• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised no one has complained about Barry traveling forwards in a timeline where he shouldn't be there.

I was all ready to go, "Speedforce, bro."

Because it's 2024.
Well if it's Feb 3rd, 2024, that's before the date on the newspaper in the Gideon room, so we good.

I watched this show for the first time in months because I heard we find out who Savitar is this ep.

I don't think I'm gonna watch for the rest of the season.

The torso and leg is that of someone Barry's height and weight. Hair is also gelled back, leading me to believe it's not wally. It's original timeline Flash.

caliph95

While everybody is enjoying Killer Frost i can't just rolling my eyes of the whole Killer Frost having no real motivation and how we got here

Also emo barry is the worst

Did like the confrontation with Top and MM even with barry being an idiot pls HR is the best

sirap

Huh, future Barry actually darkened his voice to match the future recordings from Legends. Pretty neat little detail.

Goes crazy by becoming stuck in the time force. Or She cheated on him with a time remnant.

Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa...

RADIOACTIVE

Piku_Ringo

Banned
We asked for the identity of the dude inside that giant sardine can of a suit. We get a reveal of sardine man's footwear instead.

pX8sydt.gif

WHAAAAAAAAAAT THEEEEEEEE FUUUUUUUUUCK?!!!

Xenoboy

I don't know what's funnier, the reactions or that tease. lmao

I liked the episode, no reveal was disappointing but I don't mind, I find it funny how far they're going with this

DeathyBoy

Banned
I don't know what's funnier, the reactions or that tease. lmao

I liked the episode, no reveal was disappointing but I don't mind, I find it funny how far they're going with this

I always knew this thread would start down the cycle of consisting of Arrow S3 thread style whining. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

The drive by "I didn't watch it but lol never watching again" posts are particularly good.

carlsojo

At this point I think the surprise twist is that Iris is Savitar and she's so fast she can basically be in 2 places at once.

I could totally dig evil Iris tbh.

So Barry did all that work to put Team Flash back together knowing that two months later his future self would just vanish anyways?

I guess it's like the rule of thumb to help people out in whatever timeline you end up in regardless of whether or not it matters. See Star City 2026 for example.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was really really bad. Not even the teasing but just conceptually a bad episode. I'll let them slide on the math being off because whatever. But this big bad scary villain in this future timeline:

Does nothing for months at a time up until he kills Iris. Breaks Wally's spine. And then he's free for 4 MORE YEARS and accomplishes nothing. Doesn't kill Barry or the rest of Team Flash or destroy Central City.

Entire episode in a future timeline to establish that Barry is friends with Cisco, loves Joe, and should believe in his team. Nope, never done that before. It might've had more meaning if Team Flash was fractured in the present timeline, but they're fine.

Xenoboy

I always knew this thread would start down the cycle of consisting of Arrow S3 thread style whining. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

The drive by "I didn't watch it but lol never watching again" posts are particularly good.

I wholeheartedly agree. I know this season isn't up to part with the last two seasons, but it's been serviceable and it's fun to watch and speculate about. It isn't on the level of Arrow S5, but that's okay.

commedieu

Banned
Figured I'd give this show a shot after seeing how the thread is always pegged to the front page.

What a letdown, no reveal plus this episode killed my grandfather. Not watching anymore...

Skux

Tease stingers aside, I really liked the episode. I've harped on about how depressing the show has been in the back half of the season but this time it actually felt justified and meaningful.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I can't imagine how anyone writing or directing this episode couldn't be thinking 'this is really bad, people are going to hate this' throughout the whole thing, an entire episode of bait and switch and then a big fuck you at the end.

They need to knock this show back to square 1 next series, it's gotten way too self-serious and way too focused on the central plot.

Regginator

Terrible episode, I regret wasting 40 minutes of my time. The only reason I watched was finally seeing who the fuck Savitar is, but no, let's stretch that until next week.

Zero clue what mental gymnastics they'll come up with to explain why Barry (in any timeline) would kill Iris.

This. I swear if Savitar is Future Barry, they need to fire every writer they have.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't think there's a satisfying answer to who Savitar is lol. Future Barry seems like the best option to me.

The Extended Promo for "I Know Who You Are" seems to show
that Barry deduces out who Savitar is, so the answer has to be pretty stunningly obvious and somehow shocking or it'll seem like an asspull.
They're in one hell of a corner here.

Xenoboy

In the end, the reveal will be worth it for all the reactions. I don't think the reveal will be particulary satisfying, but I think it'll work, but they shouldn't have dragged it out for so long.

caliph95

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Teaser speculation:
He probably doesn't know he probably just says "you're someone I know aren't you..." and then Savitar will beat the shit out of him and run away.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Only thing that makes sense to me is Ronnie. Killer Frost changed her mind immediately after seeing who it was. Ronnie might get that reaction...maybe? His death was ambiguous enough that'll probably be something like he was thrown into the speed force and felt abandoned by Team Flash. Who knows with motivation, I'm not exactly clear what Savitar is even doing.

Nabs

Teaser speculation:
He probably doesn't know he probably just says "you're someone I know aren't you..." and then Savitar will beat the shit out of him and run away.

Savitar looks like he's about to eject from the transformers suit at the end there. Hopefully that's the end of the episode for more anger.

Dryk

Does nothing for months at a time up until he kills Iris. Breaks Wally's spine. And then he's free for 4 MORE YEARS and accomplishes nothing. Doesn't kill Barry or the rest of Team Flash or destroy Central City.
It was a problem last season as well, they have no idea what to do with speedster villains.

Emwitus

Only thing that makes sense to me is Ronnie. Killer Frost changed her mind immediately after seeing who it was. Ronnie might get that reaction...maybe? His death was ambiguous enough that'll probably be something like he was thrown into the speed force and felt abandoned by Team Flash. Who knows with motivation, I'm not exactly clear what Savitar is even doing.

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that it could be future JULIAN!

caliph95

I feel like she would have bee more emotional if it was, but that could be a writers thing to make it ambiguous

Slayven

Why is Savitar evil? For a big bad he hasn't done a whole lot to be menacing. Other then turning Barry into a festering asshole for no reason

caliph95

Why is Savitar evil? For a big bad he hasn't done a whole lot to be menacing. Other then turning Barry into a festering asshole for no reason
Because he hates Barry for trapping him in the speedforce, who only trapped him because he attacked for trapping him in the Speedforce and hates Barry because he's .... a dick i guess. no idea

Think i got some details wrong

Top Bottom