• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Something that I now just realised is that McLaren should be able to go for WCC this year. If Button would back up Hamilton and both drive reasonably they could pull off constant double podiumfinishes. They deserve if for having the best driver line-up in years!

Should've been happening since 2010 tbh

Again, it's completely reasonable given the world we currently live in - something which cannot be ignored, especially when negotiating expensive contracts.

And even if you do ignore the outside world, over the last few years Hamilton hasn't really proved that he deserves anything more than parity with Button when it comes to his salary. It's all very easy to point to the current championship standings and claim, as you have, that Hamilton is 'destroying' Button, but by that same yard stick, Button destroyed Hamilton last year.

On the right day, he might be very bloody fast, but he's woefully inconsistent and incredibly volatile off-track. He's the complete antithesis of Alonso and Schumacher (in his prime), and it's that quality (coupled with speed) that really warrants the 'silly' money.

While I'm still here I'd like to disagree with you.

In 2011 Hamilton was woefully incosistent and volatile off-track. In 2009, 2010 and 2012 he was mighty whenever his car allowed him to. He won and drove to pole in that terrible wreck that McLaren had in 2009, he was a big championship contenter in 2010 only to fail because of 2 overtakings (Massa at Monza and Webber at Singapore, for something that would get penalies nowadays) and also in 2012 he has been faultless, finishing outside of points only because of Maldonado, puncture and Grosjean.

His behaviour at Spa would have been an insta-firing if he were anyone but a driver. Hell, even some drivers further down the grid might not have survived it.

It thought the entire world agreed that it was Grosjean's fault?

Or are you referring to the handsignal he made at Grosjean after leaving his car, there are plenty of Alonso and Vettel examples for that too :)

*edit*
Ooooh, you referred to the car-data incident.
That's just politics, to get better deals or just to make his choise easier :)
And using just this for calling the driver incredibly volatile is overreacting badly, he has been "a good boy" for an entire year, always serene before the camera, no dumb of silly remarks.

For the record, I hate him being a cheap Ali-G rip-off nowadays, but I just love it when he's in that car, shutting the hell up and driving the wheels of the Macca

Addnan

Anyone watching GP2? A guy got black flagged after failing to go for a drive through penalty, now he's not leaving the race. Apparently turned of his headset and ignoring pit boards

Adamm

Anyone watching GP2? A guy got black flagged after failing to go for a drive through penalty, now he's not leaving the race. Apparently turned of his headset and ignoring pit boards

Missed it this morning (just watched the last few laps)

Who was it? What happened to him?

Addnan

Missed it this morning (just watched the last few laps)

Who was it? What happened to him?
Don't know his name since I don't really watch GP2. His team wasn't happy, there was footage of them shouting down the radio. He ignored the pit board for 10 laps. Then when he did come in it was because he was having car problems and not because of the black flags.

Risgroo

Don't know his name since I don't really watch GP2. His team wasn't happy, there was footage of them shouting down the radio. He ignored the pit board for 10 laps. Then when he did come in it was because he was having car problems and not because of the black flags.

Does Maldonado have a shitkid brother?

I can picture it now.

"So Hamilton will you be driving for Mercedes next year?"

Actual quote:

"Eh, now Lewis, far be it from me to discuss this sort of thing... you've won the race... magnificent, a magnificent achievement... I've never seen a drive like it, except for maybe Damon Hill in Spa, 1998... but what I want to know... and I'm sure, all of these lovely... wonderful fans here want to know as well... ha ha... "

I didn't even make it to the question and I'm already too bored to finish it.

DBT85

Hoping that Hamilton and Maldonado both get good starts today and that after T1 the top 3 are in grid order. I want Hamilton to be able to get a bit of a lead if possible.

Hoping that Hamilton and Maldonado both get good starts today and that after T1 the top 3 are in grid order. I want Hamilton to be able to get a bit of a lead if possible.

In that case you should hope for Gros to get a good start and Prupose to get a bad start. That will almost guarantee ruining Alonsos race

eddieshoutqtuw3.gif

Omiee

Maldonado will take out vettel i just know it.

Its going to be alonso will be champion with mclaren taking the constructor.

Did eddie and coulthard sign for next year?

DBT85

i think he actually has a contract with RBR. He seems to be there for all their press related things.

He does I'm sure. But for this he is working for the BBC even if RB have provided the car for the piece. I'm just surprised that's all, working in TV I hear about a lot of the complaints that get sent in to various stations and some are farcical lol.

I'm also guessing that they would loan him the car for a recording as long as he pimps them via race suit and stuff, I see no problem with that and red bull are usually quite open with doing stuff, advertising for them.

Dilly

Banned
Too bad Maldonado's lows are so low, considering some things he has shown this year.

-edit

65% humidity? They're basically swimming in Singapore.

Omiee

i dont get why they put people in front of cars etc when every inch of the car is exposed when they are driving the car.

Top Bottom