• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Skii

Just watched the most recent episode and man it was fucking awful. What an absolute waste of time. I already dislike these cross over episodes but this was worse than usual with even less explanation and context which I didn't think was possible with how this season has been going.

I'm thinking Savitar is a fork in the road. He's Barry from a timeline where he didn't listen to Jay's advice, and instead kept manipulating time until he came to see himself as a god.

WedgeX

Banned
I am hoping that Savitar isn't Bart.

The phrases like "is the future Flash," having been trapped in some reality created by Barry. All similar to how Bart grew up in that virtual reality when he was aging too fast thanks to the speed force.

ZeroX03

Banned
Unless Julian is Bart or something ridiculous, it won't be Bart. They're not introducing a major character out of nowhere like that. Also everyone was furious over Jay = Zoom. I think Barry = Savitar is the only one that wouldn't garner anger. Nobody cares about that guy.

That said this Wally, ehhhhh.

Joni

A Bart reveal could work if next season has him arriving as a regular cast-member pre-Savitar time where Barry is basically thinking of ways not to fuck it up.

Dalek

Duet was fantastic. I love the show breaking from the format-it should do it more often. With this universe anything is possible. Plus the talent on these shows is insane. Winn is an amazing singer.

jwk94

Just got to the duet. Loved when Barry said he's not supposed to time travel anymore.

How do these actors film in such cold weather?

Joni

Just got to the duet. Loved when Barry said he's not supposed to time travel anymore.

How do these actors film in such cold weather?

45ec20c66ae87b0d7b545d9efbad1f36.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
Finally caught up on Flash and can we just have Music Meister show up every season. Hell instead of Barry and or Kara getting a pep talk just have Music Meister show up to fix things lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've been falling behind, sorry folks!

New episode tonight! (Before going on a break until April 25...)

#3.18 "Abra Kadabra"
Episode Promo
DC COMICS' CHARACTER ABRA KADABRA VISITS CENTRAL CITY - The Flash (Grant Gustin) battles Abra Kadabra (guest star David Dastmalchian), a villain from Earth-19, who makes him a tempting offer - release him and Abra Kadara will reveal Savitar's true identity. Desperate to save Iris (Candice Patton), Barry considers taking the deal but Gypsy (guest star Jessica Camacho) breaches in to capture the villain for her own reasons and during the melee, Abra Kadabra manages to escape. Barry is furious that Gypsy interfered but Gypsy refuses to back down, forcing Cisco (Carlos Valdes) to take sides. Meanwhile, Julian (Tom Felton) is still a bit cold towards Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) but when she is severely injured in a battle with Gypsy, he rushes to her side so he can inevitably die instead. Nina Lopez-Corrado directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Brooke Roberts & David Kob (#318).

Shaanyboi

Banned
The musical episode was pretty disappointing. They had to constantly cut to the characters outside the dream, re-establish all these new relationships, all cutting time out of actually having fun with the musical episode. If Music Meister just shoved up and everyone was in the dream or just started singing, you could play all these songs as extensions of the characters. Instead, we have Joe, Stein and Merlyn singing some pretty dull song about their kids and a relationship we don't care about.

The difference between this and something like Buffy's musical episode is that by the end of "Once More With Feeling", you come away having learned more about the characters. There are revelations, the songs have a place. The songs are purely and extension of the characters' own journeys. Here? The songs really achieved nothing.

What a waste... 'I'm Your Super Friend' was the only highlight outside of Kara's 'Moon River'.

Damn you, breaks!!!!

Well tonight they better reveal Savitars identity. End tonight on his reveal and leave the audience with a long break sounds good, right?

Magwik

Banned
Damn you, breaks!!!!

Well tonight they better reveal Savitars identity. End tonight on his reveal and leave the audience with a long break sounds good, right?

The best way to fuck with the audience is to reveal that Savitar is Barry and then cut to "THE FLASH WILL RETURN IN A MONTH"

Dispatch

The musical episode was pretty disappointing. They had to constantly cut to the characters outside the dream, re-establish all these new relationships, all cutting time out of actually having fun with the musical episode. If Music Meister just shoved up and everyone was in the dream or just started singing, you could play all these songs as extensions of the characters. Instead, we have Joe, Stein and Merlyn singing some pretty dull song about their kids and a relationship we don't care about.

The difference between this and something like Buffy's musical episode is that by the end of "Once More With Feeling", you come away having learned more about the characters. There are revelations, the songs have a place. The songs are purely and extension of the characters' own journeys. Here? The songs really achieved nothing.

What a waste... 'I'm Your Super Friend' was the only highlight outside of Kara's 'Moon River'.

I agree with all your points, except one, I thought "I'm Your Super Friend" was the biggest offender in terms of being underwhelming and unimportant. It's already been established that Kara and Barry are friends. It didn't add anything. I did like Barry singing to propose to Iris, but that was undercut by the fact that he's already proposed to her once this season.

The whole episode just made me want to watch "Once More with Feeling" again, so I did.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Only parts I liked about the musical episode: hearing Joe's singing voice and hearing the Rachel Bloom written song. The rest of it was meh, although it did remind me that I haven't watched a single episode of Supergirl since the last crossover.

Pics_nao

Another break? The fuck? Just come back in mid March to stop with all the interruptions.

Please tell me Arrow isn't taking any breaks

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
we gettin dat reveal tonight speedforce boys

and even though the break sucks, i will use it to catch up on post-ghost rider AoS

zulux21

finally got caught back up on both flash and supergirl to watch the musical cross over.

while I enjoyed the episode, I really don't like the terrible writing with the relationships in both series leading up to the episode. both Kara and Barry were super annoying in recent episodes just to set up this episode which is lame.

GulAtiCa

I wonder how this thread will hold up if Savitar doesn't reveal himself.

I wonder what will be worse, another episode where it's teased and not revealed or finally revealed, and it's stupid.

It being Future Barry, I'd likely consider it a good reveal (unless they even screw that up)

Nabs

Guys, they already said that they would drag the reveal for a while. At best, a member of the team will find out that it's Barry tonight.

I wonder how this thread will hold up if Savitar doesn't reveal himself.

We went through Zoom's reveal. We should be fine. Not a reveal, but we also went through Bees faster than Barry.

Or..... The Flarrowverse, more specifically, The Flash was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd be shocked if we didn't get a Savitar reveal this episode. We're about to go on break and Kresiberg did the story for this one.

Top Bottom