• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Omiee

I really am curious to hear after the race what was in their head to get him in so early. Look at Massa he is still leading. Vettel could have done better.

Alonso has no chance at finishing 2nd

Kimi slowly catching Hulkenberg. without the horrible and late pitstop he would be further up the field. I don´t understand the late change of tires.

kmag

Vettel has this won. The gap is around 13 seconds between him and Webber and the pit takes 21 seconds. That's an 8 second gap Webber needs to make up and you can't do that in the 4-6 laps you'll get on the softs at the end. And the Vettel is currently closing the gap and increasing his relative lead.

Vettel has this won. The gap is around 13 seconds between him and Webber and the pit takes 21 seconds. That's an 8 second gap Webber needs to make up and you can't do that in the 4-6 laps you'll get on the softs at the end. And the Vettel is currently closing the gap and increasing his relative lead.

I don't think there is much to discuss about it. Vettel won in Japan although having the conventional and slower strategy.

The gap between Vettel and Webber is really big in the race.

kmag

His tyres are older, thus worked better earlier. Now Vettel is one second faster per lap, Webber will pit soon.

There's normally a dead phase on the mediums for a couple of laps where the performance drops off, it normally comes back for a bit. I'd wouldn't expect Webber to come in until about lap 25.

Top Bottom