• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That shit was terrible.

TERRIBLE.

I knew this one was going to be bad from the synopsis. A bounty hunter coming after H.R. but Cisco challenging her to a fight to the death sounds like a bad episode of Stargate or Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Skii

I didn't like that episode really. There was a bit more tension because Cisco really is untrained but the execution was horrible.

I don't understand how Gypsy manages to turn fast enough to throw Barry into a portal. That makes no sense. Barry should've been way too fast to be grabbed by a non speedster.

The final fight was pretty bad as well. She pinned Cisco numerous times but because Cisco pinned her, he wins? lol.

And since Gypsy can slow down speedsters to a halt, surely Cisco can do that to Savitar?

This season really has been lacking. I just don't know when it's going to pick up.

Bluth54

I don't understand how Gypsy manages to turn fast enough to throw Barry into a portal. That makes no sense. Barry should've been way too fast to be grabbed by a non speedster.

To be fair the villain not being fast enough to beat the Flash is a problem this show has a lot (and it's probably a struggle people who write anything with The Flash).

nOoblet16

To be fair the villain not being fast enough to beat the Flash is a problem this show has a lot (and it's probably a struggle people who write anything with The Flash).

Yep which is why every main villain has been a speedster.

It simply does not make sense for any non speedster to be able to even land one hit on The Flash, dude moves fast enough to not even be visible to normal people and he'd probably put anyone in cuffs or incapacitate them before they even have a chance to move a finger for even an inch.

I mean am I really suppose to buy that a normal human with a fancy gun (Captain Cold) is able to stop The Flash ? With someone like Oliver Queen who is essentially Batman and has prep time, experience and technology it's more believable.

Either non-speedsters can time their attacks just right to take down Barry or we're stuck with him only ever fighting speedsters.

I would have loved to see her open a portal in front of him that opened up right in front of a brick wall, though.

Cafeman

I didn't know who the Katco woman was, had to google it . Oh yeah , it was Miss Tessmacher!

I hate to be overly critical, but I watched Supergirl and Flash so far this week and both suffered from very bad writing. Flash season 3 just can't compare to season 1. Oh well, I try to have fun with it all.

Weird how Kara was not in her office when they arrived...

it's like they didn't pay the cast to appear.

She doesn't work in that part of the building anymore. Eve Teshmacher was in the shot, and she's Kara' replacement. James is filling Cat's role now, but it's night so he was probably out playing Guardian with Winn.

EDIT:

HR being exiled from Earth 19 moves him up the list of who will die, since it will help them stick to the "New Season, New Wells" rule.

Magwik

Banned
This was honestly probably the best episode this season on the basis alone of it subverting expectations by not only not having Barry save the day, but the stinger where Wally is actually the one meant to be the hero.

Also Barry Allen: Follows the rules of Earth-19, but disregards the rules of time travel and the speedforce.

I just realized the Flash is back on. I just watched episode 9 and OMG! I love it. Julian was quick to change up. Didn't say shit to Caitlyn. Damn Hypocrite. He didn't put himself in jail.

Joni

5 minutes in, I loved the opening and I adore the LEGO mock-up for the future.
Oh, that awkward Iris-Joe-Baby conversation.

Skii

Either non-speedsters can time their attacks just right to take down Barry or we're stuck with him only ever fighting speedsters.

I would have loved to see her open a portal in front of him that opened up right in front of a brick wall, though.

Yeah I know it's just a problem any non-speedster villain will have. But it seems more believable that she could slow down Wally to a halt with her powers than grab Barry whilst he's running (even though both feats should be impossible).

Xenoboy

People calling this episode terrible, what?
It was a cute and was setting up some nice plotlines. And now we also have an explanation (sort of) for those futuristic weapons people complained about.
Feels like Flash is going back to some more jollyness, even with the depressing stuff that's happening.
Barry is gonna go full on mentor.
HR is probably gonna be Abra Kadabra, book it!

The episode was a little weak but it was setup for Crisco. I do like the Wally and Barry dynamic though. I also like when they interact more with civilians and stuff makes it nice.

So what earth was that with the lava? I mean, they don't always travel to other Earths, right? They can essentially travel to other planets/ planets in other universes?

Joni

So what earth was that with the lava? I mean, they don't always travel to other Earths, right? They can essentially travel to other planets/ planets in other universes?

You don't always have oxygen on other planets though, so it might be easiest to aim for an earth.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Hmmmmmmm. I think that they've only been traveling to other Earths. My understanding was that all the other versions of Earth/universes essentially occupy the same "space" but are on a different frequency. But they jump around through space during fights, so I suppose they should be able to go to another planet, but maybe they aren't powerful enough. Even if you have that power, there wouldn't be many instances to test it. Vibe to the moon, hope you can get back in under 2 minutes or you're dead. haha

You don't always have oxygen on other planets though, so it might be easiest to aim for an earth.

Hmmmmmmm. I think that they've only been traveling to other Earths. My understanding was that all the other versions of Earth/universes essentially occupy the same "space" but are on a different frequency. But they jump around through space during fights, so I suppose they should be able to go to another planet, but maybe they aren't powerful enough. Even if you have that power, there wouldn't be many instances to test it. Vibe to the moon, hope you can get back in under 2 minutes or you're dead. haha
True. Though, the first thought I had with that lava planet was "Red Lanterns!". But nah, they wouldn't do that.

Shaanyboi

Banned
This episode was far from terrible. Not one of the show's best, but its characters still made it plenty enjoyable. Julian being an ass is a highlight.
It's confirmed. It's just not confirmed on how or why.

I mean... we know why.
Dude wants to ensure he's no longer a time aberration himself.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Sorry about the double post, but figured this was worth mentioning on its own. Producer/writer Zack Stentz is leaving the show.

via Comicbook.com

Stentz served as a Consulting Producer on The Flash's third season. Prior to that, he penned one of last season's standout episodes, the Kevin Smith-directed 'The Runaway Dinosaur'. In addition to producing the show's third season, he wrote its fifth episode, 'Monster', as well as last night's 'Dead or Alive.'

Pachimari

Yeah, I thought this week's episode was very mediocre. It was a filler episode that added nothing to the overall plot. And I knew that Wally had to be the one to stop Savitar from killing Iris. I love how much Kid Flash loves the attention from the general public though heh.

I liked when Gypsy and Vibe ended up at Catco, loved that bit.

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay I'm like two days late but I loved that episode. Lots of HR, which is fine because I love HR. The role reversal stuff with Cisco and Wells worked for me too because of Cisco's strong connection with the other two. Also a fan of Wally stuff and he's having lots of fun, the lightning bolt speed away was very cool. Iris has a purpose which worked even if she was reckless. Julian was very funny. All hits for me.

I'll usually dig weaker episodes as long as they're funny and that was certainly the case here. But there was also lots of character stuff for people other than Barry for once.

#3.12 "Untouchable" Promo
AV Club: B+

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Decent enough episode. Was that Apokolips?

Also, it was obvious Wally would save Iris. They've said he's faster than Barry was at that point about five times.

Toa TAK

Banned
Decent enough episode. Was that Apokolips?

Also, it was obvious Wally would save Iris. They've said he's faster than Barry was at that point about five times.
Everybody's faster than Barry, though.

Even your grandparents are faster than Barry.

Everybody's faster than Barry, though.

Even your grandparents are faster than Barry.

Must. Not. Mention. You know who.
Thor 2: The Dark World is faster than Barry

Heck, you know that pet turtle Barry received not too long ago? Yeah, even that turtle is faster than Barry.

Top Bottom