• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Hi guys,

I'm working on some research and I would like to know if there are any reliable data on how much each team is making from sponsorship deals..

Would really appreciate it

Alan Baldwin @alanbaldwinf1
Reprimand for Nico Rosberg. That's it.

told ya

It's an absolute joke, first they let Mercedes off the hook for breaking the sporting regs and now they're free to speed under yellows.

"found no evidence of a significant reduction in speed from Nico Rosberg under yellow flags"

The stewards must've been guaranteed a brand new Mercedes SLS free of charge.

It's an absolute joke, first they let Mercedes off the hook for breaking the sporting regs and now they're free to speed under yellows.

"found no evidence of a significant reduction in speed from Nico Rosberg under yellow flags"

The stewards must've been guaranteed a brand new Mercedes SLS free of charge.

Your bitter tears quench my thirst on this hot day.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperf1
Also a couple of top teams clearly not happy with @nico_rosberg escaping with a reprimand. He did a purple sector under double yellows

lol - tis a joke.

kmag

Also a couple of top teams clearly not happy with @nico_rosberg escaping with a reprimand. He did a purple sector under double yellows

lol - tis a joke.

If this was after the last SC then certainly Webber would have a right to be aggrieved. Webber was closing until Rosberg suddenly pulled out a very quick lap 50 to keep the gap over 1 second keeping DRS out of it for another lap. Having to lift off and lose some time on any lap during that period, assuming that Webber did the same may have given Webber 2 laps in the DRS zone at the end instead of 1

DrM

Redmond's Baby
If this was after the last SC then certainly Webber would have a right to be aggrieved. Webber was closing until Rosberg suddenly pulled out a very quick lap 50 to keep the gap over 1 second keeping DRS out of it for another lap.

It was at 14:06 local time, on the track between turns 3 and 5 for ignoring yellows

lol - tis a joke.

Wow, a purple sector no less. Seems Mercedes can do no wrong right now. :D

That aside, I'm still quite surprised Ferrari weren't penalised for their unsafe release.

duckroll

It'll be interesting to see what the outcome of Wednesday's meeting will be. Seems like everyone is pretty unhappy about the situation, rightfully so. But I'm still not convinced that the FIA and Pirelli will come up with any sort of satisfactory solution. I bet they're all hoping that what happened today was a one off which is unique to the track conditions.

lol - tis a joke.

hahaha wow. Between the FIA and Pirelli, the series is quickly becoming a joke.

btw, I still blame the FIA for Pirelli being in this situation. We need 2-3 tire manufacturers in F1 and let them make the best tire they can.

No driver is asking for the cars to be slower.

Igo

lol - tis a joke.
Reprimand for yellows already has precedent this season already, I think. That's probably why there's no further penalty.

Addnan

It'll be interesting to see what the outcome of Wednesday's meeting will be. Seems like everyone is pretty unhappy about the situation, rightfully so. But I'm still not convinced that the FIA and Pirelli will come up with any sort of satisfactory solution. I bet they're all hoping that what happened today was a one off which is unique to the track conditions.

Silverstone is not like the next track so they will get away with it, but Spa another very high speed track will eat these tyres up.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Nurburgring will probably be fine, Hungaroring will be interesting if it will be hot.

There is huge chance for wet race in Spa, unless european summer will move into September

kmag

Reprimand for yellows already has precedent this season already, I think. That's probably why there's no further penalty.

It should depend on the circumstances in which the offense was done. If it was post the last SC then it could have had a material effect on the race, as Webber ended up 0.7 behind having narrowly failed to get the DRS zone on 50 and 51 a couple of tenths extra in that stint may have made a big difference.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I see McLaren have stopped all work on their current car and pooled all resources at the 2014 car.
Was mentioned that they now believe that all their troubles this year revolve around the pull-rod front suspension and the airflow off it affecting the rest of the car.

moojito

I see McLaren have stopped all work on their current car and pooled all resources at the 2014 car.
Was mentioned that they now believe that all their troubles this year revolve around the pull-rod front suspension and the airflow off it affecting the rest of the car.

Probably a good idea. Gary Anderson believes their overly simple front wing isn't helping either, but airflow from the front definitely seems to be what most people say the problem is.

Pimpwerx

I haven't posted much due to the NBA playoffs and work. However, I had to post today. Pirelli totally cost Lewis a win today. 4 tire delams? All the same LR tire? I was willing to give Pirelli the benefit of the doubt because the FIA asked for tires that degraded more, but this is irresponsible. This is shades of Michelin @ Indianapolis. Ralf could have died that weekend. The FIA is gonna wring Michelin out for this, but they're also responsible. It feels like they sell these tire contracts to the highest bidder. PEACE.

shas'la

Good thing they decided to ditch the fastest car last year for such a new suspension geometry that would only be useful for one season.

Nicktendo86

Then bring back the 27 to maximise your points haul! I bet they fuck it up next year too.

Branson

Is there any place or any channel on Youtube that puts up the current F1 races? Its hard to watch them here in the US especially when you re a NASCAR fan as thats much easier to catch on TV. A lot of races are on too late here.

Shaneus

Not really sure. He just started going really slow towards the end and the team just bought him in.
Ran out of people to run into, decided to call it quits.

I assume his run-in with Webber has been put down to racing incident? Any word on Sutil/Ricciardo?

Raikkonen broke Schumachers record!

How many DNFs did Grosjean get in that time?
He should have little silhouettes of F1 cars on the side of his cockpit for the number of cars he's taken down, a la WW1 fighter planes.

I assume his run-in with Webber has been put down to racing incident?

Was Webber's attempted line for the corner that brought him into the side of Crashjean. He still wasn't up to full speed and should have been on a much wider line. Crashjean had no-where to go to avoid him because there was another car directly to the right of him.

Shaneus

So, who had Webber for a podium or fastest lap?

That's what I thought.

Still, only got 35 points :/
(I didn't have him for fastest lap, but did have him for the win so I got some out of it)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Some headlines from Autosport:

- Charlie nearly stopped the race

- Teams (read: RBR and Ferrari) are pushing to change young driver test into ordinary tyre test. Mclaren thinks that is too late for that kind of test, because they now have full range of data

Top Bottom