• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Omiee

This was by no means a easy win for vettel.

Also Webber has a engineer for a reason. He decides his race strategy himself with his team. They operate on their own on race day just like vettels team. For the people who already are claiming this was a robbery.

Pimpwerx

Again he told the team to tell perez to get out of the way even though he had fresher tires.

Sjeez guys

There were multiple complaints. He even said something about, "...it's not fair." C'mon, man. It's one of those act like you've been there deals. He's got the win. His pit keeps telling him to calm down too. PEACE.

Well, Vettel was also told to stay behind Webber to save his tires until his last pit stop.

It' not a big surprise that he is ahead of him now.

ramparter

Banned
Yay Multi 1-2!!! :p
Good job Webber, I know everyone loves you in this thread but know what? You're a mediocre driver, you're not even half as good as Vettel and that's why you are always angry, it's not your team's fault, it's your fault.

PS: I just wanted to get this off my chest, I actually like him but in terms of race pace they are not even close.

ЯAW

Banned
excuse me experts, how RAI can't overtake Hulkenberg ? ALO did it in a superb overtake, what's happening guys ? guys ?

Last race Alonso couldn't take over Hammy, who couldn't take over Hulk. Alo worse confirmed.

...Or sometimes conditions aren't just in your favor... dat overtake.

Ce-Lin

such a shame Felipe and Kimi, finishing behind much slower team-mates, also shenanigans stole win from Webber

and...

Looks like Kimi is going to win against Alonso again. Next year will be great.

<3 !

Only a superior car can beat Alonso! I mean we're talking about Alonso who is outdriving the Ferrari once again.

<3 !

&#1071;AW;85862614 said:
Last race Alonso couldn't take over Hammy, who couldn't take over Hulk. Alo worse confirmed.

...Or sometimes conditions aren't just in your favor... dat overtake.
armchair experts, as always.

finally common sense, of course Hulk is no better than Hamilton and/or Alonso just because conditions and car set-up was brilliant for that S1 @Korea, but people here only see names instead of conditions, cars and whatever, bias everywhere.

Chris R

I hate the start time for the India race, 1:30AM suuuuuuuucks. Might just watch it when I wake up on Sunday. Well, time for bed!

ramparter

Banned
"We did 110% per cent today for sure, If someone told me on Friday I would be finishing 4th today I would have laughed my ass of and leave, I attack the kerbs, Vettel doesn't attack the kerbs, my car has the same parts since Jerez 1997, I lost a lot of time behind Mas... hey wre are you going? come back you jerks, I'm the star here, one day....."

Ce-Lin

You must live in a dream world because there is no way you can be that naive.

switching Webber for a 3 stopper to let Vettel through yeah, I live in a dream world, man, it's obvious when you're ahead of your team-mate you get to pit first and decide strategy (as Massa, Ferrari let him race today) but RBR forced Webber to a 3 stopper to let the annoying kid win again.

Zeknurn

Well deserved win to Vettel. He drove great.

It was a shame that Lotus couldn't out smart Red Bull. Grosjean deserved a better position.

Lach

Incredible win by Vettel. Too bad Webber couldn't save the tyres...would have loved for him to get a win out of this...

Another great race by Sauber though......6th and 7th! First points for Gutierrez! Congrats! Another big step towards P6 in WCC

Pimpwerx

Good win for Seb. Webber is gonna be so salty. Can't wait to see someone worthy take that seat and properly challenge Seb. Wait...Ricciardo? Oh well. So much for that. LOL!

Sucks for my boy Hammy. He might have been able to challenge for the win today, based on how RoGro was able to go. Looking forward to 2014 more and more each race. PEACE.

Omiee

switching Webber for a 3 stopper to let Vettel through yeah, I live in a dream world, man, it's obvious when you're ahead of your team-mate you get to pit first and decide strategy (as Massa, Ferrari let him race today) but RBR forced Webber to a 3 stopper to let the annoying kid win again.

Dude do you really think webber has nothing to say about his race strategy? They have two teams inside the garage who compete with each other, also on race strategy so keep that bullshit away from here.

Always have to find a reason or excuse.

Dilly

Banned
"We did 110% per cent today for sure, If someone told me on Friday I would be finishing 4th today I would have laughed my ass of and leave, I attack the kerbs, Vettel doesn't attack the kerbs, my car has the same parts since Jerez 1997, I lost a lot of time behind Mas... hey wre are you going? come back you jerks, I'm the star here, one day....."

This is a very funny post.

I laugh with funny posts because they are funny and witty at the same time.

Lach

Yeah! That was the first time this year I saw the guy that looks like Jason Statham (the guy that hands out the watches and caps for the podium guys) this year. He was much more prominent in the previous years...

Omiee

Amazing win and an amazing drive by vettel. Race strategy was better than grosjean. Webber could have fought for the win at the closing laps had he overtaken grosjean. Since he was not able to the last laps were much easier for vettel than he would have thought.

5th win in a row and looking like vettel will win his 4th championship in India. Joining all time greats fagio and shumi.

Top Bottom