• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

TylerD

Been about 6 races since I watched any F1. Get to really appreciate the cornering performance of these machines again.

The prevalence of the thermal cam pleases me.

Pimpwerx

Well done Hulk. I LOL'd at him fist pumping a 4th place, but that must have been a very fun race for him. Lewis threw the kitchen sink at him and he held strong. A real shame he's not getting a top seat next year.

Another great drive by Seb. To finish first, first you must finish. It's getting tiresome, but I can't hate. Well done. On to next race. PEACE.

Sauber had the downforce and gearing on Hulkenberg's car spot on - superb acceleration, but it also held its top speed well. Brilliant drive from him - surely has to be favourite for the Lotus seat.

Ce-Lin

So Alonso still behind Hulk. LOL. I expect a lot of whining after the race. Like that time he couldn't get past Petrov and lost the WDC.... :p

post of the year, lol @armchair expert

now Lewis with arguably the best car (Vettel has an airplane) endured the same fate, so if it was a LOL for Alonso stuck behind Hulk... is it SUPER LOL for Lewis to suffer the same fate ? oh please these fanboys.

deroli

Another perfect race for Vettel. So he can get his 4th WDC in the next race? That RB + Vettel combo is unstoppable. But I'm even happier for Hülkenberg. That was a nerve-wrecking last few laps and he defended his 4th place brilliantly.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Another perfect race for Vettel. So he can get his 4th WDC in the next race? That RB + Vettel combo is unstoppable. But I'm even happier for Hülkenberg. That was a nerve-wrecking last few laps and he defended his 4th place brilliantly.
If Vettel wins in Japan, and Alonso is worse than 9th, then he will be champion next week. But probably he will be champion in India.

Ce-Lin

Alonso to Spanish Media in a fairly good mood

"We talk on the track, Pirelli only know how to talk on TV... but Paul Hembry (Pirelli' boss) called me to say sorry for his comments on my remarks about the tyres, what can I say, we have a car that's the same for a month, not particularly fast, we don't find grip, we are just not looking at the rest who keep developing their cars, somehow I ended beating a Mercedes, at the end of the day we are just trying to reach 2014 as soon as possible (laughs)"

edit

Lotus to Grosjean last lap

"Shut up and show a big grin on the podium, we'll talk later"

???????

Juicy Bob

FIJKKtB.jpg
FIJKKtB.jpg

FIJKKtB.jpg
FIJKKtB.jpg

ЯAW

Banned
edit

Lotus to Grosjean last lap

"Shut up and show a big grin on the podium, we'll talk later"

???????

Yeah, I don't really get what there is to talk. Maybe Lotus is really concerned about Grosjean's confidence and want him to win once against Kimi, even if Kimi has to give the win for the poor guy.

Ce-Lin

ЯAW;84985201 said:
Yeah, I don't really get what there is to talk. Maybe Lotus is really concerned about Grosjean's confidence and want him to win once against Kimi, even if Kimi has to give the win for the poor guy.

Grosjean was quicker than RAI last 2-3 laps but didn't get permission to overtake him, I guess he got a bit heated up and said something awful to the team and he got told off by that "shut up and let's talk later, now smile"

I have to say I'm really disappointed by Hamilton. Loses cheaply position to Grosjean at the start, when he could defend, then unable to re-pass him next laps when he was clearly faster. Then same situation with Hulkenberg, restarts catches him sleeping and he's overtaken by a car of which he's faster by at least 1 sec. He couldn't make a good exit out of turn 1 when he had all the time,he was so close through the start-finish line to Hulk, he should've take an alternate line-wider into the first part of T1, to make a better exit...but he seemed so rigid in all of this. He luckily escaped being overtake by Alonso to finish 6th! I consider this one of the worst races of Hamilton, not for the pace but for managing the situation, he has a pace for 2nd place and finishes 5th with luck.
I somewhat support Hamilton along Kimi and Alonso, but really he has his (big) shortcomings in terms of driving, which could explained all the struggle which he faced in his career where many times things were not falling together...maybe from an approach of what we saw today, not enough malleable.

also, surprised the bike carrying Webber back to the pits didn't crash.

ЯAW

Banned
Grosjean was quicker than RAI last 2-3 laps but didn't get permission to overtake him, I guess he got a bit heated up and said something awful to the team and he got told off by that "shut up and let's talk later, now smile"

Didn't the team tell him to go after Kimi at fullest? I missed most of the radio talk but I'm certain at some point they told Grosjean takeover Kimi.

Ce-Lin

ЯAW;84985517 said:
Didn't the team tell him to go after Kimi at fullest? I missed most of the radio talk but I'm certain at some point they told Grosjean takeover Kimi.

yeah they told him that if he was really quicker he should prove it on track, and then a heated conversation ensued, I guess at some point during the season Grosjean let Kimi through and he wanted the payback today... but he couldn't deliver so fair enough Kimi finishing 2nd thanks to the SC, also amazing that he didn't even look at Vettel post-race or in the podium ceremony, good job Kimi.

and this just in

Webber to RBR when asked to press the "extinguisher" on the car, he just replied...

"LET IT BURN"

ЯAW;84985517 said:

His racing engineer said that but then it sounded like Boullier came on and wanted them to hold positions?

Maybe Grosjean was upset because they were supposed to hold positions already when he was in second place?

Top Bottom