• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Decent episode. I wish the fight was better though, Flash so slow Grodd smacks him with a shield on the first attempt.

Supergirl is fucking shit and by far the worst show. I call her Kara Job-El.

Yeah, I liked season 1 but this season has been a total slog to get through.

EDIT: Urgh, not looking forward to the musical episode at all

tci

Season 3 have been pretty bad for the most part. There are a few episodes that are decent, although too far apart. I gave up on Supergirl a few episodes ago. And I am really close to do it with Flash as well.

The show have failed to do character development. There is absolutely none of it at all. It is almost like the cast forgets what they have been doing the previous episode.

They should stop doing all this super villain shit, and actually do something that can be done on this budget. The gorilla battle was a waste of everything. I'd rather see them solve some disasters or actual threat to people. The city has become irrelevant. This is a show about speed. Make them use it in a more diverse way. All the science stuff have also disappeared for the most part.

It is sad one of my favorite shows become such a boring mess.

GulAtiCa

Blah. Wish they
went the full Buffy way and make it basically the entire episode singing

I'm still excited at seeing this little cross-over though

I agree, character development has been pretty non-existent pretty much this whole season. I think you could send this Barry or probably any character that was around to this point in season two and there wouldn't be much difference.

Summary for the musical episode has been released:

I mean, I'm still looking forward to it but that's kinda lame...

Ross61

Catching up with the Flash and it's been fine to decent. Supergirl is the best show this season, been kicking it out of the park.

Nabs

Catching up with the Flash and it's been fine to decent. Supergirl is the best show this season, been kicking it out of the park.

Zt2HzPn.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/92/1d/4d/921d4ddabb34672ea017e9d87cd12233.gif

Enough into this to know that's it's been better than the lackluster seasons the other shows have been having.
Enjoy the train of worst Arrowverse episodes about to plow you over.

Hope you ain't including Arrow in that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Seen the hype for Arrow this season, but I was severely unimpressed and bored with it.

Like, have you seen the last 5 Supergirl episodes?

I'm giving you an out here don't double down on wrong opinions.

I remember a while ago someone saying that Kid Flash would never been on here because the creators didn't want it to be a Flash and friends show and here we are with Kid Flash and Jesse Quick.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I agree, character development has been pretty non-existent pretty much this whole season. I think you could send this Barry or probably any character that was around to this point in season two and there wouldn't be much difference.

I mean, I'm still looking forward to it but that's kinda lame...

My God, it's come full circle. The Flash S3 thread is the Arrow S3 thread. Bail out guys, it's gonna be abunot few salty years.

Joni

My God, it's come full circle. The Flash S3 thread is the Arrow S3 thread. Bail out guys, it's gonna be abunot few salty years.
I'm not here defending this and reddit hasn't gone nuts. But I hope the thread doesn't go as hyperbolic as back then.

In defence of the crossover synopsis, at least the way its handled can explain Victor Garber and John Barryman's inclusion, not sure how they could explain them showing up otherwise.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I complain every week, so at least I'm consistent!

Might just be the ebb and flow of these shows. They get too wrapped up in their own formula, then spend time course correcting.

I do think this back half of episodes have been a major improvement for this season. The big bad throwing new metas at Flash was a literal rehash from last season, so I'm happy to see they stepped back from that and gave the team a different goal.

ZeroX03

Banned
In defence of the crossover synopsis, at least the way its handled can explain Victor Garber and John Barryman's inclusion, not sure how they could explain them showing up otherwise.

Garber has plenty of reason to show up due to the whole Stein's daughter thing.

Barrowman's actually interacted with Flash before. And randomly showing up is his thing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Musical Episode Spoiler Talk

Superhero comics are so inherently ridiculous that a villain that makes people sing is on the tame side compared to:

- A military invasion by super intelligent gorillas from a parallel universe
- A speed god having a cult that puts people in cocoons, so they can gain the powers they had in an alternate timeline
- The "fastest man alive" being chased down by bees. Regular bees.

It seems like such a weird thing to pull the brakes on and say "Whoa, this is too crazy for our grounded universe." Haha, we'll see how the ep goes. Might still be fun.

Joni

Superhero comics are so inherently ridiculous that a villain that makes people sing is on the tame side compared to:

- A speed god having a cult that puts people in cocoons, so they can gain the powers they had in an alternate timeline

It seems like such a weird thing to pull the brakes on and say "Whoa, this is too crazy for our grounded universe." Haha, we'll see how the ep goes. Might still be fun.

It is probably more something like
dude is just a regular guy aside from the singing so we have to find a way to depower the heroes, so let's give him the power to create alternative dimensions.

The "Dream World" part probably allows them to go goofier. Straight up hypnosis would explain singing and dancing, but not bystanders playing along or staging/lighting/etc. resembling a musical or cartoon. They can go bigger with this version of events than they could with a direct adaption of the Music Meister's B:tBatB rules.

LionPride

Banned
Rankings for Arrowverse shows

1. Arrow - Season 3 was a bit of a valley, 4 was just Season 2 again, but 5 is a legit season right now. Best show in the Arrowverse.

2. Legends of Tomorrow - Since dumping the Hawks and Savage and kinda Rory, they hit a stride. These episodes with evil Rory have been...eh for the most part, but it's still been an overall good season

3. Flash - Flash was dipped in quality since Season 1 which was it's peak and this season is just there existing

4. Supergirl - Supergirl was the second best show and then the corssover episode happened and it's been way downhill since. That show does not matter besides Melissa Benoist

ZeroX03

Banned
2. Legends of Tomorrow - Since dumping the Hawks and Savage and kinda Rory, they hit a stride. These episodes with evil Rory have been...eh for the most part, but it's still been an overall good season

One of the Arrowverse Rorys hasn't been evil, and the other isn't even on Legends... yet.

heat-wave-tv-590x900.jpg
ragmanfilm.jpg

One of the Arrowverse Rorys hasn't been evil, and the other isn't even on Legends... yet.

heat-wave-tv-590x900.jpg
ragmanfilm.jpg

I think he means this Rory:

s6-utah-promo-full.jpg

Rankings for Arrowverse shows

1. Arrow - Season 3 was a bit of a valley, 4 was just Season 2 again, but 5 is a legit season right now. Best show in the Arrowverse.

3. Flash - Flash was dipped in quality since Season 1 which was it's peak and this season is just there existing

4. Supergirl - Supergirl was the second best show and then the corssover episode happened and it's been way downhill since. That show does not matter besides Melissa Benoist

Pretty much. Legends and Arrow are in the same class, but legends has stumbled a couple of times. Flash and Supergirl are in a class together, but Flash has had a few more highs (like Gorilla City)

Lillian has actually been a pretty good villain, but she's hampered by her lack of a singular plan. She is a long term villain with episodic schemes, so Flash right now is at the bottom of the villain rankings.

ZeroX03

Banned
...ALAKAZAM!
DCComics.com can exclusively reveal that actor David Dastmalchian (aka Officer Rachel Dawes) has been cast in the role of
Abra Kadabra
on The CW series and will be appearing on the show later this season.
Described as a criminal from a distant future whose advanced technological powers seem like magic, the time-traveling Abra Kadabra (David Dastmalchian) holds a secret the Flash will stop at nothing to uncover.
Source: DC Comics

david-dastmalchian-in-the-dark-knight.jpg

Grizzlyjin

That dude was just on Gotham as an acolyte of their proto Joker! Man, those few seconds in The Dark Knight have been good for his career.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tonight, betrayal strikes and you will feel...

#3.15 "The Wrath of Savitar"
Episode Promo
SAVITAR VISITS WALLY - While training with Barry (Grant Gustin), Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) starts to have visions of Savitar, which he hides from the team because everybody else does it, why shouldn't he? A dangerous secret threatens Barry and Iris' (Candice Patton) happiness. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Andrew Kreisberg & Andrew Wilder (#315).
fla315a-0239b-235613.jpg

Top Bottom