• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Haven't watched quali and don't want to be spoiled. Could a good citizen of GAF PM me a place where I can watch qualification? I have no idea how to even google for such a thing because I know I'd end up being spoiled by a news headline if I search for it. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out here.

Making this post was difficult cause I had to close my eyes and find the post comment button. Can't read this thread yet.

ANDY_098

Haven't watched quali and don't want to be spoiled. Could a good citizen of GAF PM me a place where I can watch qualification? I have no idea how to even google for such a thing because I know I'd end up being spoiled by a news headline if I search for it. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out here.

Making this post was difficult cause I had to close my eyes and find the post comment button. Can't read this thread yet.

It was cancelled after Q1 because of rain, it will be run on Sunday morning before the race.

You're in for a bit of disappointment...

Jinjo

Ah, so the thread is hidden away in OT community.

The new Dutch commentary is so bad!

Good to know. Now I don't have to feel guilty about not buying a subscription. Watching it on RTL, improving my german at the same time lol. Really hate the lock my favourite sport behind the coder-trend going on though.

Aaaaand the BBC is back bitches.

Shame they have not much to recap lol

Oh man F1 is back, so excited.

This year I can watch sky on my ipad so it should be a lot easier then having to go take over our main room for hours at a time, I also have no bets on anyone yet so I should get around to that, not that I won anything last year :(

BBC only have about half the races again this year?

Also ah forgot to make a fantasy team, oh well.

Maaan that rain...

image.php

Sorry had to avatar quote that

Bah. Have to hope that my Tivo will record the qualifying highlights properly tomorrow. It's not currently showing on the schedule so I've told it to record every show that's when it should be.

Zeknurn

Bloody hell, fell asleep 10 minutes before qualifying. Looks like I didn't miss much, qualifying and the race the same day means little to no sleep at all now.

Shame. I was hoping for a SunhiLegend quality gif of this.
8Mb194V.gif

Your gifs are the reason I lurked F1GAF before I was approved.

cmr-94

Just got round to watching cos i was traveling last night (good thing to)

Feel sorry for anyone who had to wait around. The rearranged qualy means i will be getting even less sleep tonight :(

And Massa was stupidly lucky!

cmr-94

Not as lucky as Hamilton. Had reversing not unbeached him it would have been an embarrassing way to go out of Q1.

Yeah and that..Rosberg looked much more impressive

I just couldn't believe Massa's suspension didn't break. The impact was pretty heavy

Lucius86

Banned
Suzy Perry was utter crap as a host in the lunch time quali show.

Qualifying has totally fucked up my plans now for tomorrow. Heading out tonight for a massive one, was hoping to head home and watch the race blind drunk, then sleep, but now I have to record quali, watch it first, then head off to football, then come back and watch the race ages later.

Lucius86

Banned
What did she do wrong? It was a highlights show, there wasn't much to do.

Speaking without stuttering would be a good start. She also sounds and talks to you like a teacher, and I know it's early days but I saw no real chemistry between her and anyone on there.

Still better than Lazenby. Though I suspect putting a large rock in front of the camera would provide more compelling viewing than Lazenby manages.

Why is Whiting still head of race control? every time bad weather hits a race weekend he goes with the whole routine of delaying and delaying, the more years pass by the more they delay races due to rain, F1 maybe should be like NASCAR and if it rains the meeting is cancelled because anything other than light showers means a very very dangerous condition for cars and drivers.

Adamm

Why is Whiting still head of race control? every time bad weather hits a race weekend he goes with the whole routine of delaying and delaying, the more years pass by the more they delay races due to rain, F1 maybe should be like NASCAR and if it rains the meeting is cancelled because anything other than light showers means a very very dangerous condition for cars and drivers.

How does that work. Are NASCAR races cheap to put on? Do people not care?

I cant see them ever cancelling a formula 1 race, under any circumstances. They would sooner sit behind the safety car for 50 laps than cancel it.
There is too much money involved

Addnan

Speaking without stuttering would be a good start. She also sounds and talks to you like a teacher, and I know it's early days but I saw no real chemistry between her and anyone on there.
Hmm, when she was interviewing Christian Horner you could tell she was struggling to get some words out, but I'm sure it will improve as she gets more comfortable with the sport and gets to know the people.
I hope

Adamm

Hmm, when she was interviewing Christian Horner you could tell she was struggling to get some words out, but I'm sure it will improve as she gets more comfortable with the sport and gets to know the people.
I hope

Yeah.

Jake was awful at the start too. Give her a few races to see how it goes.

Although I thought the same thing about Simon Lazenby too :(

TylerD

How does that work. Are NASCAR races cheap to put on? Do people not care?

I cant see them ever cancelling a formula 1 race, under any circumstances. They would sooner sit behind the safety car for 50 laps than cancel it.
There is too much money involved

They don't cancel a NASCAR race if there is rain and make every attempt necessary to try to get the race in. If they havent reached a certain point they can reschedule as well.There are jet driers mounted on trucks that will make laps to dry the track out.

They only have slicks and the heavily banked turns mean that any rain will cause massive problems. The road course races will run in the wet and wet tires are provided.

The cars are much harder to drive in the wet than they used to be given that they're so heavily reliant on aero. There's not much he can do.

As for Perry, I've never been keen on her but its way too early to judge her. Not only does it take time to adjust to a new crew and that comes with the F1 circus, but it's easily the biggest job she's ever had. Big pressure.

Chris R

Nice that NBC is going to show Q2/Q3. Means I have to stay away from this thread for a few hours so it is "live" to me.

Only flaw that I personally have with the stuff yesterday was the late start time. If they started earlier there would be more time to get everything in before the daylight was gone. If they started at 9 AM Europe could stay up late and watch the race :p

Adamm

Nice that NBC is going to show Q2/Q3. Means I have to stay away from this thread for a few hours so it is "live" to me.

Only flaw that I personally have with the stuff yesterday was the late start time. If they started earlier there would be more time to get everything in before the daylight was gone. If they started at 9 AM Europe could stay up late and watch the race :p

I was thinking the same thing, 9AM in Australia would be 8pm/9pm here, so its not even late.
Although 9AM is a very early start for a race, but they could have even started at 11am & it could have worked for European audiences.

Top Bottom