• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Joni

I don't see them moving
Victor Garber's contract, he'll probably stick to Legends.

Unless if he indicated that he wants to work less (as Ronnie will probably always remain a guest) or they want to make Legends cheaper.

How Barry will defeat Savitar
NSFW NSFW NSFW
https://i.imgur.com/z2lx11b.gifv

nshakefist.gif

On a different note, I just saw that Grant Gustin went to Elon University. Cool. I lived right new there for years and remember them changing from Elon College to Elon University. So many memories from the mid to late 90s of hitting the coffee shops there and ogling the college girls.

I wish I could get on board with this but I can't. Fucking with the future is by far the most idiotic thing ever considering he was just fucking with the past.

I'm in it for the shenanigans mostly. Let's see how far Barry can go before another Barry comes back and school's our Barry. But then again, if he goes back in time and schools this Barry future Barry hasn't really learned anything.

Kaelan

Ugh, just watched the new trailer. I'm starting to get annoyed at this show. It's like barry never learns his fucking lesson.

Like he tries to go into the past multiple times to change things and now hes living in a timeline thats directly impacted by his mistake. Okay. Cisco gets mad at him because his brother is dead because of barry, and barry has to take that. Now he learns he can go into the future, wants to go there to save iris - when other flash told him that future is only ONE possibility and that it could mess things up. Like did he forget everything he just messed up?

Does he ever learn from his mistakes? He feels stupid fucking up the past so now hes just gonna go to the future and do the same thing again? I don't get it man he's a freaking idiot and I'm tired of the same old mistakes being made. And from the sounds of it messing with the future should be off-limits as its more dangerous than messing with the past.

Ugh, just watched the new trailer. I'm starting to get annoyed at this show. It's like barry never learns his fucking lesson.

Like he tries to go into the past multiple times to change things and now hes living in a timeline thats directly impacted by his mistake. Okay. Cisco gets mad at him because his brother is dead because of barry, and barry has to take that. Now he learns he can go into the future, wants to go there to save iris - when other flash told him that future is only ONE possibility and that it could mess things up. Like did he forget everything he just messed up?

Does he ever learn from his mistakes? He feels stupid fucking up the past so now hes just gonna go to the future and do the same thing again? I don't get it man he's a freaking idiot and I'm tired of the same old mistakes being made. And from the sounds of it messing with the future should be off-limits as its more dangerous than messing with the past.

Yeah it's pretty dumb.

Robin64

So dumb. This guy time travels more than the Legends. I'm surprised Barry isn't the number one enemy on their list, actually.

Joni

So dumb. This guy time travels more than the Legends. I'm surprised Barry isn't the number one enemy on their list, actually.

They are waiting in line behind those aliens, Savitar, Black Flash, Jay Garrick and all the other people that want to defeat him for that reason.

Penguin

The musical episode airs 3/21 and will be a Flash episode

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...-musical-episode-gets-an-airdate?sf52026537=1

Episode #317 of The Flash, entitled “Duet,” will be directed by Dermott Downs and is highlighted by singing performances from Grant Gustin, Melissa Benoist, Jesse L. Martin, Victor Garber, Carlos Valdes, Jeremy Jordan, and John Barrowman, while also including non-singing guest star appearances from Supergirl’s David Harewood and Chris Wood.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Joss is terrible

He made one great film and then made pooped on everything ever since

I don't agree with the first sentence...or the second one really, but Serenity was a damn good film.

GulAtiCa

What?

He made the awesome shows Buffy, Angel and Firefly. (Dollhouse is pretty good after the 5th episode).

What would have made him perfect was the musical episode for Buffy is among the best episodes of that series, if not all shows.

ZeroX03

Banned
Joss knows television and TV musicals. I agree his movie direction isn't stellar but that's a different format. He did right by Glee.

I hope Blake Neely is composing. Probably based on his schedule.

I stopped watching Flash and the other shows for some months because I hadn't had time, but now I'm back.

The crossover was pretty good. I think Supergirl and Green Arrow should have a fight, though. Also, Kara should give him cryptonite. Yeah, I know my idea is a Superman-Batman rip-off, but I don't care, I think they should do it.
I want some of the characters to appear in other shows as well. It would be awesome if Barry appears in Arrow and asks Ollie to train him again. Or Iris to show up in Star City seeking news or something. Felicity or Cisco could show up in Legends for tech support.
It would be great if we learned things that happened in Flash for example on Arrow through conversation or the news. For example, a scene could start with Barry watching the news and learn that Green Arrow caught a bad guy. The shows will start to feel more connected this way.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ollie should have kryptonite and anti-speedster tech to be honest. Something for the Legends as well. It suits the character to have contingency plans, and both Flash and Supergirl have gone bad before.

Then afterward they adapt it into Tower of Babel for an epic crossover.

Ollie should have kryptonite and anti-speedster tech to be honest. Something for the Legends as well. It suits the character to have contingency plans, and both Flash and Supergirl have gone bad before.

Ollie already has anti-speedster arrows. Made by Ray Palmer. He used them on Reverse Flash in season one. The writers just need to remember that they have them.

They could make the Tower of Babel into a crossover and have Justice Society to be formed by the new heroes in the end of the crossover.
However, which villain can steal Oliver's plans? Merlyn, maybe? He can form a small team of villains like the animated movie that adapted Tower of Babel and try to conquer the world after he defeats the heroes. So, it will be a world-threatening threat and not just Green Arrow's problem.

ZeroX03

Banned
They could make the Tower of Babel into a crossover and have Justice Society to be formed by the new heroes in the end of the crossover.
However, which villain can steal Oliver's plans? Merlyn, maybe? He can form a small team of villains like the animated movie that adapted Tower of Babel and try to conquer the world after he defeats the heroes. So, it will be a world-threatening threat and not just Green Arrow's problem.

Yeah have everyone from Flash/Legends/Supergirl in a team except Ollie is on the outs... until they miraculously need him for the next crossover and he's back in.

Merlyn is the most likely candidate who's still alive (Savage and Ra's both gone) because he's the most familiar with Oliver's MO and has easy access to his base, but really any big bad could do it.

Joni

Yeah have everyone from Flash/Legends/Supergirl in a team except Ollie is on the outs... until they miraculously need him for the next crossover and he's back in.

Merlyn is the most likely candidate who's still alive (Savage and Ra's both gone) because he's the most familiar with Oliver's MO and has easy access to his base, but really any big bad could do it.

I would guess on Prometheus but he won't be around by next time.

ZeroX03

Banned
I would guess on Prometheus but he won't be around by next time.

Prometheus is probably the villain it'd work for least of all, he's all personal toward Ollie. Taking out all the heroes for world domination doesn't mean much for him.

Joni

Prometheus is probably the villain it'd work for least of all, he's all personal toward Ollie. Taking out all the heroes for world domination doesn't mean much for him.

He'd however love to get his friends geared against him. Getting him isolated.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
There are a lot of Justice League and JL adjacent storylines they could rip off for the crossovers. I think 'Public Enemies' would be a really easy one to do. Just have some rich asshole from the Arrowverse offer up a truckload of cash to anyone that kills Team Arrow and Team Flash. It's a silly excuse to have all the villains just suddenly attacking them all at once. And of course they call in Supergirl for backup. Change the name to "Villains United" even though it has nothing to do with that arc.

What we know about Savitar so far:
He was the first Speedster and over time, he become the fastest.
He sents someone on an Earth before his arrival.
He wants to battle Barry. According to Jay, it's because Barry threatens him.
He makes himself a god, he's not a one.
Barry took something from Savitar and he wants it back.
Barry trapped Savitar in eternity.
Savitar is close to escaping, though.

So, based on comics and the info above, I believe Savitar is not an already known character, for example future Barry, but I think he's a completely new character.
I believe he's the first person that found the stone and it granted him connection to the speed force, but he wants all the power for himself, so he wants to kill the other speedsters.
He wants followers, that's why he sent Alchemy. Folowers are metahumans, so I believe he has a plan to conquer the world, like Zoom.
On Savitar being trapped, I think Savitar refers to Barry putting the box in the speed force. Savitar escapes due to someone who betrays the team, probably Cisco or Caitlin because are the only ones who want something that Savitar can give to them (Cisco wants his brother back, Caitlin doesn't want her powers), he kills Iris and Barry has the fate worse than death because he loves Iris.

Joni

Seems they did the one in Vancouver. Brandon Routh's wife was in the CHicago one.
Seems like even the villains are turning on Trump, Matt Letscher is going hard on Twitter.

Top Bottom