• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Damn. Just a big 'ole damn. Good job Barry, you played yourself. Savitar is Barry. The way Savitar was talking about Flashpoint makes it seem like Savitar is Barry. Savitar wouldn't exist without Barry. Barry was the only one who knew Wally would be Kid Flash and that Wally would be faster than him.

Savitar also keeps repeating, "I am the Future, Flash." He pauses to try and give Barry a hint but Barry can't figure it out.

Off to the LoT thread ^_^

Tamanon

Banned
I mean.....I'm starting to come around on it being the other Barry from Flashpoint. He does say "I am the future....Flash" a lot.

The interesting thing is that Barry held his own a lot more than I thought he would with Savitar. Hmm.....

Magwik

Banned
I mean.....I'm starting to come around on it being the other Barry from Flashpoint. He does say "I am the future....Flash" a lot.

The interesting thing is that Barry held his own a lot more than I thought he would with Savitar. Hmm.....

But he also said that Flashpoint gave him an opportunity to escape the speed force so that isn't a valid theory anymore.

We all know Barry will go all out against other Speedsters. That was probably about the best he could do. They probably also sprinkled some Nerf Salt on Savitar.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Garbage episode.The manufactured drama in this was insanely high. There was a disagreement about everything.

Conflict is the cornerstone of these type of shows, but they just repeat scenes and make everyone act dumb here. It's lazy, not compelling. The last act got Zoom reveal levels of dumb. Savitar keeping Barry alive just cause...Not going after Team Flash right now just cause.

Don't even get me started on Savitar. Everything out his mouth is cliche. Just throw in a slow clap and a "We're not so different, you and I" already.

Billfisto

My theory: Savitar is Barry. Not Flashpoint Barry, though.. the Barry that "sacrificed" himself to stop Zoom.

Instead of dying, which everyone assumed he did, he went in the speedforce or whatever and went crazy. His life went to hell while the other Barry got all the rewards and still sucks at everything. Who's to say which one is the "real" one?

All this talk about fear and how it makes us do things... perhaps foreshadowing...?
sinestro_002.jpg

Probably not, but one can hope

jb1234

Barry has become such an unlikable douche that I was actually rooting for Savitar at the end. That's not a good sign. This show desperately needs an Arrow-esque revamping. The characters are running around with their heads cut off, repeating various arcs (KEEPING SECRETS, AGAIN) and just generally being stagnant. The interpersonal drama was off the charts and none of it was remotely natural. The tone has gotten so dour that the show is actively unpleasant to watch (and HR being used to insert forced levity just makes him seem even more out of place).

Here's hoping they turn things around for season 4.

Savitar is Barry. Either the Barry that originally warned him off of saving his mother or the Barry that died to stop Zoom.

Either way, Barry holds that L.

Rough adaptation of the New 52 Flash plot with future Barry? Look familiar?

Is it just me or did Savitar have a physical suit this episode?
Yet still cut in with meh cg.

Yes, it looks like he was a physical suit tonight.

Magwik

Banned
Savitar is Barry. Either the Barry that originally warned him off of saving his mother or the Barry that died to stop Zoom.

Either way, Barry holds that L.

Rough adaptation of the New 52 Flash plot with future Barry? Look familiar?

Yes, it looks like he was a physical suit tonight.

Blaming himself for the death of Wally West
hmmm

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Does Speedforce just pickle speeder's brains making them hopelessly stupid?

I mean.... Holy shit Wally. Just... Holy shit.

Barry was already hopeless. I had such high hopes for WW.

I can only hope he pops out of the SF and can make things explode and steal people's speed etc when he reappears.

Wally West the best Flash.

Maddocks

Think this was the first episode that I felt like...damn, they are adding drama for drama sake.

But I do hope that savitar is just a future barry that has become cold and dark. Would be a nice change of friend turns to foe formula.

Top Bottom