• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think it can be.

Also, I don't like the idea of Barry's dad coincidentally being a speedster. Or if it's not a coincidence and he had some part in Barry gaining powers. That's actually worse.

The moment Barry's lab accident stops being an accident (even with the Eobard link), the show will have lost me.

That's some Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Richard Parker "Untold Story" shit. No thanks.

How is Barry's dad coincidentally being The Flash a coincidence? We already know he was The Flash in another universe, the 1990 show is canon now.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I think it can be.

Also, I don't like the idea of Barry's dad coincidentally being a speedster. Or if it's not a coincidence and he had some part in Barry gaining powers. That's actually worse.

The moment Barry's lab accident stops being an accident (even with the Eobard link), the show will have lost me.

That's some Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Richard Parker "Untold Story" shit. No thanks.

In this case it's different though given the actor played The Flash in a different show that, I believe, is canon to this one. So within the multiverse there is already someone who looks exactly like Henry Allen who has super speed. Not a huge stretch to think there's another version of that character born Henry Allen who was orphaned and adopted by the Garrick's and given the name Jay.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you aren't prepared for where the show has been hinting it's going, (
where by the end we'll probably have Barry going back in time and becoming the bolt of lightning that gives himself powers
), then you should probably start evacuating people for your meltdown now.

He'll get em back by the end of the episode. He needs them to go visit Ollie. (The first episode of arrow showed barry visiting ollie at the funeral) So he needs em back by the end of the episode in order to show up at the funeral on Wed.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
He'll get em back by the end of the episode. He needs them to go visit Ollie. (The first episode of arrow showed barry visiting ollie at the funeral) So he needs em back by the end of the episode in order to show up at the funeral on Wed.

Watch it be a time traveling Barry correcting all the wrongs and Ls from the last season.

Culminating in him traveling to Earth 2, traveling back in time, and stopping Zoom's Father like some Reverse-Reverse-Flash.

Joni

Or it might have happened before the previous episode, so that he hasn't lost his speed yet.

- J - D -

It wouldn't be the first time two speedsters are family though.

My Flash comic knowledge is fairly limited. Are you talking about Bart Allen or Wally? That fine with me because they don't precede Barry.

How is Barry's dad coincidentally being The Flash a coincidence? We already know he was The Flash in another universe, the 1990 show is canon now.

Do we know that the 90's Flash is our Barry's dad? We don't, right?

In this case it's different though given the actor played The Flash in a different show that, I believe, is canon to this one. So within the multiverse there is already someone who looks exactly like Henry Allen who has super speed. Not a huge stretch to think there's another version of that character born Henry Allen who was orphaned and adopted by the Garrick's and given the name Jay.

Again, not Earth 1 Barry's dad (that we know of). If there's a speedster who looks like Henry in some other universe, I'm okay with that. I just don't want Earth 1 Henry Allen to be a speedster.

If you aren't prepared for where the show has been hinting it's going, (
where by the end we'll probably have Barry going back in time and becoming the bolt of lightning that gives himself powers
), then you should probably start evacuating people for your meltdown now.

Yeah, I was thinking about that for a while now. The meltdowns will be glorious I tells ya!

DeathyBoy

Banned
My Flash comic knowledge is fairly limited. Are you talking about Bart Allen or Wally? That fine with me because they don't precede Barry.

Do we know that the 90's Flash is our Barry's dad? We don't, right?

Again, not Earth 1 Barry's dad (that we know of). If there's a speedster who looks like Henry in some other universe, I'm okay with that.

My point is that we know nothing of Henry's backstory. And he conveniently leaves just as the Jay Garrick/Zoom stuff starts to go 'fishing.' He shows up what, once after that, before they get into the 'who's Zoom holding hostage' story.

- J - D -

My point is that we know nothing of Henry's backstory. And he conveniently leaves just as the Jay Garrick/Zoom stuff starts to go 'fishing.' He shows up what, once after that, before they get into the 'who's Zoom holding hostage' story.

Oh I agree that Henry just abruptly leaving and not having much presence in S2 is suspicious. He could be the man in the iron mask. He could be one of many possibilities.

I'm just saying that I don't want him to be a speedster, currently or at some point in the past. It just sounds like a labrynthine mess to try to contrive that existence into the Flash universe so far if he were.

Joni

Yeah, but from what I understand, Jay has no blood connection to Barry in most or maybe all renditions of the Flash story.

It would be new, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

Well we know he's late to the funeral because he was dealing with Zoom so it couldn't have happened before the previous episode.

The problem is that that could mean a lot of things. It could have been preparation work for their plans to make him faster.

Xemnas89

It would be new, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

The problem is that that could mean a lot of things. It could have been preparation work for their plans to make him faster.

Or it could mean that he was dealing with the fact that Zoom stole his speed but as soon as he got it back he ran to star city. Whatever the case may be I feel confident the funeral happened after the previous episode of the flash because if not for the break versus zoom would've aired before the last episode of arrow.

TheOddOne

Barry's permanently slow in tonight's new episode! He totally won't get it back.
shrug2nrgm.gif

Zoom's face is just a series of masks, first layer is the suit, second is "Jay"/Hunter third is someone else, so on and so on. Until there's nothing left.

Joni

Or it could mean that he was dealing with the fact that Zoom stole his speed but as soon as he got it back he ran to star city. Whatever the case may be I feel confident the funeral happened after the previous episode of the flash because if not for the break versus zoom would've aired before the last episode of arrow.

Even if aired before, the cross-over last year didn't make sense either if looking strictly at airdates and episode numbers. Oliver showing up to battle the Reverse Flash happened a bit out of stream with what Arrow was airing. The same might happen here. We also don't know when they held the funeral. It could be a flashback in the episode to a couple of weeks ago.

Xemnas89

Even if aired before, the cross-over last year didn't make sense either if looking strictly at airdates and episode numbers. Oliver showing up to battle the Reverse Flash happened a bit out of stream with what Arrow was airing. The same might happen here. We also don't know when they held the funeral. It could be a flashback in the episode to a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe your right but for now I'm sticking with the funeral happening after the Versus Zoom episode. Even if it doesn't though I'd still bet he gets his speed back in either this episode or next weeks.

I think tonights episode will have Barry just doing things without his speed. Then as the episode is about to end, Barry and co. figure out a way to get Barry his speed back.

Joni

Maybe your right but for now I'm sticking with the funeral happening after the Versus Zoom episode. Even if it doesn't though I'd still bet he gets his speed back in either this episode or next weeks.

Of course. It could make for some awful television if he doesn't get his powers back tonight.

KonradLaw

I always hated those kinds of episodes. Heroes loosing powers is no fun. I was happy that this happened early in S1, because I thought the show would be done with it. But nope. Here we are again, merely in the next season.

When they decided to make S2 a clone of S1 they should have at least copied only the good parts. :(

I always hated those kinds of episodes. Heroes loosing powers is no fun. I was happy that this happened early in S1, because I thought the show would be done with it. But nope. Here we are again, merely in the next season.

When they decided to make S2 a clone of S1 they should have at least copied only the good parts. :(

I know the pain. I had to endure Peter Petrelli losing his powers and then got heavily nerfed. Freakin' Heroes ;_;

Heroes sucked because it was a reset button for Sylar and Peter like all the time.

Sylar at least retained some of his powers and then some near the end. Peter then got reduced to have one power when he touches another person with powers. He doesn't even get the best use out of those powers, just the basic uses of those powers.

Hopefully they don't go that route for every season for The Flash.

My only guess is that Barry having lost his speed means that
Jesse will be revealed to have super-speed herself which might be why she left town and will use Trajectory's costume to save her father. I do feel like the show made a little bit of a big deal over the costume being kept at STAR Labs so she could end up using it.

Joni

Now that there are no more breaks for both shows they are aligned in time again as well. Its how things worked last year

May 06th, 2015: Oliver betrays Felicity and friends, tosses Omega in the cage.
May 12th, 2015: Oliver assists Barry in the Reverse Flash fight.
May 13th, 2015: Barry saves a locked-up Felicity, Diggle and company.

Magwik

Banned
My only guess is that Barry having lost his speed means that
Jesse will be revealed to have super-speed herself which might be why she left town and will use Trajectory's costume to save her father. I do feel like the show made a little bit of a big deal over the costume being kept at STAR Labs so she could end up using it.
Or its just a really messed up memento to make sure Barry never takes velocity

ZeroX03

Banned
Blake Neely dominated my top played artist and albums on Spotify last year. Too bad all 4 shows are rather lackluster this year.

Dat Legends of Tomorrow theme
Dat Supergirl theme
Dat... Jay... Garrick... theme...

At least the soundtracks will be good to listen to.

The villains had themes on this show?

Are you serious? The Reverse Flash's theme is fantastic. Weather Wizard too. Zoom's also got his sound effects this year. Arrow has even more, China White of all villains has her own theme.

AlStrong

Maybe Zoom is one of those time thingies? I forget what they were called, but maybe that's why he needs speeds? To keep the darkness at bay?

Time wraith? Was thinking he might have been possessed or some weird thing idk. Gave up on it. :p Then I thought maybe something Darkseid related.

I think the dude in the Mask is Earth 2 Henry Allen, who uses Jay Garrick as a pseudonym.

Patty needs to be Barry's twin sister on E2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom