• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Dead Man

True, but there is barely enough room for two cars to go through side by side at that corner even if they slowly lined it up. It is one of the few overtaking spots on the circuit and you cannot allow people who do not want to give up their position to simply jump across the middle and get away with it.

Similarly you can't just tell drives it is okay to kamikaze through there and the other guy will get penalised if they avoid the crash. This case was iffy both ways.

Jibbed

untitled-1448uxo.gif

I don't think that should have been a penalty.

Same, Alonso was ahead (just) at the apex of the corner.

DBT85

True, but there is barely enough room for two cars to go through side by side at that corner even if they slowly lined it up. It is one of the few overtaking spots on the circuit and you cannot allow people who do not want to give up their position to simply jump across the middle and get away with it.

I agree, but the pass is usually made earlier than that, With where Perez makes the pass the only way alonso doesn't go off the track is if he stops in record time.

Basically Perez wins because Alonso has no track left to drive on.

Road

SO perez should put his car there and leave no space to the car in front and he will be able to overtake anyone? This is a bad precedent set by the stewards because if Alonso turned into the corner it would have ended badly for both.

I agree. The next time someone tries this it will end up badly, because the other car will make everything to stay inside the track.

DBT85

So how have Merc fixed their tyres?

As I said before the race, Monaco has an average speed of 99MPH, it has no heavy braking zones, it has no high speed corners and the cars have less fuel than anywhere else.

Little surprise that Merc were better here, though I didn't expect them to be better than RBR.

Though they do have the fastest car.

They were able to test the tires at spain.

They were not testing those tyres.

DBT85

Perez doing the same thing again.

I'm going through and if you don't stop on a sixpence I get the place har har har.

Hackbert

wow. Perez is a tad too aggressive. It is fun to watch, but damn risky here
damn i want Hamilton to overtake Webber. he has definitely more speed

NHale

I blame the stewards. You can't go into the corner like a maniac and hope others allow you to simply overtake. But when you blame the person that avoid a collision, this is what you get. Lucky not to crash because Kimi was the smart person there.

Top Bottom