• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Wait a minute what the fuck! You jerks told me this was the finale! It's not and now I'm happy as fuck! Lesssgo!

I was judging this ep thinking it was the finale and was kinda disappointed
Edit: it was my fault for thinking this was the finale -_-

Every episode of Flash is like a season finale of any other show.

Effect

Damn. Central City looks like it's about to be burned to the ground.

That was a LOT of metas too.

That was a really well done episode. Amazing!

ZeroX03

Banned
Kev Smith will be directing in season three.

#2.22 "Invincible" Promo
KATIE CASSIDY GUEST STARS AS BLACK SIREN – After Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) unleashes an army of Earth-2 meta-humans on Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) is shaken when he sees their leader is the Black Canary’s Earth-2 doppelganger, the Black Siren (guest star Katie Cassidy). Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) takes to the streets to help The Flash stop the meta-humans, which worries Joe (Jesse L. Martin). Iris (Candice Patton) and Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipp) are concerned about Barry taking on Zoom.

Awesome that he's going to be back next season.

Next week also looks promising. Pleasantly surprised how accurate the leak was about tonights end and next weeks episode.

Onto Containment.

ZeroX03

Banned
Good episode, I don't think I love it quite as much as other people do. Mostly because tonally it was a bit over the place. Cisco was kind of a one-note quipper, then we cut to a serious scene of Barry. Odd. It's Zack Stentz writing, and he's not a staff writer so that may explain it.

And Iris and Barry's relationship. The chemistry isn't there. I can't buy it. I don't think it's a brother/sister vibe, it's just a really close friends with no sexual chemistry vibe. Now if Vibe wants to get with Iris, that would be funny, she'd wear the pants in that relationship.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone have screen grabs of all those metas?

vlcsnap-2016-05-11-13xbj9n.png

So are there any chances that
Black Siren continues into the finale? Seems strange to have her appear in the second to last episode and then peace out. Unless she gets killed off which I hope doesn't happen.

ZeroX03

Banned
Black Siren continues into the finale? Seems strange to have her appear in the second to last episode and then peace out. Unless she gets killed off which I hope doesn't happen.

Because Earth Two lives have mattered up until this point, you know what's gonna happen.

I wonder where they all came from? Some from Earth-1 and the rest from Earth-2 probably. Like usual, they never come out or are shown until pivotal moments in the tv show.

IIRC, one of the producers definitely mentioned that her possibly meeting Oliver at some point is definitely on the table, so I'm assuming that she lives so that the possibility stays open.

Dude in the background wearing the suit and fedora probably just has a bad case of blurry face but I'm counting it as somehow metahuman the Question confirmed.

Are those two guys in the bottom right meant to be like actual Captain Cold and Heatwave with superpowers? One has ice and wears a parka and the other is wearing a firefighters outfit.

ZeroX03

Banned
I really doubt those metahumans will add up to anything substantial, it's painfully obvious they rounded up a bunch of extras, put them in cheap outfits and told the visual effects team to work some magic.
The one getting the focus is Black Siren after all.

Also Jason Mewes is one of those metahumans with his face covered!

I really doubt those metahumans will add up to anything substantial, it's painfully obvious they rounded up a bunch of extras, put them in cheap outfits and told the visual effects team to work some magic.

Kind of a shame because some of those metahumans look really cool. Even if the guy with the green looks like they just gave a different color to the Firestorm effects, shit looks cool enough.

tim1138

The hooded dude with the glowing eyes looks a lot like Libra

True, Barry needs to satiate his bloodlust.

dEvAnGeL

It's official, the CW curse has fallen over the flash, u thought it couldn't get any worse this season but those barry iris scenes were so bad

NoTacos

overall it was a pretty tame episode. What was the speedforce trying to tell Barry? Did it just want to play Doctor Phil for a while?

overall it was a pretty tame episode. What was the speedforce trying to tell Barry? Did it just want to play Doctor Phil for a while?

Have you ever seen Bleach or Naruto? It's the equivalent of Ichigo speaking and talking to Zangetsu and Naruto talking to Kyuubi to unlock more of their powers. Ichigo had to beat Zangetsu and Naruto sort of did something similar.

All Barry needed to do was believe in himself and overcome his fear of using the speedforce. Ichigo needed to learn to control Zangetsu and believe in himself. Naruto needed to learn to control Kyuubi and believe in himself.

Xemnas89

Katie looking good as black siren and looks like we'll finally get the canary cry we deserve. I'm guessing the metahuman army will be this shows equivalent of the Mirakuru army in arrow season 2. It'll probably be cool to see but those metahumans will be cannon fodder for sure. Is Zoom punching a hole through the multiverse at the end of the preview?

Maddocks

Damn fine episode, it is always a great episode when Mama Allen is in it, even if she was just a speed force projection.

Final two episodes look crazy, can't wait.

DaveH

I can see why they let Smith try this one... all the Speed Force doppelgangers can act "off" and blame it on not being the real thing... so there's some built-in insurance if Smith stinks it up.

I wanted to like the cosmology way more than I did... I think the impact was lost because of what happened in the last episode of 12 Monkeys and the decompressed exploration during Wally's comic book run. The single best thing I can say about it is that they seem to be confirming, resoundingly, that Barry is NOT the source of the Speed Force. If he's mainlining it like Wally did, that, to me, is enough and more mystical and sophisticated than claiming a lab accident on one Earth created a cosmological fundamental timeless force. So I love that aspect on paper but it didn't click for me in the episode.

It's also not really evident Barry got a level-up like Wally always did after a big spiritual journey. More like a return to status quo. Barry's still not stomping a brainless Girder so he's still about where he was before. You kinda want to see Barry have his Neo / Matrix moment after his Enlightenment to prove he's upgraded.

Last nitpick... Grant shakes his head side-to-side like he's saying "No, no, no." waaaay too much when he's trying to be earnest in this episode. Someone needed to call him out on that. Probably wouldn't have noticed if this ep clicked for me, but it was kinda sappy filler (the B-plot was literally zombie Girder woefully executed with really cheesy shoulder-first shuffle)... he didn't even commit to saying he'd go after Iris!

ZeroX03

Banned
I wanted to like the cosmology way more than I did... I think the impact was lost because of what happened in the last episode of 12 Monkeys and the decompressed exploration during Wally's comic book run. The single best thing I can say about it is that they seem to be confirming, resoundingly, that Barry is NOT the source of the Speed Force. If he's mainlining it like Wally did, that, to me, is enough and more mystical and sophisticated than claiming a lab accident on one Earth created a cosmological fundamental timeless force. So I love that aspect on paper but it didn't click for me in the episode.

It's also not really evident Barry got a level-up like Wally always did after a big spiritual journey. More like a return to status quo. Barry's still not stomping a brainless Girder so he's still about where he was before. You kinda want to see Barry have his Neo / Matrix moment after his Enlightenment to prove he's upgraded.

Yeah they didn't do spiritual speed force and "love pulled me through the speed force" as well as Waid/Wally, but I don't think it was bad as much as the comics just did it really well and it's tough to live up to. They obviously couldn't go full special effects for speed force shenanigans so they used the personification angle which mostly worked.

Barry's Neo moment was healing Jesse by jolting her and not jobbing too hard against a guy he's already beaten before I guess.

DaveH

Hm, I think I figured out why it didn't click for me. The Speed Force never spoke to or with Wally directly as if it were an intelligent entity. It always spoke through circumstances or other people like Max Mercury as an oracle, zen master, or prophet. So the Force could remain a distant alien entity... you know, like The Force... from Star Wars, which we all intuit by now.

Here, having The Speed Force reach out to him so personally, directly, and clearly is disquieting. It's making it out to be his Mommy. No wonder Barry says the line he says in the preview. It sets us up to have a Problem of Evil quandary with The Speed Force which is more a theistic concept than the Force ever was traditionally. I'm a little unsettled by that but willing to keep an open mind for now.

Xemnas89

Some nice moments, but otherwise a mess of an episode.

I really liked the speedforce journey but zombie Girder felt unnecessary. Having just caught up on iZombie over the weekend I appreciated the girder stuff more than I would've last week but still not much. Feel like the focus should've been the speedforce journey with a few scenes showing them trying to find Barry.

Did a universal force that is supposed to be akin to gravity etc. just take the form of a human being's mother to tell said person to stop being so whiny about their mommy issues?

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom