• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Ce-Lin

1. Kimi driver of the day
2. New tyres are a dream for Mercedes, Hamilton was on rails
3. Vettel can't win when he's not commanding the absolute best car
4. Crapstactic Ferrari, that Alonso finished 5th when 6 cars are so much quicker than his... he's not going anywhere with Ferrari, forever 2xWDC.

all in all, a boringfest

edit: wtf Alonso didn't drink water during the race, is it legal that you can drive 70 laps under that hot sun without water?

pants

I feel like such a Vettel now. I'm about to bitch and moan that i missed the window to make my prediction, was working super late friday night and overslept for quali :(

Lach

I was just to say "yes! no german anthem today" but then I remembered Mercedes. At least we get spared the Austrian!

Omiee

Looks like mercedes have their issues under control. Lewis might make a push in the second part of the season for the championship.

Salamndar

Amazing Race by Lewis and Kimi, Vettel is so a spoiled kid, when he failed to over take Kimi he started to whine on Radio as always !

Webber was also good after a not so good Qualifying session.

Alonso was no where, so did Massa and Rosberg, I am not sure why grosjean got a drive through!

Over all an OK race. (IMHO)

Omiee

Everyone booing. He might be a douchebag like Alonso but he seems to get more boos than everyone else.

No one will care about boo's. Like Shumi is remembered for his douchbag behavior on track some times. People are remembered for their championships and vettel is looking to get his 4th.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Unusually chatty for Kimi.
Lots of crowd support for Vettel.
Brundle is pretty good at the interviews, very natural style.

NHale

No one will care about boo's. Like Shumi is remembered for his douchbag behavior on track some times. People are remembered for their championships and vettel is looking to get his 4th.

Funny because the first thing I remember about Schumacher is him winning his 1st championship by crashing against Damon Hill in Adelaide or trying to win his 3rd by crashing against Villeneuve in Jerez.

I know it helps to have a better perspective of things when you know that F1 existed before 2010.

Omiee

Funny because the first thing I remember about Schumacher is him winning his 1st championship by crashing against Damon Hill in Adelaide or trying to win his 3rd by crashing against Villeneuve in Jerez.

I know it helps to have a better perspective of things when you know that F1 existed before 2010.

Most people remember him for his 7 championships.

Like anyone remembers senna's crash into his team mate to take the championship. He is loved still.

incoming alonso interview complaining about his car and the people at the factory.

Let me translate his posts.

"waaah, wahhhh, my driver is still the best, who cares about everything else. go seb goooo, yeah baby! championship lead extended! who cares about winning or the rest, waaah."

Now lets not bother with it anymore.

Zeknurn

A three way championship race between Kimi, Vettel and Hamilton for the rest of the season would be perfect. Lotus give Kimi his money and lets do this.

NHale

"waaah, wahhhh, my driver is still the best, who cares about everything else. go seb goooo, yeah baby! championship lead extended! who cares about winning or the rest, waaah."

You forgot the part of "I'm in Monaco watching the race but spend the entire race posting on NeoGAF." That was fantastic.

Omiee

I value you opinion soooooo much :)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Mercedes thermal cameras on the car are working wonders of tech. Stellar drive from Lewis.

Lotus is still the best car with tyres in hot weather, Crashjean is still in the form.

RBR is also quite good, but Vettel lacks something that Lewis has - when you have to overtake, you will overtake. Nice up from Webber

Ferrari? blah blah blah Windtunnel problems blah blah blah Mercedes illegal testing blah blah blah

Omiee

So what are ferrari's problems this time?

Wind tunnel? Pace? Tires? Bad luck? lol

Championship will be between kimi and vettel and constructors between mercedes and rbr. RBR got the last one locked up.

Looks like Mercedes thermal cameras on the car are working wonders of tech. Stellar drive from Lewis.

Lotus is still the best car with tyres in hot weather, Crashjean is still in the form.

RBR is also quite good, but Vettel lacks something that Lewis has - when you have to overtake, you will overtake. Nice up from Webber

Ferrari? blah blah blah Windtunnel problems blah blah blah Mercedes illegal testing blah blah blah

Because a real driver can give a car more speed on the straights. Vettel was even with DRS not faster than Raikonnen.

And ignoring the fact that Vettel was the driver with the more overtakes than any of the other top drivers last year - and even this year I think. But I guess that's something like a running-gag now.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
So what are ferrari's problems this time?

Wind tunnel? Pace? Tires? Bad luck? lol
Wind tunnel and simulation equipment I would have to say.
They have fired and hired lots of the best aero & mechanical engineers without fixing their problems for the last 3 years.
Pity for Ferrari is that all that brain power they fired ended up at Mercedes where it is all paying off for them now.

Wind tunnel and simulation equipment I would have to say.
They have fired and hired lots of the best aero & mechanical engineers without fixing their problems for the last 3 years.
Pity for Ferrari is that all that brain power they fired ended up at Mercedes where it is all paying off for them now.

It's almost like the people who run that team are full of shit. Almost.

Omiee

Because a real driver can give a car more speed on the straights. Vettel was even with DRS not faster than Raikonnen.

And ignoring the fact that Vettel was the driver with the more overtakes than any of the other top drivers last year - and even this year I think. But I guess that's something like a running-gag now.

2012 stats:

VETTEL CANT OVERTAKE WAAA WAAAA.

All overtakes
1. Sebastian Vettel - 74 on-track overtakes
1. Mark Webber - 74
3. Felipe Massa - 65
4. Lewis Hamilton - 55
4. Romain Grosjean - 55

All overtakes, without backmarkers
Disgarding the overtakes on the teams of HRT, Marussia and Caterham
1. Sebastian Vettel - 51 on-track overtakes
2. Lewis Hamilton - 46
2. Mark Webber - 46
4. Felipe Massa - 45
5. Jenson Button - 41

All overtakes, without backmarkers, with equal tires
Disgarding the overtakes on the teams of HRT, Marussia and Caterham
Disgarding overtakes on cars with more than 5 lap older tires
1. Sebastian Vettel - 29 on-track overtakes
2. Jenson Button - 26
3. Mark Webber - 24
4. Kimi Räikkönen - 23
4. Felipe Massa - 23

All overtakes, only on 5 top teams
Counting only overtakes on the teams of Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus and Mercedes
1. Sebastian Vettel - 28 on-track overtakes
2. Lewis Hamilton - 25
3. Jenson Button - 22
4. Kimi Räikkönen - 21
5. Felipe Massa - 16

All overtakes, only on 5 top teams, with equal tires
Counting only overtakes on the teams of Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus and Mercedes
Disgarding overtakes on cars with more than 5 lap older tires
1. Sebastian Vettel - 17 on-track overtakes
2. Kimi Räikkönen - 16
3. Jenson Button - 14
4. Lewis Hamilton - 13
5. Felipe Massa - 12

Top Bottom