• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I bet he will get some silly penalty for that from some fun-free steward.

pants

Something really fucked up has been going on at Lotus since Kimi said he was going to Ferrari, it's souring me on that team fast.

Xun

Lots of Vettel support at the moment.

I guess because most people have given up watching it?

Anyway congrats on your 4th win Vettel...

Ce-Lin

hope Vettel isn't punished for the show at the end (deserved) he had some fun and no one was in danger, even if he is we will win next and remaining races, he's too good, the car, his skills, Pirelli changing tyres, whatever, truth is he's almost always 30+ seconds in front.

Four time moral champion. Now that is something.

lol, well, the best from the rest, including Kimi and Hamilton, so if he manages to hold on to 2nd is still a good year, but let's not take anything away from that RBR car and the driver behind its wheel, also Webber, how ? he's the unluckiest driver in history.

deroli

Congrats to four time world champion Sebastian Vettel. And he's just 26 years old, amazing :bow

Hope the competition steps its game up next year. I don't wanna see another boring season with Vettel crushing all his opponents.

Lach

Even though I have to admit that I hoped that the alternator would fail on Seb too, I have to congratulate him to this incredible quadruple championship!

I don't like his dominance from an entertainment standpoint, but it's a monstrous achievement!

Ce-Lin

I believe it was Alonso who crashed into Webber at the race start and damaged his front wing, Webber had a little of a moment there and Fernando didn't react in time, have to see it again though. Not that he was going to finish higher than P4-P6 with extreme luck.

Krilekk

Banned
Props to Newey. That car is substance over style, ugly ass nose but you don't win championships with cars that look fast or slick.

Ce-Lin

If there's a driver who can steal Schumacher' records away from him... it must be Vettel, let's see what the next season brings. My drivers of the race were Vettel for making 15 fastest laps in a row (car, skill and talent, combination of everything, we all have opinions) but I would give today to Grosjean for making those tyres last beyond the laws of friction, traction, drag and inertia in contrast to Kimi who had to make a last-lap stop to prevent going in a straight line out of the track. Is Grosjean the next Vettel ? time will tell, but he's decimating Kimi at the moment.

So yeah for whatever reasons today #2 drivers spanked #1 drivers, Grosjean, Rosberg and Massa showing they are no Chilton (with due respect). GG and take care you all, congrats to Vettel, his fans, RBR Team, Renault, sponsors, engineers, mechanics and the rest of the staff, Germany, Austria and here's hoping next season is a bit more entertaining.

Is Grosjean the next Vettel ? time will tell, but he's decimating Kimi at the moment.
That would actually make some sort of sense. Vettel's early time at Red Bull was filled with incidents and mistakes before he sorted his game out and started to put in top level performances.

That would actually make some sort of sense. Vettel's early time at Red Bull was filled with incidents and mistakes before he sorted his game out and started to put in top level performances.

Only that Vettel was even way younger than Hamilton when he started his F1 career.

Grosjean is older and still several steps below Vettel or any of the top drivers. He is morelikely a Webber class driver.

Mohonky

New rules and engines cant come soon enough but i doubt it will make any difference. Redbull can field a good car at the start of every season, but just before the half way point they develop it into an unstoppable machine.

You get the impression the other drivers just dont even care anymore.

Massa

Vettel is completely dominating F1 and personally I find it amazing to watch. What a brilliant driver, congrats to him.

Deadman

What did Vettel say live? I missed it that bit.

He was talking about how strange it was for him to remember being a kid looking up to the f1 drivers he now races against. Also how when he met schumacher when he was 10 it was "like meeting god" but now that he knows schumacher better he sees him as the person rather than the driver. And about how strange it is when he goes to karting places now there are kids looking up to him even though he still feels like one himself.

Gruso

About the donut part

Vettel: Thats what people pay for.
Sky: do they
Vettel: They do on your channel lol.
lol

As much as I don't want to see this dominance, and I was gutted to see Mark retire, I can't help but feel good to see the team celebrate the championship. And it's been the same way every year. Every one of them works their arse off for this reward.

Xun

He was talking about how strange it was for him to remember being a kid looking up to the f1 drivers he now races against. Also how when he met schumacher when he was 10 it was "like meeting god" but now that he knows schumacher better he sees him as the person rather than the driver. And about how strange it is when he goes to karting places now there are kids looking up to him even though he still feels like one himself.
Sorry I should've been more specific, since I saw that. I missed when he swore. :p

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Who would have thought...

x.jpg

Road

Thank God the championship is officially over now. Now Vettel can take a holiday and skip the remaining races. Please? :(

There are two records he can match by winning the remaining races:

most consecutive wins - Ascari 9
most wins in one season - Schumacher 13

This is his best chance...

Anyway, congrats to RBR and Vettel. I still remember when I used to laugh Red Bull had two teams going nowhere.

Something I saw on TV, age at 4th championship:

Fangio 45
Schumacher 32
Vettel 26

Is someone with 45 even allowed to drive anymore these days? haha

Chris R

Oh look, another Webber parts failure. Tires should come from the factory with 20 laps on them. Best racing of the day again come at the end between the top ten places. Last Indian GP for how long now? 10 years?

Top Bottom