• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

olore

"The safety is the biggest issue, it's unacceptable. We had that tyre test to improve the tyre and to have four blowouts is unacceptable. It's only when someone gets hurt that someone will be doing something about it. I think it's a waste of time talking to the FIA, and if they don't do anything that says a lot about them."

Clear and to the point. Are the FIA those sensitive types that can slam a driver with a fine if they are too outspoken on their views of the governing body? I remember Alonso implying something a couple of years ago that almost ended with him getting a reprimand from the FIA...

Now, back to Eurosport and TdF.

cmr-94

Vettel gets the bad luck that was overdue

Hamilton winning would have been great. Oh well. Looks like merc have done a great job with their race pace. We may have a interesting championship fight yet

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Long term weather forecast for Nürburg, Germany
Friday: Mostly cloudy, 21 deg. Celsius
Saturday: Mostly cloudy, 22 deg. Celsius
Sunday: Partly cloudy, 23 deg. Celsius

Read: Same as for Silverstone, minus rain on Friday and less windy

So we should end with "Vettel luck" bullshit but start with "Alonso luck" again? That makes sense. Hilarious.

I think you might have missed the point. They both have just as much luck as bad luck, it all evens out... that's why I mentioned (ironically, but apparently not clearly enough) Alonso's "luck".

Lewis might regret his choice of words there.

Lewis on F1 Forum said:
In that test, we tested a tyre that was much safer than this, I don't know why they didn't end up using it

Brawn has always insisted (even as recently as earlier today) that they didn't know what tyres they were testing.

Addnan

Lewis might regret his choice of words there.

Brawn has always insisted (even as recently as earlier today) that they didn't know what tyres they were testing.

He doesn't need to know whether its the same or a different tyre to know that it didn't blow up on him though.

Addnan

Anyone watching Sky post race stuff? Apparently Kimi was pretty pissed at the team (or as pissed as he gets).

Watching BBC forum, so no idea.

dalin80

Banned
Clear and to the point. Are the FIA those sensitive types that can slam a driver with a fine if they are too outspoken on their views of the governing body? I remember Alonso implying something a couple of years ago that almost ended with him getting a reprimand from the FIA...

Now, back to Eurosport and TdF.

They could throw a 'bringing the sport into disrepute' but punishing a driver for speaking out about safety after such a weekend and a time when we have lost two drivers would be an immensely bad idea.

Riccardo deserved a better result. It's becoming clear, Toro Rosso's biggest problem is there complete ineptitude when it comes to strategy.

moojito

Riccardo deserved a better result. It's becoming clear, Toro Rosso's biggest problem is there complete ineptitude when it comes to strategy.

I think he's definitely doing enough to prove himself the most worthy of the two TR drivers to get the red bull seat, though.

I suppose it all depends on whether or not they get Kimi, and that maybe depends on how likely Seb is to go to Ferrari. It's been a while since we've had a decent round of F1 musical chairs.

Zeknurn

Very valuable insight by Gary on the BBC Forum. I knew the kerbs was the likely culprit. Even Kimi had the same theory and as he said it was once again "the same for everybody". The drivers that cut their tyres have mostly themselves to blame.

Unless the FIA forces the drivers to stay inside the white lines we will probably see the same thing happen at Nürnbergring if any of the kerbs are sharp there as well.

I think it's pretty clever of Hamilton to say the tyres are unsafe because it from what I understand means that FIA can forcefully introduce them without the agreement from all the team. Lotus will no doubt keep vetoing any tyre changes but this will negatively effect them.

edit: I'm still waiting for anyone to say anything about the unsafe release of Alonso.

Roseberg under investigation for ignoring yellows. This could be big.

He'll probably be fine for the win at least. Seems as though he went through a section too fast while the yellow was out, during a safety car period probably. 5 place grid penalty in Germany at most I imagine.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Very valuable insight by Gary on the BBC Forum. I knew the kerbs was the likely culprit. Even Kimi had the same theory and as he said it was once again "the same for everybody". The drivers that cut their tyres have mostly themselves to blame.

Unless the FIA forces the drivers to stay inside the white lines we will probably see the same thing happen at Nürnbergring if any of the kerbs are sharp there as well.

I think it's pretty clever of Hamilton to say the tyres are unsafe because it from what I understand means that FIA can forcefully introduce them without the agreement from all the team. Lotus will no doubt keep vetoing any tyre changes but this will negatively effect them.

edit: I'm still waiting for anyone to say anything about the unsafe release of Alonso.

While that played some part of it. If we look at this vid
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8799606/davidson-analyses-tyre-failures

some of it happened before it. It's just embarrassing all around.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There will be emergency FIA meeting on Wednesday in Paris due to today events
Source

Although Pirelli is taking the brunt of criticism after the British GP, it must be said that the reason that changes were not made to the tyres used at Silverstone was because the teams were unable to agree with one another.

Addnan

GP2 and GP3 raced there this weekend and some of those guys drive harder than F1, none of their tyres got cut on any curbs.

Mix of dodgy tyres + new curbs is probably the fault.

Top Bottom