• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Omiee

Impressive race for renault. Really hope they can have a good good engine next year.

Is that still a thing after the last races?

The same excuse is used a million times already.

I wish we could use the same excuse for webber since he is in the same car.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yay, I will miss next race due to my trip to Luxembourg and other parts of Benelux

True WTF happened to Rosberg!!!
Lewis was stuck behind after start and he did not race other drivers as much as Rosberg. Because of this he could watch his tires far better than Rosberg.

Imagine if Pirelli brought soft compound here....

Ce-Lin

my calculator says ALO would have ended 3rd had not Ferrari gambled with the DRS, had they decided not to use it anymore after the pit-stop to shut it down, two pit-stops in a row meant +30 secs for ALO, 8th place and overtaking without DRC says a lot, Kimi, Hamilton and Alonso are my favorite drivers in that order, Vettel is in a place where even Spain's mighty Sun can't shine.

Omiee

What a race by grosjean btw. Horrible qualiying but really good race. Having fresh set of tires helped a lot as well i reckon.

Wauw anyone see that front wing ending up in the cockpit of that sauber car in the first lap?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
my calculator says ALO would have ended 3rd had not Ferrari gambled with the DRS, had they decided not to use it anymore after the pit-stop to shut it down, two pit-stops in a row meant +30 secs for ALO, 8th place and overtaking without DRC says a lot, Kimi, Hamilton and Alonso are my favorite drivers in that order, Vettel is in a place where even Spain's mighty Sun can't shine.

They had to try if it would work after first malfunction. They should ask Mercedes about it, they have a lot of experience with stuck DRS :D

Alonso had some luck with drivers wasting tires in front of him in battles (Button, Rosberg)

Has anyone seen any Button interviews? I want to see if he whines about how his teammate dared to race him (whilst he was massively holding him up).

As annoying as Omiee can be, more annoying is how all of his "betters" keep reacting to him. It's making this thread shit, even on race day.

Give it a fucking break.

DBT85

Has anyone seen any Button interviews? I want to see if he whines about how his teammate dared to race him (whilst he was massively holding him up).

He said that he overheated his tyres too much, that the racing was excellent out there today, except Checo who was too aggressive. At 300kph you don't expect your team mate to pull alongside and bang wheels.

Deadman

Hmm with the predictions i should do about as well as last week. 3 correct + fastest lap and a few wrong but still close enough for points.

Adamm

Yeah sorry guys.

I'm probably quite a big part of shitting up this thread arguing with Omiee.

I'll try to ignore him for my own (and others) sanity.

DBT85

wow @ that 3d analysis on Sky showing Sutil and Massa. Had no idea that could be done technically.

With all 4 tyres as tracking points its probably not that difficult. It's still very clever.

It'll also be being done for specific parts, not the entire race.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
As annoying as Omiee can be, more annoying is how all of his "betters" keep reacting to him. It's making this thread shit, even on race day.

Give it a fucking break.

That's pretty much why I just don't post in the thread much. I thought there would be more good discussions, but it always just get's overwhelmed and turned in to a fanboy bitch fest.

DBT85

Lol.

Sky have Button and Whitmarsh together live on air

Button: To be fair I blame Martin, what did you say last week? "be more agressive?"

Ark

iEoKmjILEgbcU.png

My apologies to Ferrari, my cursed predictions strike again.

More impressive race than I expected today, some fantastic racing on the track. Actually quite surprised that Hamilton managed to come home in 5th, good result for him considering how poor the Mercedes was this weekend, Rosberg not so much.

A real shame about Alonso and Massa, I really expected them to be up there this weekend, hopefully this spurs Pirelli into making tyres that don't die after three laps.

jey_16

Banned
Pirelli should investigate the tyre failures but this weekend showed that in terms of performance and tyre life, there is nothing wrong. Some teams had issues but I really hope Pirelli don't change the compounds

Zeknurn

A very enjoyable race all through.
Solid driving by Vettel, Räikkönen, Grosjean, Di Resta, Hamilton and the McLaren boys.

I'm glad to see that Grosjean is back after that rocky start of the season. Europe should be good for Lotus. Shame thing for Force India if they could have some tiny bit of luck come their way.

A shame that Di Resta missed out on his first podium but I'm sure he will get it this season.

I think Räikkönen has started training a bit too early for becoming a Red Bull driver with two Webber starts in a row.

Lastly, I'm wondering where the blame is to be put for the DRS and tyre failures at Ferrari. What happens if it turns out Pirelli is to blame for the tyres? A fine?

Barcelona will be exciting no doubt.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
jblaAgLa7TCV3F.JPG

I correctly got 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 7th which isn't too bad I guess.

It was a great race, which is surprising because I find this track boring as hell. Vettel dominated, that boy, too good. The opening few laps against Rosberg and Alonso were fantastic.

It's a shame what happened to Alonso, but he did pretty good managing the situation though. I don't think he could have won as Vettel just looked rock solid today. Massa Jesus, that guy can't catch a break.

And fuck yeah Lotus, nice work boys. Kimi, love ya man. You can never count that guy out, no matter how shitty the situation looks. Grojean did well, hopefully he gets a bit more confidence now.

Di Resta! Good show man, good show! Would have been cool to see Force India on the podium, they've really improved.

Hamilton and Perez did great. Rosberg, Button, and Webber, not so much. This could be the boost Perez needs to get his gears running, Button better not let up.

Overall the race was more than I expected.

Top Bottom