• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas89

so how long do you think flashpoint will actually last? one episode? two? first half of the season?

I'd like it to last till the crossover at least. I really don't know yet how they're going to handle it or if they'll leave the flash in it's own bubble for a little while but I hope they pull it off decently enough.

strafer

hmm, wally taking Barry as The Flash bette than expected.

Good. We don't need six episodes of him whining and doing fast and the furious stuff.

The Supergirl thing was really last minute. CBS wasn't going to renew it, but CW was. I think Flash would have ended the same way no matter what.

You also gotta remember that Supergirl ended a while ago so all these talks and negotiation were going on since then so maybe they gave the crew a heads up that we should go this route if we can get the rights to SG and go with the original play if SG gets cancelled outright or picked back up by CBS. You maybe right but it's a possibility.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
so how long do you think flashpoint will actually last? one episode? two? first half of the season?

I'm thinking until the 4 way crossover. Maybe Flashpoint is less widespread in the TV version and only impacts stuff in Central City, so it stays to Flash. Or it totally changes everything but Flash stays to itself until the crossover.

I'm thinking Flashpoint should last only one or two episodes. As a matter of fact I feel as thought s3 of the Flash should get a one or two episode head start before the rest of the shows start.

CryptiK

Best way to do it would be a multi show cross over that starts before the next seasons. So that way the new universe would be in effect when the show starts this could bring Supergirl etc into Earth-1.

They could do great things with this that could actually make Arrow bearable to watch.

But you know what will happen? Everything will be the same and everyone will act like Superman and Supergirl have been their the whole time and nothing will change.

Xemnas89

So I'm not going to think about it much but couldn't zoom have created a time remnant and then race himself to activate the weapon?

Apt101

Ah Barry, why ya playing yourself?

So I'm not going to think about it much but couldn't zoom have created a time remnant and then race himself to activate the weapon?

Yes but he's a maniac. It wasn't just about powering the weapon, but also torturing Barry.

Permanently A

Yeah.

The whole time remnant thing is kind of opening a can of worms that I don't think was a great idea. I mean every fight Barry has in the future I'll just be thinking "why don't you just grab a couple of time remnants and whoop ass?"

ZeroX03

Banned
The whole time remnant thing is kind of opening a can of worms that I don't think was a great idea. I mean every fight Barry has in the future I'll just be thinking "why don't you just grab a couple of time remnants and whoop ass?"

He did say he can't do it constantly and it draws time wraiths out of the speed force.

Yeah.

Because then you have to kill yourself.

Edit: or Barry then uses the particle accellerator prison to store all of his copies!

Xemnas89

Seems like the more time remnants you create the more likely time wraiths are to show up. Pretty good reason not to use them all the time I'd say.

Yeah that's true but Barry probably just upset a whole lot of time wraiths at the end of the episode.

On a different note I wish they could've fit more Tony Todd into the finale. Just have the final fight last a bit longer with one or two quick conversation breaks. At least whenever he comes back as the black flash we should get plenty of tony todd. His voice fits death so well.

If they really want to, I can see them stretching it out until the break again or until mid-season. What I really want is for them to have, at most, 2-3 episodes. We've already embraced the craziness and shenanigans of speed force and time force so those will definitely hasten things up. It'll just depend if they can make it coherent and somewhat logical near the end of the season and how Barry will explain things to the rest of the DCCW-verse.

I also agree with another user who brought up a separate show to involve everybody during the break. That should involve Flashpoint and/or Crisis. Barry tries to correct his mistakes and merges the multiple Earths or something along those lines. Should they all be on the same Earth? I honestly don't know.

strafer

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES BARRY, FINALLY, SAVE YOUR FUCKING MOM.

What you should have done from the very beginning.

Mariolee

Yeah.

In addition to the Speed Wraiths comment, it's kinda like flipping a coin. One of you is going to die most likely, while the other lives. You never know which one of you dies and which one lives. In this episode, Barry legitimately just died in front of our eyes, and I thought that was heartbreaking and really weird that they glossed over that for the most part outside of a mention. I feel like that would be way more traumatizing.

I loved this episode, I thought it wasn't nearly as good as S1's finale but it brought everything to a more or less satisfactory end. The quiet Flashpoint ending was incredible. I cannot believe they went there after subverting it last season. Excited to see what they do next.

Permanently A

In addition to the Speed Wraiths comment, it's kinda like flipping a coin. One of you is going to die most likely, while the other lives. You never know which one of you dies and which one lives. In this episode, Barry legitimately just died in front of our eyes, and I thought that was heartbreaking and really weird that they glossed over that for the most part outside of a mention. I feel like that would be way more traumatizing.

I loved this episode, I thought it wasn't nearly as good as S1's finale but it brought everything to a more or less satisfactory end. The quiet Flashpoint ending was incredible. I cannot believe they went there after subverting it last season. Excited to see what they do next.

Do time remnants have to die? Zoom very specifically says he convinced one of his remnants to take the fall for him. Why can't a bunch of time remnants just chill together?

Joni

Zero spoiled me :'(

Amazing finale until the last 10 minutes. First CW season finale this year that disappoints. I would have loved if they had extended the fight and if the multiverse colliding did go through, not because of what Barry did but just because the machine really couldn't be stopped.

So I just caught up on the last three episodes.

Quick Thoughts:

Please keep Black Siren. She's awesome. And hotter than Laurel for some reason.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, BARRY, WHY ARE YOU FUCKING TIME AGAIN

Henry :(

Jay reveal was pretty good. That's obviously gonna come into play next season. Daddy Flash will be Barry's new father figure.

Zoom fizzled out a bit. I like how deranged he was, but I wish they'd seeded more evidence of his ultimate plan earlier. Teddy Sears' performance was better than the writing, but I suppose now we have Black Death Flash.

Harry, don't go! Come back!

Anytime Barry cries, I get feels, even when he's being stupid. Goddammit, Gustin.

And Goddammit, you decided to fuck time instead of Iris? You keep making poor choices.

Trojan X

Banned
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES BARRY, FINALLY, SAVE YOUR FUCKING MOM.

What you should have done from the very beginning.

Welcome to the end of the world............. When it comes to time-travel and paradoxes, some changes are allowed to happen but in other cases it should never happen for the consequences would be absolutely dire. We'll see the madness Barry created in the next season or you can check out the skeleton frame-work of what will happen in the comic. At least Barry just removed one of the paradoxes himself and Reverse Flash created but now, expect things to be absolutely nuts for what Barry would have to do next will break him to despair.

Ok. Here is my feedback from watching this last episode of the Flash...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dead2.gif

Absolute insanity!!! Best show EVER. I can't breath... I can't breath...

Going to watch it again. My gosh.

Joni

So I just caught up on the last three episodes.

Quick Thoughts:

Please keep Black Siren. She's awesome. And hotter than Laurel for some reason.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, BARRY, WHY ARE YOU FUCKING TIME AGAIN

Henry :(

Jay reveal was pretty good. That's obviously gonna come into play next season. Daddy Flash will be Barry's new father figure.

Zoom fizzled out a bit. I like how deranged he was, but I wish they'd seeded more evidence of his ultimate plan earlier. Teddy Sears' performance was better than the writing, but I suppose now we have Black Death Flash.

Harry, don't go! Come back!

Anytime Barry cries, I get feels, even when he's being stupid. Goddammit, Gustin.

And Goddammit, you decided to fuck time instead of Iris? You keep making poor choices.

I can't believe they would lose Harry or Jesse, not before she shows powers.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm not seeing any news on Cavanagh's status so I'm assuming some kind of Wells is sticking around.

Only cast change I see happening is Wentworth Miller being added (I'm not sure if he'll be listed as a regular or special guest star).

Jesse should stay recurring. Or just gone.

Xemnas89

Do time remnants have to die? Zoom very specifically says he convinced one of his remnants to take the fall for him. Why can't a bunch of time remnants just chill together?

I'm sure there must be something to it. Zoom said you just have to be willing to kill yourself so I'm guessing you shouldn't keep a time remnant around for too long.

Edit: Wait a second isn't there a zoom corpse just laying in a random alley somewhere or do we just assume barry disposed of it?

ZeroX03

Banned
https://twitter.com/JohnWesleyShipp/status/735326640541143041

Looks like we may be getting some kind of news tomorrow.

He could just be saying he'll talk to fans more in the morning.

Or they're waiting until Arrow concludes before making any big Arrowverse news.

I assume he has signed on as a regular.

Not sure about that. He did mention he's expected to be a substantial part of S3 and possibly on Legends, didn't sound like regular though. Especially as Wentworth and Ciara on Legends were announced practically immediately after their episodes aired.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jesse & Wally is happening. The ship is setting sail now. #TeamJally

It's super weird that Barry's grief from watching his father die made him decide to go back in time and save his mother. You would think that he would just go back a few days and save Henry.

Jesse & Wally is happening. The ship is setting sail now. #TeamJally

It's super weird that Barry's grief from watching his father die made him decide to go back in time and save his mother. You would think that he would just go back a few days and save Henry.
No half measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom