• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Bahrain 2012 all over again

If Grosjean let Kimi through earlier he would've had a better chance maybe.

No complaints.. but those 2nd places are getting annoying..

TCRS

Banned
Kai Ebel... oh dear. Although Kai Ebel is still at least somwhat competent compared to the commentators at RTL.

fuenf

Kai Ebel... oh dear. Although Kai Ebel is still at least somwhat competent compared to the commentators at RTL.

I'm just glad he's wearing something that's at least somewhat fashionable not making a total mockery of us Germans (it's close though).

Ce-Lin

Alonso on Spanish TV :

"I had no fuel for the last lap" (sanction incoming ?)

"strategy doesn't matter when your car also doesn't matter" LOL

"we are lacking pace both in Saturdays and Sundays, it's a miracle I'm 4th today and 2nd in the championship, I don't know why we're going backwards, the tyres are not to blame"

"Webber is the unluckiest driver in the world, but what is happening to him is everything but (bad) luck" LOL !!

"I don't know how we could keep up with RRB and Vettel, Lotus' pace today was amazing and that wasn't enough, it's getting frustrating one driver cruising on rails while the rest we're fighting the machinery all the time"

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It is really puzzling what is happening with Ferrari form. They had perfect conditions today for their car (nice weather and hot tarmac). Are they moving to much resources already to 2014 car?

For today it seems that they misjudged fuel consumption - SC saved their asses, otherwise Fernando would had to go in fuel saving mode wiht 5 laps remaining or even more

TCRS

Banned
Didn't Alonso threaten last year that he is going to tweet about Ferraris lack of development? I think it was about the same time and now it looks like the same shit again.

I can't hold all those feels man, he deserves a proper Ferrari and another championship. :/

LOL at the Webber comments. Poor guy man, he always looks like he's about to cry in interviews. Probably best for him to leave F1.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Didn't Alonso threaten last year that he is going to tweet about Ferraris lack of development? I think it was about the same time and now it looks like the same shit again.
And they are already moaning about 2014 engine regs....

What a complete tease of a race. So many interesting things *almost* happened, but ultimately never did.

Edit: Although I did enjoy the reversing Marussia

Shaneus

Started 3rd though, his pitstop problem allowed Alonso to move up
Maybe it was a bad choice of words on your part, but you can hardly say Webber struggled through the race. Getting up to seventh is a massive effort.

Alonso on Spanish TV :"Webber is the unluckiest driver in the world, but what is happening to him is everything but luck" LOL !!
Are you sure that's what he said? Webber and Alonso look to be the best of mates, or at least have the utmost respect for one another... I doubt he'd say something like that. Unless by that he's inferring it was the teams fault and not his. Guess it's hard to know what his point was without context.

LOL at the Webber comments. Poor guy man, he always looks like he's about to cry in interviews. Probably best for him to leave F1.
What did he say? But yeah, I'm in agreeance with you... whilst it's obviously still "luck", he just gets the lions share of all the bad things that are happening to those drivers. Having a wheel fall off TWICE due to pit errors at this point of the season is just fucking pathetic.

Ce-Lin

Are you sure that's what he said? Webber and Alonso look to be the best of mates, or at least have the utmost respect for one another... I doubt he'd say something like that. Unless by that he's inferring it was the teams fault and not his. Guess it's hard to know what his point was without context.

sorry I can't translate properly it seems, Alonso was being sarcastic and the meaning of his comment about Webber is "all the (bad) luck Webber is suffering isn't exactly (bad) luck"

take it as you wish, he might be referring to Vettel having all the good luck while Webber the bad one or just RBR not putting the same resources and effort on Webber, since they are best friends I think he meant the later, Alonso also said yesterday that he is "glad" Webber is leaving RBR.

Omiee

Could have been his 5th win. So bumpd about that. This win makes up for last weekend though.

July curse is finally over lol.

Cant wait untill we get the fly away races. Vettel won all the 4 asian races last year.

Korez

999836_637523349593069_2025252014_n.jpg

Addnan

3weeks until next race then that stupid summer break until spa and monza :(

Then the season goes to shit until November. They need to mix these crap in with the European stuff somehow.

Shaneus

sorry I can't translate properly it seems, Alonso was being sarcastic and the meaning of his comment about Webber is "all the (bad) luck Webber is suffering isn't exactly (bad) luck"

take it as you wish, he might be referring to Vettel having all the good luck while Webber the bad one or just RBR not putting the same resources and effort on Webber, since they are best friends I think he meant the later, Alonso also said yesterday that he is "glad" Webber is leaving RBR.
That's alright, I think I get what he was saying... it was either implying that it's not really luck, the team just doesn't give a shit or he was being sarcastic. It's all good, man :) As long as you can confirm Alonso wasn't being serious about it (I doubt he would) then it's all good.
Glad to hear him say that about Webber, too. I think everyone who wants what's best for him are glad he's heading off on his own terms.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, they corrected the news about cameraman, he was transfered to hospital probably for overnight check.

Oh and I missed Lauda excuse for this race. What did he said?

Lewis said that tyres were disaster and that he will pray, that new tyres will work on Mercedes

jey_16

Banned
Maybe it was a bad choice of words on your part, but you can hardly say Webber struggled through the race. Getting up to seventh is a massive effort.

Webber drove a great race and I was pissed off with his pitstop problem (mainly because I wished it happend to Vettel) but Webber's misfortune was Alonso's gain....that's all I was implying

Ce-Lin

As long as you can confirm Alonso wasn't being serious about it (I doubt he would) then it's all good.

20464897141933198431.jpg

They've been best mates for years, Alonso knows well RBR' focus is on Vettel, the sad part is that by focusing so much on Vettel and his on-rails car they seem to forget about Webber every single time, this time some camera man could have been killed, not saying they did it on purpose but they really need to put more attention. I don't know why Webber keeps driving that car, he's being way too much honest compared to his team.

TCRS

Banned
Well, they corrected the news about cameraman, he was transfered to hospital probably for overnight check.

Oh and I missed Lauda excuse for this race. What did he said?

Lewis said that tyres were disaster and that he will pray, that new tyres will work on Mercedes

Not much, he just kept saying it's a known problem and that Ross Brawn will have to solve it.

neoanarch

McClaren lost those spots on the last lap. Well still better than I expected.

Guti needs to start improving as well. Sauber looked good for a bit.

Ce-Lin

pffft the retards who think Alonso was shitting on Webber.
First time watching F1???

no, I believe it was my poor translation, he said the bad luck happening to Webber is not just bad luck (implying there's more to it, whatever you call it... lack of concentration, focus, laziness, sabotaging lol) and that it never gets to Vettel.

and I hate when Alonso, after cooling down, goes into Public-Relations mode for both Santander and Ferrari praising everything about the Italian scuderia, including the weird strategy today, oblivious to the fact he was talking shit about it moments ago live on TV, he's no Kimi it seems.

cilonen

Anyone hear anything about why Massa's car suddenly turned left again? Sky didn't follow it up at all in the hour of post-race stuff, we didn't even get a good replay of it.

Something weird is going on at Ferrari. Yeah, Felipe's inexplicably crap, but there's something underlying going on there too, I'm sure of it.

no, I believe it was my poor translation, he said the bad luck happening to Webber is not just bad luck (implying there's more to it, whatever you call it... lack of concentration, focus, laziness, sabotaging lol) and that it never gets to Vettel.

and I hate when Alonso, after cooling down, goes into Public-Relations mode for both Santander and Ferrari praising everything about the Italian scuderia, including the weird strategy today, oblivious to the fact he was talking shit about it moments ago live on TV, he's no Kimi it seems.

because he is a team player unlike dumb-dumbs like Diresta and Hamilton who go straight for the neck post race, and then have to apologize on their hands and knees in the factory on Monday. EVERY time there is a bad result, its moronic they don't learn their lesson after every race.
As SD said: they deal with problems like a family, behind closed doors.
Why show weakness to some clowns on message boards???

€30,000 fine for RBR. What's that like the cost of a little bit of their front wing?

A little more than half a steering wheel.

Apparently the F1 can only fine them for a maximum of €50,000 (Which I find incredibly low), but it also means that they didn't even fine them for the maximum amount.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Anyone hear anything about why Massa's car suddenly turned left again? Sky didn't follow it up at all in the hour of post-race stuff, we didn't even get a good replay of it.
It looked to me like his car snapped and steered left when he was braking into the first corner. Car then stalled.

cilonen

It looked to me like his car snapped and steered left when he was braking into the first corner. Car then stalled.

Yeah, I thought that too. The team admitted something similar put him into the wall at Monaco too.

Edit: I think it might be starting to mess with his head again.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
He said that he locked his rear wheels during braking, tried to correct the line, but he spun. Then his car was stuck in 5th gear and he was unable to get it down to 1st and his engine died. Probably killed gearbox in the process.

Just got back from the track. Can heartily recommend the German GP to anyone, fantastically organised (even to the point that German police were closing down roads one way so as to have better traffic flow).

Enjoyed the race, was exciting right until the end, though I suspect that had a lot to do with the safety car. Really looking forward to seeing the highlights. Managed to get onto the grid pretty easily after the race and managed to see Lauda and Damon Hill, which was cool. Horner wandered past at one point looking surprisingly miserable given they'd just won. Bit disappointed not to see the BBC lot though.

Fantastic weekend. :)

Oh, and no-one could understand a word Kimi said in the podium interview. Not that anyone cared, he had loads of support there (they're all batshit mental too, and very drunk!).

Funny when Vettel chucked his cap off and it fell into the pitlane. Groans all around. :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108659

Felipe admits driver error.

He needs to go. Maybe he can join webber at Porsche. Then we can finally get a sequel to Bridesmaids.

Great drive by top 3. Vettel really had to dig deep. It seemed close throughout.

Lewis will have a meltdown if they suck as bad at hungaroring.

Unless Ferrari can be super competitive next season, Alonso's prime got wasted.

Sloane

Banned
3weeks until next race then that stupid summer break until spa and monza :(

Then the season goes to shit until November. They need to mix these crap in with the European stuff somehow.
Vettel has the season in the bag anyway, maybe those last few races won't matter anymore.

But, yeah, it's stupid to have yet another three week break before the "big" summer break which is only a week longer, followed by all those crappy races. They don't need to mix those in though but get rid of them and give us a few more races in Europe. Not that it's gonna happen.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
At least there will be testing in the Silverstone. But 3 week till Hungaroring (closest race to me) and then whole month till Spa? This is crazy, there are no more 'syndicate' holidays in the month of August, minus Italians with their Ferragosto

Also, loose tyre incident is on Youtube. Unfortunate cameraman was trailing Lotus and he got quite lucky that tyre missed his head. He could be killed. This also raises some question about cameraman and journalist protection in pitlane. Like in Le Mans, where they must wear racing suits with security vest and bicycle helmet.

Top Bottom