• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Jag

On a side note, I really hate HR, but loved Wells. I don't know why the show is sticking with the HR character. His comedy just falls flat. Well's smart sarcasm added some wit to the show. Such a move in the wrong direction.

Yeeeeeeeah.... Savitar was trapped in the Speed Force all this time, that was obvious but what we don't get was why couldn't.... Team Flash figure that out? We're all just a bunch of nerds on NeoGAF that figured it out as soon as Savitar was zipping around but why couldn't a bunch of so-called geniuses figure that out? Everyone on Earth-1 are a bunch of phoneys. Big fat phoneys!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I went back and checked a few scenes really quickly and noticed something oddly consistent:

When Savitar is talking to Wally directly, he only ever calls him Wallace.

When Savitar is talking about Wally (to Barry), he only calls him Wally.

Definitely intentional.

Billfisto

I went back and checked a few scenes really quickly and noticed something oddly consistent:

When Savitar is talking to Wally directly, he only ever calls him Wallace.

When Savitar is talking about Wally (to Barry), he only calls him Wally.

Definitely intentional.

Doesn't one of the Harries call Wally "Wallace"? I forget if it was Harry or HR.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Yeah they're running into the same problem they had at the tail end of last season where they write themselves into very stupid places.

That's what happens when the only reason bad guys get anywhere is due to Barry's crippling stupidity.

"LOL sure I'll give you my speed juice!"

Joni

Some good stuff, some stupid stuff, like he wants to marry you before you die. If you were deadly ill, that would be so romantic.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Some good stuff, some stupid stuff, like he wants to marry you before you die. If you were deadly ill, that would be so romantic.

Yeah, for as often as these people lie to each other they are absolutely awful at it.

The amount of spin you'd need to put on "seeing you die made me realize how important you are to me" is practically zero.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
You know if you think about it all of this is actually Jay Garrick's fault. He's the one who recommended that they throw shit into the speedforce.

Good job, Jay.

tim1138

You know if you think about it all of this is actually Jay Garrick's fault. He's the one who recommended that they throw shit into the speedforce.

Good job, Jay.

They could probably do a fun B story of them just throwing random stuff into the Speed Force to see what happens.

sirap

Good job, Jay.

Jay Garrick pulling shit outta his ass as usual.

Claimed Savitar was the first person to receive Speed too.

On second thought, Savitar might be HR. I swear on the New Gods that he better not be. We don't need another evil mentor.

Barry also won't kill Savitar since #Earth1LivesMatter :/

I think it would be better if they stick somewhat to the source and have Savitar be nobody but Savitar. For me anyways :p

Joni

Yeah, for as often as these people lie to each other they are absolutely awful at it.

The amount of spin you'd need to put on "seeing you die made me realize how important you are to me" is practically zero.
Maybe it is just the brain damage Barry has.

wamberz1

Yeah Im guessing it's probably wally, given that is what most of the setup seems to be for, but the the whole wallace thing is a pretty massive tip off and very odd when you think about it. I could definitely see HR being savitar.

So from what I've seen people think Savitar is either...

HR
Wally
Evil future Barry
Eddie

Money is personally evil future Barry. Him saying "I'm the future, flash." So many times feels like a 'would you kindly' kind of moment they are preparing for as the twist its just much more obvious here. There is also the tease about future Barry warning Rip Hunter not to trust future him. Also the way he was talking about Cisco and everyone else felt like something a dark version of Barry might think or say, even when hes talking about Barry it almost sounds exactly what Barry thinks of himself, that hes selfish and cruel, ect.

Self loathing emo Barry who blames himself for every problem hes caused to himself and all his friends and family ultimately decides he himself deserves to suffer and die and the only one who can truly to that to himself... Is himself.

So from what I've seen people think Savitar is either...

HR
Wally
Evil future Barry
Eddie

Money is personally evil future Barry. Him saying "I'm the future, flash." So many times feels like a 'would you kindly' kind of moment they are preparing for as the twist its just much more obvious here. There is also the tease about future Barry warning Rip Hunter not to trust future him. Also the way he was talking about Cisco and everyone else felt like something a dark version of Barry might think or say, even when hes talking about Barry it almost sounds exactly what Barry thinks of himself, that hes selfish and cruel, ect.

Self loathing emo Barry who blames himself for every problem hes caused to himself and all his friends and family ultimately decides he himself deserves to suffer and die and the only one who can truly to that to himself... Is himself.

Coming this Spring 2017....... Rob Schneider as..... The Flash!

Lol

Watch Savitar's true identity be some obscure character only Slayven or Zero knows.

Barry interrogating Savitar next episode:
XCUCeH9vZR-where-s-wallace-that-s-all-i-wanna-know.gif
The king stay the king.

And I guess now that Savitar escaped, it turns out he's actually kind of slow, where Barry can keep up with him. Whoops?

Savitar ' s comic identity is "unnamed Eastern Bloc fighter pilot"

Eastern Bloc isn't a thing anymore

That just leaves fighter pilot

Savitar is Hal Jordan.

hLjoZU1.gif

Savitar better not miss when he comes at Barry.
Avon Barksdale is the king. He stays the king, even in prison
(even Marlo has to pay him to deal in his territories in the end)
. String is more like the queen piece that is powerful and can go wherever it pleases.

The king stay the king.

And I guess now that Savitar escaped, it turns out he's actually kind of slow, where Barry can keep up with him. Whoops?

Lol, ikr? When Savitar was trapped in the Speed Force, he was zipping around the city. Now that he's come out of the Speed Force he can barely dodge Barry's attacks and like you said, Barry can keep up with him.

Come on bruh.....

Ashhong

Wait, can someone please refresh my memory? Earlier in the season when they were fighting Savitar, he was actually in the speedforce the entire time? I can't remember that episode where they threw the stone into the SF, but didn't they also throw Savitar in as well?

Wait, can someone please refresh my memory? Earlier in the season when they were fighting Savitar, he was actually in the speedforce the entire time? I can't remember that episode where they threw the stone into the SF, but didn't they also throw Savitar in as well?

Yeah, Savitar has been trapped in the Speed Force the entire time. The stone was a way to summon him. They then threw the stone into the Speed Force. Some of us in here figured it out that Savitar was trapped in the Speed Force but some people never figured that out, some were speculating, and there was no confirmation until yesterday.

Savitar himself wasn't thrown into the Speed Force because he has always been in the Speed Force.

Didn't he flat out say that in the future, Barry traps him in the Speedforce? I remember he just told us.

I still think this change the future plot is incredibly dumb. They've changed the future plenty of times. Eddie killing himself changed the future so that Eobard doesn't exist, for example. Barry running back in time by one day and stopping Weather Wizard before he did anything changed the future. Barry causing Flashpoint changed the future. And so on.

Ecliptor

Savitar can't be anyone we already know, right? I mean, we know that he was the first person ever to be granted speed, right?

I actually did a double take the moment Barry stormed into the lab with this "revelation". I was like...what?? I thought you guys knew this already.
I know, right? Savitar claimed he was trapped in eternity and the speed force is described using terms like eternity. The fact that it never occurred to them that throwing it into the speedforce would be exactly what Savitar wants makes me realise that these characters are all dumb as a rock.

Joni

They thought he wasn't inside there, that he was teleporting when he was simply hopping in and out of the speedforce.

Ashhong

Yeah, Savitar has been trapped in the Speed Force the entire time. The stone was a way to summon him. They then threw the stone into the Speed Force. Some of us in here figured it out that Savitar was trapped in the Speed Force but some people never figured that out, some were speculating, and there was no confirmation until yesterday.

Savitar himself wasn't thrown into the Speed Force because he has always been in the Speed Force.

They thought he wasn't inside there, that he was teleporting when he was simply hopping in and out of the speedforce.

Ah okay, I thought I remembered them fighting him and throwing him into the speedforce along with the stone. Makes sense now.

Savitar can't be anyone we already know, right? I mean, we know that he was the first person ever to be granted speed, right?

The first person granted speed is Barry. Just sayin'.

It's either Barry or Jay. I assume Jay since Jay is older than Barry and is more knowledgeable about the Speed Force compared to Barry. Those are the only two we know of that were granted Speed Force powers before anyone else.

It's either Barry or Jay. I assume Jay since Jay is older than Barry and is more knowledgeable about the Speed Force compared to Barry. Those are the only two we know of that were granted Speed Force powers before anyone else.
Yeah, I know it's Jay, but here's the thing. If Savitar is Evil Barry, then that would be a sweet reveal. If it's Jay "again," then fuck.

nOoblet16

The king stay the king.

All this proves is that Thawne was way faster than any of these speedsters. I mean Zoom was portrayed as some amazingly superfast speedster but Barry was able to absolutely leave him in dust using Thawne's modifications that Thawne possessed all the time, and now he is able to sort of keep up with Savitar even without modification.

If we were to add then the villians have gotten progressively slower lol.

Yeah, I know it's Jay, but here's the thing. If Savitar is Evil Barry, then that would be a sweet reveal. If it's Jay "again," then fuck.

Ohhhh, you're talking about who Savitar is. I wasn't, lol. I was just explaining who might have been the first Speedster that has nothing to do with Savitar. I think the tale is false. The tale of Savitar being the first Speedster, that is. It's just something Jay has heard about.

Top Bottom