• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Man in mask tapped out J-A-Y.

I think he is the real Jay. That is all.

Yep, this is the real answer probably.

My guess is that the first Jay that Zoom traveled back to get on his side didn't agree with him, so Zoom locked up that Jay Garrick so he wouldn't cause any trouble. The Jay that did side with Zoom is probably a different one.

KonradLaw

Man in mask tapped out J-A-Y.

I think he is the real Jay. That is all.

I would like to point out that we still haven't seen Earth's 2 Felicity yet. What if that universe's version was named Jaylyn Garrick at birth? It all fits together. Like a poem.

Oregano

I would like to point out that we still haven't seen Earth's 2 Felicity yet. What if that universe's version was named Jaylyn Garrick at birth? It all fits together. Like a poem.

Yeah but Felicity would have hacked the speedforce and zapped Zoom with a lamp.

KonradLaw

Yeah but Felicity would have hacked the speedforce and zapped Zoom with a lamp.

She only gets those superpowers because she's in love with Oliver. The one on Earth 2's isn't. Don't you get it? THis is the core theme of Arrowverse, that the power of love drama is what makes the world go around. It's stronger than speedforce, stronger than magic, stronger than a need for good plotting. It conquers all.

Sephzilla

She fabbed a quantum chip in her spare time thats able to quantify and control the speed force. It is compatible with her spine chip, unlocking amazing speed powers.

Felocity is born.

tumblr_nmg328ivpR1qzoxj9o1_500.gif

Oregano

She only gets those superpowers because she's in love with Oliver. The one on Earth 2's isn't. Don't you get it? THis is the core theme of Arrowverse, that the power of love drama is what makes the world go around. It's stronger than speedforce, stronger than magic, stronger than a need for good plotting. It conquers all.

Nah, her love of Oliver is more like a Tachyon infusion. She's still a strong and powerful woman without it.

tim1138

The mystery character in the Legends finale is going to be White Lantern Felicity, because only someone that unique could master the entire emotional spectrum.

At this point, I hope they are not banking the finale on the identity of the man in the iron mask. I doubt it will surprise me at this point with their cavalier attitude towards time travel.

Kyoufu

At this point, I hope they are not banking the finale on the identity of the man in the iron mask. I doubt it will surprise me at this point with their cavalier attitude towards time travel.

HEY GUYS BIG REVEAL COMING TONIGHT YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO GUESS WHO THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK IS - EXPECT MEGATON REACTIONS ALL OVER YOUTUBE!

*drum rolls*

IT'S MOTHERFUCKING JAY GARRICK!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE SURPRISED?!?!?!

Xemnas89

HEY GUYS BIG REVEAL COMING TONIGHT YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO GUESS WHO THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK IS - EXPECT MEGATON REACTIONS ALL OVER YOUTUBE!

*drum rolls*

IT'S MOTHERFUCKING JAY GARRICK!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE SURPRISED?!?!?!

Absolutely it's Jay Garrick. I hope everyone is ready for more Jay reveals because I feel like people will be disappointed if they expect anything else.

The fact that they are keeping the reveal back that long remains disappointing. So, how big is the chance that it is John Wesley Shipp Flash and it matched the Teddy mole because they didn't want to pay him just for that? A guy can hope.

I wouldn't be surprised. It would definitely fit in with what was described earlier. To make a big impact. An older Jay Garrick, an older Flash. Will be the speedster mentor and father figure.

I wouldn't be surprised. It would definitely fit in with what was described earlier. To make a big impact. An older Jay Garrick, an older Flash. Will be the speedster mentor and father figure.

Jay Garrick came from Earth 3, where he lost his speed to Zoom. He was then thrown through a breach, and landed on Earth 1 in the mid eighties. He changed his name to Henry Allen and established a new life, until Zoom recaptured him before setting his sights on his son, Barry.

I remember when I considered Patty as Zoom for a good moment or two during her first episode. Good times. Would take that reveal honestly over what we got.

Xemnas89

I remember when I considered Patty as Zoom for a good moment or two during her first episode. Good times. Would take that reveal honestly over what we got.

I was convinced it was Earth-2 Henry up till episode 11 then I started shifting to Jay. I felt like it would have explained why Henry left. You have Zoom force henry to leave then he takes him and locks him up on earth-2. Then when we have henry pop up it's actually Zoom and we just don't know it.

It also would've been kind of funny if zoom was the flash from the old cbs show. Maybe he's mad because the new show is more successful so he tries to take out the current flash to prove that he's truly the fastest man alive.

I was convinced it was Earth-2 Henry up till episode 11 then I started shifting to Jay. I felt like it would have explained why Henry left. You have Zoom force henry to leave then he takes him and locks him up on earth-2. Then when we have henry pop up it's actually Zoom and we just don't know it.

It also would've been kind of funny if zoom was the flash from the old cbs show. Maybe he's mad because the new show is more successful so he tries to take out the current flash to prove that he's truly the fastest man alive.
Yeah Henry's abrupt departure from the show made me think there had to be something fishy about it. But nope, it just seems like the show didn't want to keep making excuses for why the character wasn't around in most episodes if he was stuck in recurring status.

Jay Garrick came from Earth 3, where he lost his speed to Zoom. He was then thrown through a breach, and landed on Earth 1 in the mid eighties. He changed his name to Henry Allen and established a new life, until Zoom recaptured him before setting his sights on his son, Barry.

I had a theory that the Earth-2 we know isn't actually Earth-2 but Earth-3. The Earth that houses villains instead of heroes. That would at least make things more understandable lol and make more comic book sense.

ZeroX03

Banned
Barry's permanently slow in tonight's new episode! He totally won't get it back.

#2.19 "Back to Normal"
Episode Promo
WELLS IS ATTACKED BY DC COMICS’ CHARACTER GRIFFIN GREY – A meta-human with super strength named Griffin Grey (guest star Haig Sutherland) mistakes Harry (Tom Cavanagh) for Earth-1 Harrison Wells and kidnaps him, demanding that Wells cure him from his current condition. Realizing another brilliant Wells could help track Griffin’s location, Barry asks Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) to help, but hopefully not with anything that requires acting talent. Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) corners Joe (Jesse L. Martin) about The Flash. John Showalter directed the episode written by Brooke Roberts & Katherine Walczak (#219). Original airdate 4/26/2016.

fla219b_0131b.jpg

What if masked man is Henry, Barry's real dad.

So much of the story in s1 revolved around him and now that he's set free, the guy literally disappears.

What if masked man is Henry, Barry's real dad.

So much of the story in s1 revolved around him and now that he's set free, the guy literally disappears. What if zoom threatened to kill Barry if he didn't leave. I always thought his exit was weird.

Joni

#2.19 "Back to Normal"
Wells spends weeks searching Jesse, but they find her the minute they need her. Joe must have been hiding her.

It could be what 'Jay' should have been. But it has to be a slower Flash, so that he can't just do everything better than Barry.

Would be nice.

- J - D -

Can't be worse than Jay being Zoom.

I think it can be.

Also, I don't like the idea of Barry's dad coincidentally being a speedster. Or if it's not a coincidence and he had some part in Barry gaining powers. That's actually worse.

The moment Barry's lab accident stops being an accident (even with the Eobard link), the show will have lost me.

That's some Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Richard Parker "Untold Story" shit. No thanks.

Joni

Well at least Jay wasn't actually Jay at all.

That was indeed part of the problem.

I think it can be.

Also, I don't like the idea of Barry's dad coincidentally being a speedster. Or if it's not a coincidence and he had some part in Barry gaining powers. That's actually worse.

The moment Barry's lab accident stops being an accident (even with the Eobard link), the show will have lost me.

That's some Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Richard Parker "Untold Story" shit. No thanks.

It wouldn't be the first time two speedsters are family though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom