• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Ark

Pirelli should investigate the tyre failures but this weekend showed that in terms of performance and tyre life, there is nothing wrong. Some teams had issues but I really hope Pirelli don't change the compounds

I couldn't possibly disagree more.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Pirelli will have to do something, 2 delaminations in one weekend and one tire explosion in the race is just too much. There is some kind of construction problem with these tires.

Adamm

Pirelli will have to do something, 2 delaminations in one weekend and one tire explosion in the race is just too much. There is some kind of construction problem with these tires.

Yeah, tires wearing out fast is one thing, but what happened to Massa & Hamilton needs to be investigated.
Could have ended very badly each time

I know I should be happy for Kimi's result but I'm not.

If he had a shorter first stint and a longer second he would've easily challenged for the win.

I think I'm getting Kimi's disease, nothing makes me happy but a win now..

Glad to see he's in a solid second position after round 4, and hopefully he'll capitalise on Lotus' form because we all know they'll fall behind sooner or later

Kimi for WDC 2013!! That would be AWESOMEEEEE

If he had a shorter first stint and a longer second he would've easily challenged for the win.

Not today. Vettel had a lot more to take out of his tyres than what he actually did (Ted Kravitz reckons his tyres looked good enough to have two stopped). In the end he could have been 20+ seconds up the road.

Fantomex

Supervettelfan#1 is better left ignored. It really makes the experience here better.

I fell asleep and missed it, but those first 5 laps were great to watch.

Ce-Lin

Fernando-Alonso-DRS_2933294.jpg

can't get any more miserable than this... can't believe he kept the car on track during the few first opening laps with so much grip gone...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Paging Sunhi - gif of rear tire explosion from Felipe's car would be greatly appreciated

as for Fernando - DRS wing went off normal operational zone and it could not close because of that. It worked on his first DRS lap, but then suddenly got stucked well above normal DRS active wing flap height.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lewis is mystified by his car behaviour today

"The race started so badly. I wanted to get a good start, but I got a terrible start. Then I was so slow. I was nowhere, no speed at all."

"No matter what I did to the car, it didn't get any faster."

"All of a sudden something happened after the second pitstop; all of a sudden the car started reacting differently and I could push again. It must have been something that happened to the car in qualifying when we changed the gearbox, and it sorted itself."

Team statistic after four races, compared to 2012 season:

RBR at 109 points, they had 101 last year after 4 races.
Lotus also Ferrari like jump, 93 points (57 points last year)
Ferrari much better, 77 points (45 points last year)
Mercedes at 64 points (37 points last year)
Force India at 26 points (17 points last year)
Mclaren abysmal start of the season, 23 points (92 points last year)
STR 7 points (6 points last year)
Sauber is struggling, only 5 points so far (31 points last year)
Williams 0 points (18 points last year)

Dead Man

Was just looking at the calendar. I agree with whoever said it was awful, way too many two and three week breaks. =/

Jokes? It used to be that almost every race was 2 weeks apart. I agree the calender is rubbish this year, but I don't expect a race every weekend.

Scuderia

Hmmm, 2 weeks tomorrow i go off to Barcelona. Luckily i have a track record of not seeing Vettel win, i hope to continue this trend.

"We were very, unlucky," Alonso said.

"In four races we've had two very unlucky moments.

"But it will come for the others and in that moment we will take our opportunity."

Alonso, who has won and finished runner-up in his two clean races of 2013, said his DRS woes massively compromised his race.

"It was very difficult," he added.

"I stopped two times in two laps so was at the back of the group, with no DRS to pass.

"The race became very, very difficult."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106957

Perfect new avatar:
nXMDKlR.jpg

And a slap on the wrist for Webber:

Mark Webber has been reprimanded by the stewards following this afternoon’s Bahrain Grand Prix. The Australian, taking part in his 200th race, was deemed guilty of causing a collision with pole-sitter Nico Rosberg at the second corner on Lap 38.

Webber, who finished seventh, rejoined the track just ahead of Rosberg following his third stop, holding the inside line at the first corner. The Red Bull driver then moved towards the apex at Turn 2, but he left little room for his rival and the pair collided.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/293648/webber-given-reprimand-by-stewards/

Webber's time in f1 is done. There's no point in keeping him.

A mid season swap wouldn't be the worst thing for the team and him.

Vettel's ability to go fast and not destroy tires is really impressive.

Button is such a whiny idiot. "Calm him down guys!". What an idiot. Perez came alive today in the McLaren. Hopefully he has settled in now because I like Perez.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Button is such a whiny idiot. "Calm him down guys!". What an idiot. Perez came alive today in the McLaren. Hopefully he has settled in now because I like Perez.

Well, Perez calmed down and Button overcooked his tires. Karma, dear Jenson.

Yeah Button was being a bit silly really. It doesn't seem that there's much respect between the two of them, which could bode well for more entertaining clashes in the future.

I was gutted that the race got neutered so early with Alonso and Sutil both getting the short straw, but there was a decent amount of action throughout the race. Another weekend of terrible predictions though. Still, I'd rather this than a return to predictable borefests.

Yeah Button was being a bit silly really. It doesn't seem that there's much respect between the two of them, which could bode well for more entertaining clashes in the future.

I think the problem is that Button just figured he would be number one at McLaren now that Lewis has been pushed out. He must hate it that Perez beat him today, you could see it in his interview that he is upset that management didn't tell Perez to hold position. If anything Button should have let Perez past to try and chase 5th. Button strikes me as a very petty person.

I can support that only if Boullier somehow isn't involved. Like maybe he loses his job because he was caught nuts deep in a farmyard animal or something.

God I hate that guy.

DBT85

I think the problem is that Button just figured he would be number one at McLaren now that Lewis has been pushed out. He must hate it that Perez beat him today, you could see it in his interview that he is upset that management didn't tell Perez to hold position. If anything Button should have let Perez past to try and chase 5th. Button strikes me as a very petty person.

I didn't get that from his interview (the one with Whitmarsh) at all. He seemed to genuinely have no problem racing his teamate, he just doesn't want to go out of the race as a result.

I can support that only if Boullier somehow isn't involved. Like maybe he loses his job because he was caught nuts deep in a farmyard animal or something.

God I hate that guy.

It feels good not being the only one with unreasonable hate against Boullier. Replacing Heidfeld with Grosjean mid-season was a total cunt move, especially after Heidfeld did reasonably well, but there's more that makes my blood boil, whenever I see or hear him.

I didn't get that from his interview (the one with Whitmarsh) at all. He seemed to genuinely have no problem racing his teamate, he just doesn't want to go out of the race as a result.

He seemed very bitter about Perez beating him, kept going on about how it was good from the team. I think Button is not a winner and faced with a character in his team who is a winner he struggles. He managed to push Hamilton out but with the rumours floating around that Telmex are going take over from Vodafone as title sponsors from next season Button will have to deal with Perez for the long haul.

I'm pretty sure that Button is unhappy about Perez making contact with his car twice. And quite frankly, I would be too.

One of those times was completely Button's fault, and he knows it. What he did to block Perez overtaking was very clever, but very risky.

The team should have just told Button they were on different strategies and that he needed to get out of the way.

Interesting stat. Kimi has been on the podium 6 times in Bahrain in 9 races in the Circuit's history. He wasn't racing in 1 of those 9 so 6 out of 8 and never won it

Tell me, is there a place to buy Alonso his cap (The one in my avatar)? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I hate how it's so hard to find these caps sometimes, it took me months to find Kimi his Ferrari cap at the time.

John_B

Mercedes looked pretty bad today. Rosberg was just fighting to not get swallowed by a train of cars. Somehow Hamilton pulled a fifth place out of his ass. Rosberg seems to be right up there with Hamilton on pace, but only one of them is harvesting good points.

Perez does not seem like he is in much control of his own driving. It looks like every defensive or offensive fight he is in will end in a huge collision. He must have touched other cars some 20 times already this season without retiring. He showed some great pace today, but he really needs to be more relaxed.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lol, 12 points on GP predictor, lost 16 places :D

I do not know how will i predict for Barcelona, because i will be offline from 8th May and race is on 12th. Probably I will just made blind prediction before I go to my journey.

Adamm

Woo 46 points in gppredictor!
Up 7 places after last weeks disaster of dropping from 3rd to 18th

I can still catch Pants!

Adamm

Is there a reason there are so many 3 week gaps this year?
I know we are missing 1 race from the calender, but normally its 2 weeks between each race, with the occasional 1 week & 3 week gap and the one off 4 week gap in the summer

Chris R

37 points, not terrible but no way I can catch up now I think as long as I'm batting under what the front runners are doing.

Stupid Ferrari screwing up my stuff!

Top Bottom