• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

iZFTYil2LNf2s.gif

iXtJngAX2ZfyF.gif

Hawt.

Certinty

Been a Massa fan for so long and can't wait till the race. I know he probably won't win but just to have a chance of finally winning another race is amazing! Vamos Felipe!

Xun

I doubt I'll bother getting up to watch the race.

I know it's at 8, but I'll just watch it later on the BBC.

Omiee

Tires should not play this big of a deal in this sport.

its like everybody is only talking about the pirelly tires. nice for them having their name in the press all the time but its to much of an influence now.

watching the race later cuz i have to sleap, just got back from a party. good night everybody

enjoy the race.

dubc35

Race is on at 1am here, I'll be watching it tomorrow evening...might spill into Monday after work depending on how busy I am tomorrow.

Dead Man

Tires should not play this big of a deal in this sport.

its like everybody is only talking about the pirelly tires. nice for them having their name in the press all the time but its to much of an influence now.

watching the race later cuz i have to sleap, just got back from a party. good night everybody

enjoy the race.

Tyres should always play a part in a rce, they are the interface between the car and the track. You don't want a tyre manufacturer to be more important than the chassis manufacturer, sure, that's why everyone has the same tyres.

I wouldn't mind the tyres being so crap if they gave a commensurate return in performance. But they are slower and more fragile than last year. If they were 2s a lap faster I would be fine with that.

JPM still holds the lap record at Sepang from like 2003. V10 v V8 but still!

Dead Man

I wouldn't mind the tyres being so crap if they gave a commensurate return in performance. But they are slower and more fragile than last year. If they were 2s a lap faster I would be fine with that.

JPM still holds the lap record at Sepang from like 2003. V10 v V8 but still!

Lots of the track records are from 2004ish. Of the tracks that were used in 2004 or earlier: Melbourne, 2004. Bahrain, 2004. Catalunya, 2008. Montreal, 2004. Current Hungaroring, 2004. Interlagos, 2004. Monaco, 2004. Monza, 2004. NurburgringGP, 2004. Shanghai, 2004. Silverstone Arena layout, 2009. Silverstone Bridge layout, 2004. Suzuka, 2005.

I mean, come on. Nobody was complaining the cars were too slow last year.

Mastah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ggctsn0EA0E#!

I'm no expert but I think the penalty is ridiculous...

Before judging anything, one should look for explanations and reasons:

http://184.106.145.74/f1-championsh...alaysia Grand Prix 2013 DocumentNumber-23.pdf

Fact Car 7 Impeded Car 9 between Turns 12 and 15.

Now look at where Turns 12-15 are to see that YT footage only shows Rosberg after Turn 14, so we have no idea what happened between Turns 12 and 14. Sterwards did, hence the penalty for blocking.

02-malaysia3.jpg

Mobius 1

Drinking black tea like an shipwrecked Englishman. I have to stay awake to see the aftermath of Massa vs Vettel on the first corner.

Mastah

Speaking of blocking, I love salt coming from Anthony Davidson on Checo-Hulk situation. He was sure there will be penalty, but once again he was wrong, lol. In Monaco last year he couldn't or rather didn't want to see on his fancy SkyPad how suspension in Sauber collapses and puts driver into barrier and tried to blame Checo, despite slow mo replay showing clearly suspension failure. Well, I guess some Mexican guy driving for McLaren and being paid handsomely, while compatriot and pal di Resta has to drive for peanuts for Force India, must hurt.

Lach

Haha
They are talking about the loosing of liquid during the race on RTL. Lauda was talking about how he had a large advantage in hot races after he had his accident because he doesn't sweat through his burnt tissue (which covers his hole head) and didn't have problem of sweat getting into his eyes and obstructing his view...

Haha
They are talking about the loosing of liquid during the race on RTL. Lauda was talking about how he had a large advantage in hot races after he had his accident because he doesn't sweat through his burnt tissue (which covers his hole head) and didn't have problem of sweat getting into his eyes and obstructing his view...

Talk about looking at the bright side..

Lach

Good Morning F1 GAF

Let's hope for a good race today. Last years Malaysia GP was very special for me. After nearly 20 hours of traveling I had arrived ad tokyo airport and we had to take the train into the city (about an hour). Luckily we had picked up our mobile wifi devices so I had the chance to check the internet for a live ticker of the F1 race that was still on. Turned out all the live tickers were shit and the best source of news was the Neogaf F1 Thread and continually pressing F5 on it was a great experience following this topic. Sunhi's GIF's came so quickly and gave great insight into Checo hunting down Alonso. So thank you GAF...Thank you...

Sloane

Banned
Rain... Track looks interesting though, some parts dry, others very wet...

lol Bottas

Wonder if the start will be postponed...

Dead Man

Danny what are you doing? Stay on the track on your out lap.

Good Morning F1 GAF

Let's hope for a good race today. Last years Malaysia GP was very special for me. After nearly 20 hours of traveling I had arrived ad tokyo airport and we had to take the train into the city (about an hour). Luckily we had picked up our mobile wifi devices so I had the chance to check the internet for a live ticker of the F1 race that was still on. Turned out all the live tickers were shit and the best source of news was the Neogaf F1 Thread and continually pressing F5 on it was a great experience following this topic. Sunhi's GIF's came so quickly and gave great insight into Checo hunting down Alonso. So thank you GAF...Thank you...

Hah, that's awesome man.

-SD-

Banned
What the heck is going on with the judges?

Räikkönen got dropped 3 places without Mercedes even making anything of the, so called, incident with Rosberg and Niko never mentioned about it in the interviews. As if someone in the jury was determined to give penalty to Kimi and just made up a reason.

DBT85

Another interesting Hamilton tidbit

From TheSun though.

He said: “I get very hands on and involved. I was very involved with the car at McLaren.

“I designed my own steering wheel and my own pedal box. I get very much involved and I have done that here at Mercedes.

“For example, I did my own seat. I filed it down and set it up, then gave it back to the team to make.

“They have never had that before and the seat is perfect. They are not used to it being done in one go and it is the lightest seat they have ever had.

“I cut off the bits I don’t want and used sandpaper to file it down. The team were a bit surprised and the guy at the factory who normally does it just stood and watched.”

FFS, they are having a conversation about hair. I hate SKY F1.

Top Bottom