• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Zeknurn

ЯAW;84985517 said:
Didn't the team tell him to go after Kimi at fullest? I missed most of the radio talk but I'm certain at some point they told Grosjean takeover Kimi.

Correct.

@F1PitRadio2: GRO, "I'm stuck behind Kimi, cannot overtake him" Re:"OK, if we want P2, need to overtake him"
@F1PitRadio2: GRO also informed his tyre deg "is better than Kimi"
@F1PitRadio2: Eric B,"Romain, keep racing like it is"
@F1PitRadio2: "Romain, you are quicker than Kimi, you will pass him" GRO, "No, I cannot, I too much degradation"

apotema

Sebastian-Vettel_1889936c.jpg

Another one for Vettel, but the driver of the day was definitely Hulk!

Ce-Lin

they're saying Lotus had informed their drivers during the SC period that they would hold station, something that Kimi of course "dind't hear" so this is what Grosjean is mad about, whatever, moving on.

Another one for Vettel, but the driver of the day was definitely Hulk!

well he had the perfect setup for S1, and S1 was the only sector available to overtake so....

Nouzka

they're saying Lotus had informed their drivers during the SC period that they will hold station, something that Kimi of course "dind't hear" so this is what Grosjean is mad about, whatever, moving on.

Who's "they"? This is what Boullier said:

“Romain gets frustrated obviously because he did a small mistake on the restart after the Safety car and Kimi just past him.”

“I think he was begging some team orders to let him past but he has a mistake and it was a normal racing time.”

“I think he could have been quicker but he was a little upset and he lost concentration so it’s just part of his learning curve,” Boullier added.

Ce-Lin

Who's "they"? This is what Boullier said:

“Romain gets frustrated obviously because he did a small mistake on the restart after the Safety car and Kimi just past him.”

“I think he was begging some team orders to let him past but he has a mistake and it was a normal racing time.”

“I think he could have been quicker but he was a little upset and he lost concentration so it’s just part of his learning curve,” Boullier added.

they were intended to hold station but Grosjean' mistake changed the plan, as I said above you can't blame Kimi, it was GRO to take and he let it go, and btw they = TV post-race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Who is 'notable tech person' that will shortly sign with Mclaren? I think that could be somebody from Lotus...

Also Mercedes needs to do something with their race strategy for 2014, they are dropping down the grid on every race.

Omiee

Just watched the race. There were some boring bits but the end was pretty nice to watch actually. Watching vettel at the start of the year was much more fun since you got to see much more of him because of overtakes etc. Last year was even better. This part of the year its just watching the time tables and hoping nothing happenes to his car or tires.

But man the nerve on alonso. Lewis was defending as a champ and alonso started waving his hand out of anger because he could not pass him. Was he expecting lewis to just let him past or something?

Good drive by hulkenberg def deserves it. His car was amazing in turn S1. So much more grip than lewis.

Championship should be sealed by india i reckon.

Even as a die-hard Kimi fan who never gives up on him in any given race, I'm surprised by what he's able to pull in the races!! Wish he can just get over his quali issues!!

Dare I say luck is also playing on his side for few races for a fucking change?!!!!!! It feels awesome

EDIT: And man of the year is Hulk, Williams are shit to drop him for Crashdonado. Shame he didn't get that Ferrari seat (not that I wish he did on the expense of Kimi) and what's the deal with McLaren and German drivers??! Why aren't they even "talking" to Hulk, and they took that sorry excuse for a driver Perez

1378600_534713216609082_1840683152_n.png

Deadman

Seems vettel did get the grand slam today because webber pitted just after taking the lead, so vettel still crossed the line first every lap. His 4th.

Omiee

Seems vettel did get the grand slam today because webber pitted just after taking the lead, so vettel still crossed the line first every lap. His 4th.

one more and he is tied with shumi, 2 more and he is tied first with jim clark.

He's tied with senna now and mansell and stewart.

Who is 'notable tech person' that will shortly sign with Mclaren? I think that could be somebody from Lotus...

Also Mercedes needs to do something with their race strategy for 2014, they are dropping down the grid on every race.

Nobody from Lotus would be headline grabbing, so:

Gordon-Murray-big.jpg

G-Unit

My f1 love is fading fast. This was the forth time i fell asleep within 15 laps. This redbull domination is boring me to hell. At least barrichello could challenge schumie... webber is such a joke(inside job by redbull, I agree on that)

And this fucking tires.... I WANT THEM TO GO ALL OUT ALL RACE, NOT THIS PUSSY ASS RACING.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware

Looks like its going to be Ross Brawn joining the McLaren Honda team.

Motorsport Total says Brawn will leave Mercedes at the end of the season.

McLaren deny Brawn is one of their headline grabbing tech signings.

Newey and Prodromou returning to Mclaren it is then...

The McLaren-Honda dream team of Alonso, Button, Newey and Prodromou to dominate.

Shaneus

Motorsport Total says Brawn will leave Mercedes at the end of the season.

McLaren deny Brawn is one of their headline grabbing tech signings.

Newey and Prodromou returning to Mclaren it is then...

The McLaren-Honda dream team of Alonso, Button, Newey and Prodromou to dominate.
Oh god, I'd love to see Newey leave RBR while Vettel's still there.

suck it! lol I'm gunning for you. 59 points this week. Sadly school has made watching F1 this season very hard for me. I haven't watched a full race in a while. Not that I miss seeing vettel on the podium smiling like a dickhead. Kinda glad I haven't had to witness it all that much this year.

pants

suck it! lol I'm gunning for you. 59 points this week. Sadly school has made watching F1 this season very hard for me. I haven't watched a full race in a while. Not that I miss seeing vettel on the podium smiling like a dickhead. Kinda glad I haven't had to witness it all that much this year.

I extended my lead then because I had 67 points :smug:
Well just be sure to watch next year for the rule changes D:

Watching the race now. Last 20 laps are awesome, that Raikkenon overtake on Grosjean just before the safety car was a man's overtake. Sauber holding onto fourth is exciting, what a drive from Hulkenberg. Fairly entertaining stuff from the heart of a Korean swamp, the race had no business being as good as it was based on the track and yet another Vettel win.

I'd be surprised if it isn't now. If there's smoke there's usually fire, it's the same when Honda were first rumoured to be coming back, Whitmarsh sort gave a non-answer, talking about Hyundai for some reason when they were never rumoured.

NHale

I'd be surprised if it isn't now. If there's smoke there's usually fire, it's the same when Honda were first rumoured to be coming back, Whitmarsh sort gave a non-answer, talking about Hyundai for some reason when they were never rumoured.

Same thing as Alonso to McLaren and Vettel to Ferrari.

I don't remember a single Japanese F1 driver who wasn't famous for crashing in the last 20 years. They were the typical pay drivers in the 90s who shouldn't be part of the F1 and Sato and Nakajima were only a little bit better.

Agreed. Let's not forget the Malaysian phenom, Alex yoong either.

Top Bottom