• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

ramparter

Banned
I love Kimi but how the f.. did that happen, why Alonso didn't win this race. Screw you Lotus and your tactics and winning out of nowhere.

PS: Great race, so relieved Vettel and RBR can be easily challenged on race pace.

Zeknurn

Good job Räikkönen. Well deserved. We couldn't have a better start for the season.

Shame about Massa though. He was a much better driver than Alonso this race.

Obligatory: Well it looks like we might as well pack up. Red Bull dominance etc. Vettel WDC already gg etc.

Lach

This looks like a promising season.

Really scared on RB dominance after FP's and Quali but they don't look too fast in the race...

John_B

Lotus is looking really good considering both race pace and tyre wear. Could benefit the first handful of races.

Great win for Raikkonen.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
I love Kimi but how the f.. did that happen, why Alonso didn't win this race. Screw you Lotus and your tactics and winning out of nowhere.

PS: Great race, so relieved Vettel and RBR can be easily challenged on race pace.

Ferrari seems to be fastest but overall it's going to be interesting season start. Red Bull, Ferrari and Lotus all have a fighting chance. I would throw Mercedes into the mix too but it I predict they are going to have lot more mechanical failures as the season progress. Also it's great to see Webber isn't doing his share of the work and hopefully this will be his last season in F1.

Sloane

Banned
Decent race but then again every race Vettel doesn't win counts as decent these days. Fucking dreadful performance by McLaren but at least Kimi and Ferrari might make things interesting this season.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware

Really scared on RB dominance after FP's and Quali but they don't look too fast in the race...
Yep, there tyre management isn't as good as lotus and Ferrari.

1 lap pace is still legendary

untitled-15fzsdy.gif

Igo

Sutil really shook things up. Vettel really shouldn't have been stuck behind him for so long and Red Bull didn't react fast enough on the pit stops.

dalin80

Banned
Surprised by the amount of clean and sensible racing, it was only a few years ago were the safety car wracked up a impressive stint and we had incidents like webber drunkenly smashing into hamilton.

Far more professional this time round all though a few of the backmarkers are going to need a slap.

But to be honest the track was too cold today for anyone to pick out a order of cars, merc tried to do a two stopper and lapped too slowly for too long for the late switch to a three to be effective.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

Indeed. It's good to see that Qualifying pace may not be the be-all this season.

Great result for Raikkonen, fantastic driving all round by him and most other drivers actually with little incident despite some hairy moments.

I really hope McLaren can wake up in the next few GPs though because this is looking very 2009 for them so far, yikes.

At the back, Marussia faster than Caterham, yey. At the end Bianchi managed a 1:30 on the super softs which is frankly impressive pace.

Onto Malaysia, where unless if it rains we're probably going to see a totally different GP. Much hotter track, different wearing on tyres so should be fun.

awesome clean race. good start of the season. it's nice to see force India up there in the points. dunno what happened to mark weber at the start. why does it seem he fumbles the start everytime?

Top Bottom