• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Omiee

Webber should at least make it to lap 30 right? they said the tires can go 30 laps?

or is he going to pit lap 25 and again on lap 55 for a 5 lap stint on the softs.

Vettel only has to pit on lap 28, can he make it to the end of the gp?

kmag

Webber should at least make it to lap 30 right? they said the tires can go 30 laps?

or is he going to pit lap 25 and again on lap 55 for a 5 lap stint on the softs.

Vettel only has to pit on lap 28, can he make it to the end of the gp?

Vettel should be able to just do the one stop until the end. If he can't then Webber will probably win, but the Vettel will almost certainly be able to eek out his 2nd set of mediums til the end without massive performance issues

Bottom line Webber needed around a 17-18 second 'lead' to have a chance on the 6 laps of softs he'll have at the end. The gap is 11.6 and slowly coming down. Barring a mechanical or a puncture then Vettel has this comfortably won.

Omiee

Never thought of this but that could be the winning strategy for webber. Get this tire out of the way and then go for the medium one.

kmag

Interesting change in strategy for Webber. It won't accomplish anything but he may as well see what he can do with 5 laps of clear air and soft boots.

Shaneus

Gun it, Webs. How many laps could he get out of these softs, or will he just do what everyone else did and get rid of them ASAP?

Omiee

so webber has to win 8 or 10 seconds on this tire to come behind or in front of vettel?

webber is going to pit in 3 laps and come 2 or 3 seconds behind vettel.

moojito

I love bbc weekends. Need a toilet break? Open iplayer on my phone, take it downstairs to the bog with me, come back up, carry on watching the same stream on my PC.

Truly we are living in the future.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thought Vettel would have gone a bit longer, but I guess he did drive the hell out of those tyres.

Vettel made pretty much exactly half of the race on those tyres, so no problem there. Massa on the other hand came in a bit early I thought.
And lol at those soft tyres, Webber already pitted again. Those tyres are a joke.

Krilekk

Banned
so webber has to win 8 or 10 seconds on this tire to come behind or in front of vettel?

webber is going to pit in 3 laps and come 2 or 3 seconds behind vettel.

Yeah, it was never going to happen. Soft tyre is .8 seconds faster than medium but only lasts six quick laps. Plus Vettel is .5 seconds faster than Webber on average. Webber did what he could, shaving 1.5 seconds off of Vettels lead.

Top Bottom