• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

kharma45

I'm sure we're merely seconds away from a racist "kamikaze" slur. Who's gonna be first with it?

Para ti

600837_10101889413082864_224334807_n.jpg

NHale

Lotus might be making a move for Hulkenberg in 2014 it seems.

It's the only logical option. He's by far the best driver available and if it's true that Telmex aren't paying for Perez, McLaren should dump him right now and go for Hulkenberg.

But Whitmarsh don't want to admit he made a mistake last year unless he gets a big name signing to replace Perez.

Leunam

I think McLaren's mistake was redesigning their car in the wake of Hamilton leaving. Next year would be a better indicator of whether signing Perez was a mistake when they hopefully have a better car.

Shaneus

Hulkenberg in Lotus would be fucking epic. Do we know if they've signed Grosjean back on, or could they be going with someone else? (Petrov?!?)

dubc35

Yep, McL should have signed the Hulk last year. As for next year, assuming Lotus can pay him, I think they're a better fit. Who knows in the long run though with Honda stealing the Merc engine for 2015.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hulkenberg in Lotus would be fucking epic. Do we know if they've signed Grosjean back on, or could they be going with someone else? (Petrov?!?)

Lotus would lose Total's sponsorship if they didn't have a French pilot. Grosjean isn't going anywhere.

Lach

If I were Hülkenberg I'd hesitate signing with a team that is known to not pay their drivers wages after canceling his contract because his team wasn't able to pay their drivers wages....
Lotus would be a step up though..

Just saw Rush. Awesome movie, the end is ridiculously well shot. I'd like to think it has a strong shot at an Oscar for best visual effects, but I feel like that Gravity movie could be serious competition for that award.
One thing that threw me for a loop in that movie was some American (?) actor playing team principal at Mclaren. He sort of looked like Alistair I guess, but it seemed like some weird attempt to shoehorn an American accent into a film that would otherwise be without them.

RayStorm

Just saw Rush.
One thing that threw me for a loop in that movie was some American (?) actor playing team principal at Mclaren. He sort of looked like Alistair I guess, but it seemed like some weird attempt to shoehorn an American accent into a film that would otherwise be without them.

That would be Teddy Mayer, who was American.

While the film generally was very well made, the CGI in the full screen view of the Lauda Crash looked horrible. Also the Vienna far-away shot before Lauda borrows the money was from present day and nobody cared enough to edit the cars out that give it away even for non Viennese.

Shaneus

From: Simon Rennie To: Mark Webber Just a couple of reminders. Obviously you’ve got KERS at the start. We know how powerful it is at turn two but also at turn three. And just remember it’s a long race, you don’t need to do it all into turn one, OK?
:(

SRR7jtP.png

That's the sound of a man frustrated.

Shaneus

Pimpwerx

Damn. Suzuka is blood-thirsty this year. So many shunts so far, and it's just FP2. Perez's off looked the worst. He looks shaken-up, but hopefully he's good to drive tomorrow. Never want to see anyone get hurt in this sport. :( PEACE.

Juicy Bob

Horrible news about de Villota. Such a brave, strong woman who always seemed to have this cheerful, sunny disposition about her.

I feel very sorry for her family. Her commitment to improving safety with the FIA and the Women and Motor Sport Commission will no doubt be her legacy.

Staab

Horrible news :(
It's very surprising as well, I thought she had made a full recovery of her accident, I guess something wasn't completely healed and lead to a sudden death :(

Top Bottom