• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Shaneus

Ugh, fuck you Channel 10 for cutting everything short and squeezing as many ads in as possible. Cunts.

Did webber just troll Vettel on the podium?

He wants to win the next race, but can't remember where it is!
Holy shit, I didn't think about that, but it could well have been a troll effort!

Was the location of Webber's first win, too. Either that or Hockenheim, I'm not sure what it is this year.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
We will see if the Pirelli test solved their race pace in hotter races as well.

I think it was not only for that test, they changed something on their car, i think that is something with rear suspension. But now we do not know, if they used that 'test' for testing new components or not. Did they take that huge gamble?

EDIT: Lewis had damage on the rear of his car, probably quite lucky that flying parts did not breach the gearbox

operon

Enjoyed the race Pirelli's tyres shit like what the stumbling fan ate. and any teams having problems with tyres should see if pirelli need a tyre test, young drivers test us a great price to pay to fix them.

Ugh, fuck you Channel 10 for cutting everything short and squeezing as many ads in as possible. Cunts.

Holy shit, I didn't think about that, but it could well have been a troll effort!

Was the location of Webber's first win, too. Either that or Hockenheim, I'm not sure what it is this year.

That's what I'm thinking, Vettel has never won his home GP. One final FU from Webber?

kharma45

What did he say?

"The safety is the biggest issue, it's unacceptable. We had that tyre test to improve the tyre and to have four blowouts is unacceptable. It's only when someone gets hurt that someone will be doing something about it. I think it's a waste of time talking to the FIA, and if they don't do anything that says a lot about them."

NHale

Hopefully that'll be the end of the "Vettel luck" bullshit that we keep seeing.

I wonder if anything will happen about all those tyre failures.

Looks like Alonso's luck (especially being just missed by that tyre) has helped him significantly in the driver's championship.

Alonso admits his luck? Wow.

So we should end with "Vettel luck" bullshit but start with "Alonso luck" again? That makes sense. Hilarious.

Webber could have won if he hadn't done a really bad start (again).

They have rolling starts in the WEC, don't they (not that the starts make as much difference there)? :p

Meteorain

details please, I no longer have access to the TV.
He was saying that even thoug they had performed tests to speficially avoid this it was unacceptable that this did happen. Especially so frequently with 4 cars.

When asked if the drivers will sit down and talk to Pirelli about these tyre issues, he said it would be utterly pointless talking to them at this point. That the only way the situation would truly be rectified is once someone gets hurt.

Vettel is not the best driver out there. People can match him. He has the Best car out there that's for sure.

It's a pointless discussion, who is the best.

He did nothing wrong this weekend or the other races, so a WDC title wouldn't be undeserved, so not sure why people need to discussion who is the best.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
1010264_10151640967132860_758886860_n.jpg

Shaneus

That's what I'm thinking, Vettel has never won his home GP. One final FU from Webber?
Hopefully not a final one. I'm thinking maybe another 9 or 10? I forget how many races are left.

"The safety is the biggest issue, it's unacceptable. We had that tyre test to improve the tyre and to have four blowouts is unacceptable. It's only when someone gets hurt that someone will be doing something about it. I think it's a waste of time talking to the FIA, and if they don't do anything that says a lot about them."
Good shit, Lewis.

Yup, I was watching one ONE.

When they were talking about people running across the track, they pulled back a bit and a guy jumping a barrier stacked it and ate the grass.
Bahaha, nice. This is why we need Sunhi :(

dalin80

Banned
About blaming the curbs. The track is not new. I don't think they made any changes this year. How can you blame that?

It's odd that all the punctures happened to the same tyre, does suggest that something is up with the track, a bit of a raised lip on a kerb plate somewhere.

Did Vettel stop out on the track in order to bring out the SC and help Webber?

After he lost drive there must have been a few places to get off the track if he had wanted to?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It's odd that all the punctures happened to the same tyre, does suggest that something is up with the track, a bit of a raised lip on a kerb plate somewhere.

Was Perez on medium or hard compound? Rosberg's hard tyre had signs of delamination when he arrived on 2nd pitstop.

hylje

Kimi just passed Schumi on the most consecutive points finishes. 25 in a row.

Though it is still arguable subject since the top10 are now getting the points and Schumi got his record with more strict rules.

Top Bottom