes are going to end up in that house by the time the show ends?

I liked the episode, their 'reveals' definitely underwhelmed compared to last year though, having JWS in the mask was nice fan service, but considering considering the big deal they made out of it, had no impact on the plot at all. And Barry going back to save his Mom is also a nice moment (although, he already went back once to have a final moment with her, and then faced up to her death again in the speedforce...is he just making time remnants of himself before all his emotional growth and then murdering them afterwards?), but I'm sure the show won't go forward in the new timeline and Barry will be forced to undo it early in season 3.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Isn't that the point?

I mean we're not meant to applaud him here, he's doing something stupid and selfish in a moment of weakness. And as a result, will fuck everything up and have to undo it. Which is a pretty great character moment - he's going to finally see that his recklessness re: time travel is going to break the world.

And in the process give us an adaptation of a pretty awesome Flash story.

It would be good if they didn't devote an episode to him moving past it. I like Flashpoint but what's the purpose of "The Runaway Dinosaur" if Barry is the same person two episodes later? What did he learn from Zoom? I'm not saying Barry should always be right,that would be boring. But for as much as subjects are discussed over and over, nothing is taken from it. Barry is overconfident in the previous episode, Zoom smashes that and Barry is... overconfident in the next episode. But now he wants revenge. The lesson learned only matters if it is learned and has impact, which there has been a reluctance to do.

So, it's pretty much guaranteed to be Flashpoint? I was kinda curious about what the original Earth-1 Timeline was like prior to Reverse Flash messing with it in the first place. Actually, I thought we were always going to meet Flash #1(the one who originally didn't become the Flash til a decade later without Thawne's interference) at some point through time travel shenanigans.

Joni

It would be good if they didn't devote an episode to him moving past it. I like Flashpoint but what's the purpose of "The Runaway Dinosaur" if Barry is the same person two episodes later? What did he learn from Zoom? I'm not saying Barry should always be right,that would be boring. But for as much as subjects are discussed over and over, nothing is taken from it. Barry is overconfident in the previous episode, Zoom smashes that and Barry is... overconfident in the next episode. But now he wants revenge. The lesson learned only matters if it is learned and has impact, which there has been a reluctance to do.

The only point is showing how wrong Barry is for doing this now.

Xanathus

I really hope CW gets serious about Flashpoint and actually make it affect Arrow and possibly Legends, but most likely it'll just be self contained within Flash because things will just revert back to the original timeline.

Joni

I really hope CW gets serious about Flashpoint and actually make it affect Arrow and possibly Legends, but most likely it'll just be self contained within Flash because things will just revert back to the original timeline.

I expect some limited consequences, especially as it will work to the crossover I assume.

DeathyBoy

Banned

The point of The Runaway Dinosaur was to tell Barry that tragedy happens, man the fuck up and keep running. But the lesson he took from that was 'I'M INVINCIBLE, LOL.'

Barry is essentially Derek Zoolander who's been told the story of why they're using male models as assassins, and replies with 'but why male models?'

A bit anticlimatic.

Events prove time and time again that changing the past doesn't work out, and even if you do it the time wraiths will turn your shit inside out.

But Barry does it anyway.

Joni

They had everyone come back for some ADR last week. Must have been very loud where they filmed or something went wrong with the sound. It certainly did seem off.

It strangely worked for the hologram sounding hollow, but was distracting on the rest.

Is Flashpoint one of the only big DC comic events from recent years that people have latched onto in the style of something like Infinite Earths? I'm always surprised at how excitedly everyone talks about it, especially with how ComicGAF seems to talk about Geoff Johns.

Season 3 premiere. Barry finds himself powerless, so he goes to meet Oliver Queen, only to find Robert Queen (Green Arrow) living by himself all fucked up and shitty, and Moira is the Dark Archer.

Is Flashpoint one of the only big DC comic events from recent years that people have latched onto in the style of something like Infinite Earths? I'm always surprised at how excitedly everyone talks about it, especially with how ComicGAF seems to talk about Geoff Johns.

Flashpoint is awesome. And yeah it was a huge DC event that triggered the New 52. Also the animated film Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox is just all around great. Probably my favorite of all the DC Anim. Films. (And I think still available on Netflix)

Season 3 premiere. Barry finds himself powerless, so he goes to meet Oliver Queen, only to find Robert Queen (Green Arrow) living by himself all fucked up and shitty, and Moira is the Dark Archer.

Moira Merlyn

Sandfox

I really enjoyed this finale.

Needs more Felicity to be realistic.

ZeroX03

Banned

Go and watch Flashpoint Paradox immediately.

Xemnas89

I get excited for it because I liked the animated movie and because it's one of the few comic book storys I actually know.

Go and watch Flashpoint Paradox immediately.

I get excited for it because I liked the animated movie and because it's one of the few comic book storys I actually know.

Ah so it's the animated movie that kicked off its popularity? Makes sense, I've read the storyline and watched the movie and found myself enjoying the animated adaptation a lot more.

I'm looking forward to seeing how far they really commit in season 3. Should be a heck of a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom