• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Road

Driver's championship:
Code:
77	Sebastian Vettel
67	Kimi Räikkönen
48	Lewis Hamilton
47	Fernando Alonso
36	Mark Webber

Great race from Kimi and, well, Vettel.

Alonso basically had 2 compromised races this year and 2 where he could race properly, when he finished 1st and 2nd.

With this horrible race for Ferrari, Lotus is ahead now:
Code:
113	Red Bull Racing-Renault
 93	Lotus-Renault
 77	Ferrari
 52	Mercedes

Igo

I think Lewis could've been on the podium without that gearbox penalty.

Vettel, Alonso, Lewis, Di Resta and Perez completely dominating their tm's today.

TCRS

Banned
wth is this now? can we get the good ol fashioned ceremony back? not a standard podium? no awkward podium interviews? fucking hell.

Goldrusher

podium-bahrain-12.jpg

LOL

Same result as last year.

Ce-Lin

Alonso, Spanish TV, "RedBull is only as weak as Webber is" take that as you wish, I think he meant RBR bad luck or poor strategies/set-ups only affect Webber, not Webber quality as a driver ? sure he did ?

Alonso, Spanish TV, "RedBull is only as weak as Webber is" take that as you wish, I think he meant RBR bad luck or poor strategies/set-ups only affect Webber, not Webber quality as a driver ? sure he did ?

like how Ferrari fucks the races of Massa in a mysterious way.

Oh well, despite that we have another easy Vettel victory, it was an interesting race.

Ferrari had 0 luck today, but at least Alonso got some points out of it. Untill now, Ferrari seemed okay with the Pirelli tires, lets see how they respond to this race and what it will do.

There is always next race.

Or the race after that.

Igo

There were like 3 GPs with different winners, who all won in a dominate way. But Vettel = boring season?
I thought China was pretty boring. This race had much better midfield action so I enjoyed it.

Vettel won't be running away with the championship. The Ferrari in Alonso's hands is pretty damn fast.

Ce-Lin

had to give Vettel his impressive battling at the start and his tyre management compared to Webber, everything else is Newey's brains driving from the distance.

Omiee

I thought China was pretty boring. This race had much better midfield action so I enjoyed it.

Vettel won't be running away with the championship. The Ferrari in Alonso's hands is pretty damn fast.

Didnt you read most of the posts? Last race was awesome when alonso won.

This race with all the battles etc is boring since vettel won.

Most experts still think Alonso & Hamilton are the best drivers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17299158

Dilly

Banned
Nah he does not have to. Vettel is underrated on this forum but not by the experts. Hew was pretty high on the bbc list last year.

COULTHARD!!!!!!

Congratulations.

But I see you're back into full Omiee mode, you're such a Vettel.

Britprog

Merc messed up with the tyre strategy for Lewis. It was MED MED HARD HARD. He had no pace on MED if they stuck to Hards all the way after the 1st stop he would have been on the podium.

Omiee

I find it very amusing kimi and vettel have to be reminded not to swear lol.

Congratulations.

But I see you're back into full Omiee mode, you're such a Vettel.

Mister grumpy, must be awfull being a alonso fan right? you're such an alonso :)

MrKaepora

Great race with great fights in various moments. Perez was top notch and very agressive showing to his critics that he needs time to adjust to the Mclaren but it's a great driver. Alonso was unlucky, not so unlucky as Massa, but managed to do a great race without DRS. Lotus with a great strategy putting the two cars on the podium. Vettel, did a great race but was lucky with the problems with the Alonso's car and the Lotus starting in the back. Di Resta, give everything he had but wasn't enough.

I think that overall we are going have a great season just like the last one.

DBT85

Vettel will prove himself when he isn't in a Newey car. It could still be at RBR.

He is a great driver, but him and that car as a combo does make some race wins boring. This race was plenty exciting, just not for the top spot for like 80% of the race.

I hope that Kimi takes Webbers seat next year.

jey_16

Banned
Vettel walking this championship, difference is when he has struggled he has still been able to get good points, apart from Kimi....everyone else has been hopeless.

Three weeks until Barcelona now :(

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Merc messed up with the tyre strategy for Lewis. It was MED MED HARD HARD. He had no pace on MED if they stuck to Hards all the way after the 1st stop he would have been on the podium.

He did outstanding job with that tire chewer of Mercedes

Top Bottom