• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

bdrob

That was all down to Grosjean again.

I thought it was more Perez / Di Resta to be honest, they just cut corners and gave no consideration to the guys (Grosjean / Webber) who stayed on the track.

Perez just tried to storm through the corner from a wide (off track) angle despite Grosjean already being on the apex ... can't pin this one on the man imo.

dalin80

Banned
About as much as Alonso earlier in the season.

If you take luck out of it, then Hamilton should probably win this race... hell, probably the season as well.

Take out all the nonsense and hamilton would have already won this season, has been untouchable for most of the season when mclaren arent forgetting to put wheels on or hit by amateurs or...

Like in football, I usually say that luck normally evens itself out over the course of the season, but contrasting the luck that Hamilton has had to Vettel's over the last few years, I'm beginning to question that philosophy.

Vettel was like the driver who lost the most points because of technical problems in the last years.

though Hamilton is truly not the luckiest driver in the F1 history.

Ark

Like in football, I usually say that luck normally evens itself out over the course of the season, but contrasting the luck that Hamilton has had to Vettel's over the last few years, I'm beginning to question that philosophy.

It's the Schumacher effect.

In the three years Hamilton was in and Schumacher was out we had two (nearly 3) British titles, since Schumacher has been back Vettel has had the most unbelievable luck time and time again.

Or maybe it's just this tin hat..

Jinjo

They are really bad losers arent they? Vettel drove the shit out of that car today.

Dont give me that vettel is lucky bullshit.

Alonso was gifted the valencia win when vettel was 20 seconds in front and got that safety car and alternator failure.

Dude. You can't deny this is some goddamn pure luck that has been thrown into his lap today. Nothing against him taking advantage of it, but luck is luck.

Lol @ Kimi: yeahyeah, I know

Omiee

Vettel was like the driver who lost the most points because of technical problems in the last years.

though Hamilton is truly not the luckiest driver in the F1 history.

People forget about 2010 because of 2011. And tend to give him a hard time because of newey this year.

Yen

Sniff Petrol ‏@sniffpetrol
"Mr Raikkonen? I'm calling about your broadband package" "It's not a good time. Piss off" #F1

Lach

They are really bad losers arent they? Vettel drove the shit out of that car today.

Dont give me that vettel is lucky bullshit.

Alonso was gifted the valencia win when vettel was 20 seconds in front and got that safety car and alternator failure.

What I read from this post, is that if Vettel profits from a safety car it's all his own achievement, but if Alonso profits from safety car he's been giving a gift?

You might call Ferrari bad losers, but Red Bull whined all over that safety car period in valencia.

[edit] sorry for this slightly provocative post. I'm not fully serious.

Ah well, I had a little hope Alonso could go for the championship if Vettel didn't score points, championship still over but at least we got a very good race. Hopefully the next 2 are entertaining like this one.

Top Bottom