• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Ce-Lin

Greater straight line speed, how does that work?

Got him anyway.

when it was already too late, ALO did when it mattered, like a champion, look at Felipe compared to Fernando and Grosjean compared to Kimi, one did show he's better than his team mate, the other NOT.

edit: De La Rosa claims robbery, analyzing how he saw the tyres' degradation and the radio messages ("1-2 Mark, 1-2 !")

Addnan

when it was already too late, ALO did when it mattered, as a champion, look at Felipe compared to Fernando and Grosjean compared to Kimi, one did show he's better than his team mate, the other NOT.

I don't get it, is this the first race you are watching this season?

Omiee

when it was already too late, ALO did when it mattered, as a champion, look at Felipe compared to Fernando and Grosjean compared to Kimi, one did show he's better than his team mate, the other NOT.

Like a champion? Woooow your getting funnier and funnier with your delusional posts haha. So were was his championship skills last weekend when he was unable to overtake hulkenberg or hamilton?

It almost looks like joke posts as a way to balance my vettel love lol.

Ce-Lin

I don't get it, is this the first race you are watching this season?

I'm joining the party of those claiming it was obvious Kimi was going to finish ahead of Fernando again and next year blablabla, you know, of course I know what happened, ALO is a much better driver on a much slower car. Still he was able to make it in front of Kimi. Try to spin that fact. Peace out.

edit: love the bitter tears guys, really, look at the facts, Grosjean > Kimi, Alonso > Felipe, they both had to show they were better on race day than their team mates, who failed ? Kimi. Like a champion I mean like a champ, but isn't he a champion ? bitter tears, today Kimi remained a shadow of Grosjean, and Massa once again a shadow of them all.

Addnan

I'm joining the party of those claiming it was obvious Kimi was going to finish ahead of Fernando again and next year blablabla, you know, of course I know what happened, ALO is a much better driver on a much slower car. Still he was able to make it in front of Kimi. Try to spin that fact. Peace out.

The Lotus is a much better car than Ferrari? What the hell are you basing that on.

Kind of impressed how much better Romain is now.

I guess he is getting the full support of Lotus now unlike at the beginning of the season when he got only the last year exhaust system.

kharma45

Sauber seem to have come on well enough, Korea wasn't a fluke. I had hoped for this from them at the start of the season with that fairly radical side pod design.

Addnan

you missed the 2nd half of the season, wake up earlier mate.
Lets see. Belgium car failed, Monza front wing broke. Singapore he qualified 13th, made it to 3rd, Korea (LOL) and Japan 5th. Wow, one place ahead.

I still don't get how you worked out the Lotus is a lot better.

Lets see. Belgium car failed, Monza front wing broke. Singapore he qualified 13th, made it to 3rd, Korea (LOL) and Japan 5th. Wow, one place ahead.

Take the Alonso factor away and Ferrari is more a red colored Force India.

Ce-Lin

ЯAW;85864462 said:
Is there video from Kimi's overtake on Esteban? Apparently 130R is pretty crazy place to overtake.

Google Alonso vs Schumacher 130R, there you go the best overtake in such an iconic turn, of course now comes the excuses about the Renault, but the RBR has none, it's Vettel.

yes, you know, I don't want arguments, you're right or whatever, sorry for your ulcer, Ferrari is the much better car. I really don't care, look where Massa is in the standings and don't make excuses on Sundays when massa underperforms time after time to forget them on Saturdays when Massa delivers (lolonso !! wow Fernando is this your best ? blabla ?) this is worse than soccer. As I said there's a much important reason to quit watching this joke.

and I'm done with F1 until Bernie is gone from the "sport", he didn't allow to honor María de Villota with a minute of silence and the drivers/teams had to do it inside their garages hiding from the old stupid bastard. This circus is unbearable, can't believe the news I'm hearing, fuck you Bernie Ecclestone cunt, María deserved much better, De La Rosa was in tears in Spanish TV telling about this, Bernie just won't stop his show and make it "quiet" for a minute, old asshole, only in F1. Enjoy this aberration.

Jucksalbe

Banned
and I'm done with F1 until Bernie is gone from the "sport", he didn't allow to honor María de Villota with a minute of silence and the drivers/teams had to do it inside their garages hiding from the old stupid bastard. This circus is unbearable, can't believe the news I'm hearing, fuck you Bernie Ecclestone cunt, María deserved much better, De La Rosa was in tears in Spanish TV telling about this, Bernie just won't stop his show and make it "quiet" for a minute, old asshole, only in F1. Enjoy this aberration.

Now, that's just disgusting. I didn't hear anything about it on German TV, did the teams request it?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Now, that's just disgusting. I didn't hear anything about it on German TV, did the teams request it?

GPDA drivers had a minute of silence before the race and they decided that they will dedicate podium ceremony to her memory. Also almost all drivers had her star emblem on their helmets in her memory.

And another first class field day for Mercedes crew. They will end 4th in constructors with this pace. Looks like they are sacrificing 2013 standings...

Well, that didn't fucking work, did it?

So what happened with Webber? Good start? When did Vettel overtake him?

Grosjean overtook Webber at the start and that probably cost Webber the race since he would have needed to pull out a gap to make his three stop strategy work.

It could have worked anyway but he had problems getting past Grosjean towards the end and once he got past it was too late to catch Vettel.

Blablurn

But Melbourne's not til March?

tumblr_mu8vkcSsXZ1rolcoxo5_250.gif

Shaneus

Grosjean overtook Webber at the start and that probably cost Webber the race since he would have needed to pull out a gap to make his three stop strategy work.

It could have worked anyway but he had problems getting past Grosjean towards the end and once he got past it was too late to catch Vettel.
At that point, isn't it not too late to switch to a different strategy? Fuck's sake.

Did it look like anyone benefited from a 3-stop? Did anyone even bother going for one?

At that point, isn't it not too late to switch to a different strategy? Fuck's sake.

Did it look like anyone benefited from a 3-stop? Did anyone even bother going for one?

Webber is hard on his tyres. In the end webber took too long to pass romain on track to challenge vettel.

Ce-Lin

Webber is hard on his tyres. In the end webber took too long to pass romain on track to challenge vettel.

yes that's why everyone is wondering why he was forced to switch to a 3 stopper when according to DLR the tyres were in perfect shape (same as Vettel in spite of the infinite locks he had today) and didn't need that extra pit-stop at all. My last comment of the season until Bernie dies, please review that radio message of Vettel to wall regarding Webber "I don't wan't him anywhere close".

in other news I watched MotoGP, can't believe I don't watch it more often, the skill is incredible and the sense of danger and speed untouchable, they're freaking heroes compared to the millionaires cruising behind an expensive wheel we have in F1, as I said done with the sport. And yes De La Rosa achieved what Bernie didn't want to happen, getting teams to at least hold the minute of silence inside the garages as the old British cunt wouldn't allow that to be hold on track before the formation lap. Done. MotoGP is so amazing, real skill and less shenanigans.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
. MotoGP is so amazing, real skill and less shenanigans.
MotoGP is racing league full of crybabies (buhuhu, he was too aggressive i want him punished because he will kill somebody on the next race) and top drivers are full blown divas, only without tiaras. Lorenzo would be pretty in pink dress, fo' sure. Check Moto2 for some real racing, where you will see 4 drivers going into the corner side by side. And maybe all four will go out...

Zeknurn

I don't understand why Hulkenberg wouldn't go with Lotus and vice versa. Best available driver and the best available team.
If they go with Massa he must be bringing lods emony. Bernie must have a hand in it.

Webber's race was over after he didn't could overtake Romain. He was fucking fast in his last stint until he was stuck behind the Lotus.

But it's funnier to go full tinfoil.

Top Bottom