• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
And to think that Smallville got to use pretty much everyone. *sigh*

Xemnas89

So would people be more ok with the zoom storyline if he was called the rival instead? From what I've read it seems the Zoom from the show has more in common with the rival but with the zoom name instead.

Joni

So would people be more ok with the zoom storyline if he was called the rival instead? From what I've read it seems the Zoom from the show has more in common with the rival but with the zoom name instead.
It would still have the fake Jay problem. He is awesome when he is dressed as Zoom. His birth is also good. It is the reveal that killed it.

Xemnas89

It would still have the fake Jay problem. He is awesome when he is dressed as Zoom. His birth is also good. It is the reveal that killed it.

So is the problem that they did another fake out like last season or that they did it with an iconic character like Jay? Having never really read any Flash comics I wasn't at all bothered by it.

Joni

So is the problem that they did another fake out like last season or that they did it with an iconic character like Jay? Having never really read any Flash comics I wasn't at all bothered by it.
It is a worse version of it, it requires Jay to be like a mentor despite not doing anything, it makes Barry seem stupid, it relies on nobody recognizing a famous serial Killer, the time remnant stuff doesn't make sense, Caitlin is an idiot as she didn't find any speedforce in him,...

Just caught up...

The last two episodes were really stupid... Like an insane drop in quality from the first half of the season. i might just quit the show after that..

Xemnas89

It is a worse version of it, it requires Jay to be like a mentor despite not doing anything, it makes Barry seem stupid, it relies on nobody recognizing a famous serial Killer, the time remnant stuff doesn't make sense, Caitlin is an idiot as she didn't find any speedforce in him,...

Well when you put it that way it does seem a bit sloppy. Some of that stuff I can wave off but the time remnant thing and him somehow not showing signs of the speedforce is a bit hard to swallow. Feel like it could've worked better if they just said his Earth-1 doppelganger helped him out at points.

Just caught up...

The last two episodes were really stupid... Like an insane drop in quality from the first half of the season. i might just quit the show after that..

The episode where he went back in time was great except for barry being stupid. Outside of that the quality of that episode was high. For me personally the zoom episode was also really good till the last 5 minutes or so where they dropped the ball. Still not really close to a huge drop in quality.

Joni

Should have gone for Masked Prisoner being the original Jay, with 'Jay' and Zoom being results of Velocity-9 abuse. One the goodness in Jay, the other being the pure evil monster. When Jay is killed, he just dissolves in speedforce leaving everyone amazed. They only find out when the masked guy is found to be Jay. He then spends next season training Wally to atone for his mistakes.

Well when you put it that way it does seem a bit sloppy. Some of that stuff I can wave off but the time remnant thing and him somehow not showing signs of the speedforce is a bit hard to swallow. Feel like it could've worked better if they just said his Earth-1 doppelganger helped him out at points.
Honestly, I can't stop thinking the Zoom reveal was simply not written until after the winter break.

Xemnas89

Should have gone for Masked Prisoner being the original Jay, with 'Jay' and Zoom being results of Velocity-9 abuse. One the goodness in Jay, the other being the pure evil monster. When Jay is killed, he just dissolves in speedforce leaving everyone amazed. They only find out when the masked guy is found to be Jay. He then spends next season training Wally to atone for his mistakes.

Honestly, I can't stop thinking the Zoom reveal was simply not written until after the winter break.

They were filming episode 14 when they went on winter break so I'd like to think they had it written by then. Maybe they were high on V-9 when they wrote it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just caught up...

Quit after two bad episodes? What.

I implore you, never begin watching Arrow. You'll last twenty minutes.

Time wraith? Was thinking he might have been possessed or some weird thing idk. Gave up on it. :p Then I thought maybe something Darkseid related.

That's it. They were speed leeches right? And Zoom is all about stealing speed to and it's not like he needs it to go forward in time or anything, at least not that we know of.

Maybe he's the time wraith that was sucking off Barry and we're seeing a past version of Zoom trying to stop that from happening?

The second episode of Chronicles of Crisco came out today. Watched it, enjoyed it. Didn't expect the ending lol. You're right Crisco, security definitely needs to be fixed hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom