• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wally was compromised, so I don't think it's too fair to judge his actions as fully his own this episode. Savitar was messing with his brain.

Ashhong

Wally was compromised, so I don't think it's too fair to judge his actions as fully his own this episode. Savitar was messing with his brain.

Savita was coming to him in visions and stuff but did he actually do something to mess with his brain? He chose to vibe Iris death, then call out the ring with Barry, then "handle" Savitar himself and beg Jessie to not tell Barry. That's all on Wally.

morningbus

Savita was coming to him in visions and stuff but did he actually do something to mess with his brain? He chose to vibe Iris death, then call out the ring with Barry, then "handle" Savitar himself and beg Jessie to not tell Barry. That's all on Wally.

I think they've shown that people acting under Savitar's influence do things they wouldn't necessarily do otherwise, like the time Cisco opened the box because Savitar made him see his brother. While Savitar was fulfilling Cisco's desires in that moment, Cisco should otherwise know his brother is dead, right? But he's been made delusional, like a low-level psychosis.

Savitar was definitely in Wally's head from the start (or rather, the end of the last episode) and it left him shook and desperate and then, with the delusion of his Mother, full-on broken emotionally. He wasn't in his right mind, even if he only needed slight prodding from Savitar.

Magwik

Banned
I just hope it ties back to one of the past seasons or being a direct repercussion of Barry's past actions and not more future crud

Ashhong

I think they've shown that people acting under Savitar's influence do things they wouldn't necessarily do otherwise, like the time Cisco opened the box because Savitar made him see his brother. While Savitar was fulfilling Cisco's desires in that moment, Cisco should otherwise know his brother is dead, right? But he's been made delusional, like a low-level psychosis.

Savitar was definitely in Wally's head from the start (or rather, the end of the last episode) and it left him shook and desperate and then, with the delusion of his Mother, full-on broken emotionally. He wasn't in his right mind, even if he only needed slight prodding from Savitar.

Good points. But they still need to stop using this Wally fucks up plotline, regardless of who is the root cause

caliph95

Savitar:
giphy.gif

jb1234

Good points. But they still need to stop using this Wally fucks up plotline, regardless of who is the root cause

Given how long they've stuck with the "Barry fucks up" plotline, I don't have a great deal of faith they'll stop it with another character.

sirap

I just hope it ties back to one of the past seasons or being a direct repercussion of Barry's past actions and not more future crud

But when you really think about it, everything that happened in Season 1 happened because of shit Barry did in the future.

Barry fucking up everything even his own past.

A snowball of Ls

morningbus

I feel like that might have written themselves into a different, arguably harder corner to pull off than last year.

They've kept Savitar almost a complete mystery this entire time, with no real clues or leads into who he or she is or what his or her motivations really are. At this rate it's going to have to be something insane, like a Future/Alt Barry, just to be satisfying. Some random dude from Flashpoint or some future adversary we have an episode to care about isn't going to cut it.

CryptiK

I feel like they are making it super obvious who Savitar is.

Its surely Eddie right? I mean he talks as if he knows everyone. Says something about Barry doing something to him/not saving him.

Or

It could be Earth 2 Wells. Hes sick, hes dying and maybe Barry caused that and hes mad. I dunno. I think it will have to be someone we know. Hell it could even be that throw away speedster that was at the start.

sirap

I feel like they are making it super obvious who Savitar is.

Its surely Eddie right? I mean he talks as if he knows everyone. Says something about Barry doing something to him/not saving him.

Or

It could be Earth 2 Wells. Hes sick, hes dying and maybe Barry caused that and hes mad. I dunno. I think it will have to be someone we know. Hell it could even be that throw away speedster that was at the start.

Eddie killed himself willingly (could've just shot himself in the balls tbh) and E2 Wells is not sick. No need to spoiler tag that lol.

- J - D -

We're at episode 16 now, right? Is it time to start being worried about this season as a whole if they don't stick the landing with Savitar?

Oh god, what if they don't stick the landing with Savitar?

Xenoboy

Best episode of the season, washed out some of my disappointment with Planet of the Gorillas.
I like how Barry really wanted to see Savitar's face, but yeah some dumb stuff happened, doesn't really detract anything for me. I had a good time.
Promo spoilers -
Is that Caitlyn holding a baby and singing?

carlsojo

Savitar says to Iris: "I'm sorry you have to die, but it's either me or you." And then in the future he says "Now at last I am free of you."

Iris traps Savitar inside herself, Dark Wanderer style.

edit nevermind i was only like halfway through the episode when I posted that :p

Deadly

I was hoping the marriage angle was a legit surprise for Barry but nope, secrets.

Also if they vibed the future again shouldn't they be looking at if things have changed again?

ZeroX03

Banned
I was hoping the marriage angle was a legit surprise for Barry but nope, secrets.

Also if they vibed the future again shouldn't they be looking at if things have changed again?

I was going to say they're vibing Barry's memory, but HR was added the first time they vibed so I guess it really is the future? Maybe it hasn't changed? I dunno. Speed Force.

sirap

Yep, I gave an audible "are you fucking kidding me Barry ?" at that.

To be fair it's not like he comes out of those sessions puking and screaming. Dude looks like he just woke up from a bad dream.

Suck it up Malfoy!

I was going to say they're vibing Barry's memory, but HR was added the first time they vibed so I guess it really is the future? Maybe it hasn't changed? I dunno. Speed Force.

Someone needs to make a Vibe force gif, because Cisco's powers are about as well explained and broken as the Speedforce.

I feel like that might have written themselves into a different, arguably harder corner to pull off than last year.

They've kept Savitar almost a complete mystery this entire time, with no real clues or leads into who he or she is or what his or her motivations really are. At this rate it's going to have to be something insane, like a Future/Alt Barry, just to be satisfying. Some random dude from Flashpoint or some future adversary we have an episode to care about isn't going to cut it.

Yeah they're running into the same problem they had at the tail end of last season where they write themselves into very stupid places.

Billfisto

Actually, given the ridiculous torso on his shambling rubber suit, I'm beginning to believe Savitar might actually be Fastback.

jwk94

Think this was the first episode that I felt like...damn, they are adding drama for drama sake.

But I do hope that savitar is just a future barry that has become cold and dark. Would be a nice change of friend turns to foe formula.
Wait... Future Barry said not to trust himself... Maybe Savitar is a dark Barry.

sirap

If I remember right, they did this in the comics as well and had Barry basically be the bolt of speed force lightning that hit him.

Would be a fitting way to end the show if they get cancelled early. I mean, there's still that plot-thread about Flash being missing from the Future in S1.

sirap

I called Savitar being trapped in the speedforce in the same episode they got rid of the stone. I mean, it's the most obvious thing ever.

I actually did a double take the moment Barry stormed into the lab with this "revelation". I was like...what?? I thought you guys knew this already.

GulAtiCa

I enjoyed tonights episode. But damn if the stupid drama and weird obsession with keeping things from others wasn't dumb. Can the writers not think of anything else?.. 4 times tonight from 3 different people. shit.

Wally so dumb, makes Barry seem smart... lol

Though, I feel like Barry probably shouldn't have known she didn't have a ring on in the future, since both times Barry never got close enough. Wally didn't even notice until he got right up close.

Top Bottom