• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

That ending. I can't even IMAGINE the repercussions of this in the present day. I'm surprised his older self didn't come back and go "Look what you did."
Anyone talking about this yet?

3cDVfwi.png

856810-blackflash1.jpg
Yeah, marked out at that part.

"You work for us, now, bitch."

ZeroX03

Banned
Really don't see Flashpoint lasting. I do expect a Reverse Flash appearances each season, but they'd have to be bonkers not to bring in a non-speedster villain and come back to the status quo a bit. Or Barry rescuing his mother just causes Crisis and we merge all the Earths because speed force?

GulAtiCa

Curious on how this will/might affect Arrow & Legends. I will prob guess all non Earth-1s (so, Supergirl, Earth 2 with Wells & Jessie, Earth 3 with older dad Flash) will not be affected. That will prob come into a plot point, as Wells comes back.

Be kinda cool if the season 2 Legends occurs (essentially much earlier) because of what Barry did.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well that was a fucking disaster.

The one good scene was the conversation on the porch (the 2nd one) between Barry and Iris. It had a somber feeling, where beating Zoom doesn't magically make Barry feel better. They won, and went to watching TV but he had still lost so much. I thought it was a great scene....until they pulled that bullshit with Barry saying he couldn't be with Iris because he needs "peace." Come the fuck on. They're really going to stretch this. Them coming together was already pretty contrived, but trying to extend that drama is so lame.

And Barry saving his mom. Okay...I could get down with that. I love Flashpoint. Except we literally had an entire fucking episode devoted to Barry supposedly getting past that and not letting it weigh him down.

The characters aren't acting like human beings, they're doing things because the plot has to go in that direction. Like nobody being afraid that Zoom might come back after he killed Henry. They literally watched Zoom snatch another person, but nobody even made mention of looking for safety, taking precautions. They're alive because Zoom had some convoluted plan that didn't involve killing them, not because they tried to survive. That's why Barry and Iris sitting on the porch the first time is so silly.

The idea of doing Flashpoint concerns me because that's moving towards another speedster villain. They dont have to make it a speedster, but I honey don't know you adapt it without having someone who can freely travel through time. And there is no way Wells is gone for good, so they'll have to find a way to have him there.

Toki767

So if it's flashpoint paradox season 3 will begin like this:

Barry wakes up in his childhood home (or CCPD) and wonders if what he did was just a dream. Everything seems normal until he sees people who were dead, now alive, like his parents, Eddie, etc.

Barry remembers saving his mom, but the Flash probably never existed, so he's also powerless. He doesn't care because his family and friends are alive.

With the butterfly effect in play, the Earth will be in danger/already in danger/or just a living hell. Barry's old memories will start to fade as the new ones he created are starting to take over.

He's probably married to either Iris, Patty, Linda (damn, Barry, you dog, you!) or someone else. Doesn't have the father son bond with Joe.

He'll meet a murderous Green arrow, a taunting Reverse Flash screaming "I told you so". Barry will try to recreate the accident that gave him his powers, again. Probably fail, almost die, try again. His mom will tell him to not save her. He cries, we cry.

Oliver shoots an arrow through the reverse flash's head while he's talking shit to Barry. Barry returns home, where he originally left.

Orrrr it could go somewhere completely different lol

Supergirl has to somehow slip into the arrowverse.

What if Supergirl was taken in by Cadmus and Martian Manhunter was killed lol

Xemnas89

Yeah they even changed his lightning symbol to red, no question what they set up there.

Todd was scarier than Sears ever was.

I liked Sears but I agree Todd was much scarier. Unfortunately I think Zoom would've been slightly diminished no matter who was under the mask. There's a reason most horror movies with masked killers don't do the reveal till the end and it's because they're never as interesting when you know who they are.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I can totally see the first few eps of season 3 being set in the summer time or right after this season ends so it doesn't conflict with Arrow season 5. They'll wrap up the flashpoint stuff in like 4-5 eps and then time skip to line up with Arrow and Legends. Since we know Barry will fix the paradox, the Time Masters in Legends wouldn't even bring it up since it corrects itself. It'll still be a way to get Supergirl in the CW-verse for sure though. Dunno how, but it'll be the excuse.

jaybeeze

Maybe we still get Bruce Wayne's father as Batman...They said we wouldnt get Bruce Wayne, never said anything about his dad...

One can dream, lol.

We're getting Robert Queen as Arrow. Fuck yo that was dope. Truly amazing that in our time we're getting Flashpoint for real. What a treat.

DC fucked up with these movies man. You have this amazing TV show and completely waste it.

mreddie

Season was a mixed bag. it fell to its own hype. Wasn't a fan with another evil speedster taking a chunk of the show.

Finale is good but no way this will bite Barry in the ass. Maybe an excuse to tie in to Supergirl, but with Arrow. Who fucking knows.

aly

Well that was something. Barry is a giant idiot though. There's going to be 20 of him going back and trying to stop himself from messing up the timeline with Nora's death.

So I finally got around to seeing the episode after my dvr for some reason failed to record it. Man that season finally was nice. The whole time remnant thing was wtf but I liked how Barry threw it right back at Zoom. Also I was against the idea of Flashpoint at the end of season 1 because of how they would handle Arrow going on at the same time but I think they're clearly doing this to merge Supergirl into the Arrowverse like i clearly believe they had something else lined up but decided to go with this kinda last minute when it was announced that Supergirl was moving to CW(Maybe they knew about the move way before it was announced).

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
A part of me wonders if they re-shot the ending scene so that him going back and changing things, then flashpoint happening, causes Supergirl to 'occur' on Earth 1? It also gives them a chance to redo or reboot any screw ups that fans have complained about on Arrow.

A part of me wonders if they re-shot the ending scene so that him going back and changing things, then flashpoint happening, causes Supergirl to 'occur' on Earth 1? It also gives them a chance to redo or reboot any screw ups that fans have complained about on Arrow.

I really really hope they don't bring Laurel back. I hate cop outs like that.

A shit sandwich with cheese is still a shit sandwich.
Fuck that noise S4 of Arrow has been really good. Especially the last few episodes

Yea I wasn't seeing things then when Zoom was being attacked by the time wraiths. I think they tried to sneakily put in the red bolts but I think we or most of us caught it lol.

I also think Robert will be Arrow. If they're doing things correctly in their verse and trying to stick to some things from the comics and the movie, it's the most obvious.

The whole season has been fun. It has it's ups and downs but what mattered to me was how fun the whole season has been. Stupid fun. Is it better than S1? Eh, no. It definitely made things better that I was watching most of S2 live with y'all and that definitely made S2 more tolerable when it came to the lows.

Yea I wasn't seeing things then when Zoom was being attacked by the time wraiths. I think they tried to sneakily put in the red bolts but I think we or most of us caught it lol.

I also think Robert will be Arrow. If they're doing things correctly in their verse and trying to stick to some things from the comics and the movie, it's the most obvious.

The whole season has been fun. It has it's ups and downs but what mattered to me was how fun the whole season has been. Stupid fun. Is it better than S1? Eh, no. It definitely made things better that I was watching most of S2 live with y'all and that definitely made S2 more tolerable when it came to the lows.

I'm just waiting on awkward Kara whose been locked away since her pod arrived on Earth.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I really really hope they don't bring Laurel back. I hate cop outs like that.

I think they will. The Flash's time travel gives them tons of opportunities to change anything they want, especially considering how connected the shows are. They just have to hope that fans who only watch Arrow or Legends won't be lost when Flash reboots everything. Actually, the fact that he is going to reboot everything brings me to believe that Flashpoint will only be lasting 1-2 epiodes and S3 will air 2 weeks before Arrow, Legends, and Supergirl.

They can bring back dead characters, remove characters from the main roster of any show, reveal future characters, kickstart new shows(Supergirl, Vixen), and more

Funny enough, Legends should be causing more changes like this than The Flash.

i really doubt the ending is going to affect arrow tomorrow

I don't think it will affect anything until next season. The shows were misaligned when the delays happened. That's why Barry had his powers/speedforce back on Arrow earlier than he did on The Flash.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

The Supergirl thing was really last minute. CBS wasn't going to renew it, but CW was. I think Flash would have ended the same way no matter what.

My best guess would be that the other shows won't acknowledge it. The whole thing with Flashpoint is Barry comes into a world that is suddenly different from the one he knew. The other shows aren't going to play around with it because all their storylines would be in service to The Flash, and then get invalidated once things are fixed. I could see something where Barry comes back to the present, the world is different on The Flash, and then everything collides in the crossover. But I bet the other shows just chug along with whatever they're doing now.

Also, as connected as these shows are...they really aren't going to do a plot that requires someone to be watching the other show. Even the crossovers can basically be watched alone, without having seen the other show. Barry resetting the world and then everything in the Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow premieres being different because of something on The Flash just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Ashhong

My only problem with them doing Flashpoint is that it likely won't have the same scale as the comics or the movie. I was looking forward to DCEU version of it on the big screen. Hope they still get to that point even if Arrowverse does it first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom