• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
So on the new fatman on batman they mention that Zack Stentz is working on a new show with Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kriesberg but they can't talk about it yet. Whatever it is Kevin and Marc seemed hyped for it.

Come on Green Lantern. They've got time, metas and street. Let's go to space god damnit

Apt101

So on the new fatman on batman they mention that Zack Stentz is working on a new show with Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kriesberg but they can't talk about it yet. Whatever it is Kevin and Marc seemed hyped for it.

God I hope it's Constantine in the right hands. It won't be, I know, but a man can dream.

Or even better Zatanna

Joni

Boy this far away planet sure looks like an abandoned Vancouver warehouse huh

You know they could just set in a quarry somewhere and people would love it.

e859a1f8b0fb7fdab3ef388b0056218857c82f3a.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Holy fuck

kevin smith is genius

You know he didn't write the episode, right?

I like Kevin Smith, but the directing wasn't too out there or as noticeable as say James Bamford's Arrow episode. It was just solid Flash, which is what he was aiming for.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Really liked the episode but it does feel a bit weird that we weren't really exposed to Barry not being over his Mums death until it was the way for him to get his powers back.

If Jesse gets speedforce and Wally doesn't, I wonder if Wally will have a brief heel-turn and do increasingly stupid things to become a speedster.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
man that entire episode i just wanted barry to ask the goddam speedforce why the fuck it chose zoom rofl; they are setting up the speedforce as this conscious entity (and a force for good?) and yet jay the serial killer gets speed powers on earth 2 doesn't make a lick of sense

also im going to be hella pissed if they also just gloss over nightstalker/demon zoom with no explanation

nynt9

man that entire episode i just wanted barry to ask the goddam speedforce why the fuck it chose zoom rofl; they are setting up the speedforce as this conscious entity (and a force for good?) and yet jay the serial killer gets speed powers on earth 2 doesn't make a lick of sense

also im going to be hella pissed if they also just gloss over nightstalker/demon zoom with no explanation

What if Zoom wasn't chosen by the speedforce? The fact that he has a sickness where he has to consume speedforce or die suggests that he is not a natural owner of it.

oti

Banned
What if Zoom wasn't chosen by the speedforce? The fact that he has a sickness where he has to consume speedforce or die suggests that he is not a natural owner of it.

What if the guy in the cell was the chosen one and Zoom took his identity or something.

Tactics18

I hope that the whole speed force thing will pay off.
The emotional stuff was really good this episode, otherwise it was kinda meh.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah I don't get it. What's the significance of this phrase exactly?
Some sort of reference to Kevin Smith's work?

Everyone always told him to "Run,Barry. RUN!" and he never actually got any downtime to just sit down and accept what was going on in his life and what he can do and should do and wants to do.

And now the Speedforce, a literal force of SPEED tells him "just slow down. Sit. Think. Feel." because that's what he has to do.

He was so busy running, that he eventually forgot why he was running in the first place.

And then,when he was ready and he finally accepted everything that happened and that will eventually happen, the Speedforce told him to run again, cause now he was running free.

Some speculation this is for the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle film Berlanti could direct.

oti

Banned
Here's what I want for Season 3:

- Kill JD's brother, I just can't take his "I'm a scientist ugh how can't you know this ridiculous nonsense I'm spouting you're an idiot" stick
- Let Iris kick some ass, she can do more than just "I think I feel something for you or not or maybe or definitely, maybe".
- Cisco is the new main protagonist.
- Felicity. Just Felicity.
- Barry is actually smart again and not a dumb dumb, that would be a nice change for once.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Oh, you mean the total Supergirl demake for CW that takes place in the Arrowverse and stars Melissa Benoist but as Miss Martian?

Everyone knows about that.

really needed more jason mewes though. "yeah that's my car" was hilarious, totally delivered like jay. and the speedforce shit was lame as hell but it gave us those scenes with his mom so it's all good i guess.

Jay's mom's car getting destroyed needs to become an ongoing thing, the Arrowverse version of:

uGWKeav.gif

Can you guys imagine if they made Jesse the student instead of Wally?! The world's going to burn. Screw Wally and his Need For Speed 2017, let's focus on Jesse as the student with Barry as the mentor, fuck yeah!

ZeroX03

Banned
Can you guys imagine if they made Jesse the student instead of Wally?! The world's going to burn. Screw Wally and his Need For Speed 2017, let's focus on Jesse as the student with Barry as the mentor, fuck yeah!

God no. We don't need an weak character with an awful actress getting the spotlight. That'd make the whole Jay/Zoom thing seem like a master stroke in comparison.

Sober

You expect the writers to give a female character something meaningful to do?

Mariolee

So here's my theory at this point after the last few episodes:

1. There is a real Jay Garrick, and he is the Man in the Iron Mask.

2. Because Jay never wore a mask, he would vibrate his face so no one knew his secret identity. This made it easy for Hunter to pose as Jay Garrick the Flash because no one had seen his face before.

3. Both him and Hunter Zoloman have ties to the military which would explain why both of them have access to the same costume with a backstory explaining their ties to it.

4. Man in Iron Mask is JWS or his brother or uncle or something. That whole "Garrick is my mother's maiden name" thing was way too much of a hint.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Here's what I want for the next episode.

Cisco: Barry, what was it like in there?

Barry: The Speedforce is an asshole.

Also,
"The Speedforce is with us, how could we lose?"
When did this show turn into Star Wars?

You expect the writers to give a female character something meaningful to do?

Lmao. Iris at least tried to do something this week. We also got Patty being a great Police Officer right? Shoot first and ask questions later is meaningful right? <- I'm not serious.

Was the zombie really just to give some people something to do? And wasn't barry supposed to be able to return by himself.
And was that something literally to run from point A to point B? and even when barry came back they still just ran from point C to point B again...

talk about stupid and pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom