• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

inPMgs1DHAiFz.gif
They don't even like each other on twitter, that's how I know it's fake.

Zeknurn

I wonder if they will do what they did to Vettel at Abu Dhabi. Start from pits and setup car for straight line speed.

Red Bull does not have the pace advantage they had at Abu Dhabi though.

What's the chance of a Safety Car at the Chinese GP in the dry?

edit: 38% according to Williams preview.

dalin80

Banned
Red Bull does not have the pace advantage they had at Abu Dhabi though.

Being Renault powered webber should start the race much lighter on fuel then most of the other cars around him, with a large selection of tyres and a naturally faster car I can see him getting a couple of points. Will need to beast the DRS zones though.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Kimi has this. He seems to be able to drive few more laps then others with current tires long as the track is hot/warm. I bet those few laps are going to be decisive in this race. Go Kimi!

Adamm

Kimi has this. He seems to be able to drive few more laps then others with current tires long as the track is hot/warm. I bet those few laps are going to be decisive in this race. Go Kimi!

Massa seemed to be easiest on his tired during practice

cmr-94

Been impressed with Chandhok this weekend for Sky. Though this is probably down to Johnny Herbert being in the comm box for practice sessions recently. He is the worst

Shaneus

Argh fuck. Well, best we can hope for is that he dominates the field and gets a top 5 finish. Certainly takes the pressure off Vettel and any concerns he would've had with having to tough it out with his teammate.

As much as the penalty fits the evidence, it still fucking sucks that he has to cop a full penalty for it. With any luck he gets a clean, quick start a la Malaysia but being amongst the backmarkers, will allow him to jump even more places.

At least, I hope so. Best I can hope for is a points finish with a Vettel DNF. Which is a possibility... he could well get over-ambitious/anxious at the start, what with having an STR (and a 2 min-qualifier in Button) ahead of him.

Ark

Impressive pole from Lewis, don't think he'll take the win though. Should be an interesting race tomorrow nevertheless.

Nevasleep

How about a penalty for drivers who don't set a time. Perhaps making them use the tire choice of pole.
Or does the choice make F1 more interesting?

thabiz

leewwwiiiissss!!

i swear, ive got my tinfoil hat on with this weber stuff. this is just too weird. tough break. whats next? forget to put a tire on during a stop.

if there's any justice, vettel is out in the first 10 laps.

Worldrecord pitstop and pro Webber team order in last race. And people are still in tin foil mode?
Vettel had also a similiar problem in Singapore last season.

dalin80

Banned
How about a penalty for drivers who don't set a time. Perhaps making them use the tire choice of pole.

I would just go with a fixed 5 place penalty, but even then it wont stop the possibility of a driver cruising around at 30mph and setting a token lap on almost pristine tyres.

Addnan

It would probably have to be something like within a certain time of pole, or they would do just do what Button did.

With any luck he gets a clean, quick start a la Malaysia

I reckon he'll be 26th by the first corner.

So then what happens if someone qualifies in the top 10 in Q2, but doesn't make it back to the pits due to a car failure or an unavoidable collision? Or suffers a similar fate during Q3 before they set a time?

i swear, ive got my tinfoil hat on with this weber stuff. this is just too weird. tough break. whats next? forget to put a tire on during a stop.

You do realise that Vettel's engineers aren't Webber's engineers right? What possible reason would they have to screw over Webber?

Jenson seemed happy with his grid position. Hopefully McLaren don't fuck it up for him tomorrow and he can pick up a decent amount of points. I can see the strategy working perfectly for Vettel because as Lewis said Sebastian is pretty lucky.

Lach

Hamilton is a better sportsman than Vettel.

I love his glance at the camera. You really can imagine him thinking "great a camera! A good chance to let them see how great a sportsman I've become...". He really has become likable again since he got to Mercedes though..

Omiee

If they don't help Vettel in the race, will you still be thanking Pirelli?

Last time I looked, it was called Formula One not 'Formula Manage Tires'.

I was being sarcastic. I hate these new pirelli tires. Vettel should have set a time in stead of going with the medium tire.

Its all fun and stuff that they bring another tactical element to the sport but now its just to big of an factor.

Really funny btw that hamilton was bashing the tires but is on pole tomorrow.

I love his glance at the camera. You really can imagine him thinking "great a camera! A good chance to let them see how great a sportsman I've become...". He really has become likable again since he got to Mercedes though..

Well, not sure if it was what he thought but it looks more that it was rather Button who congratulated Hamilton for his pole. Hamilton was basically just there.

Shaneus

You do realise that Vettel's engineers aren't Webber's engineers right? What possible reason would they have to screw over Webber?
Do they use the same fuel pumps? It doesn't seem like the sort of thing that they would have individual ones for (unless they're used when the car is actually in the garage itself, in which case, they definitely would).

No idea how the fuck one guy can have mechanical issues in over half of his races at this point in the season. Fucking sucks.

I reckon he'll be 26th by the first corner.
His starts this year have been markedly better than last. Mechanical failure in Melbourne and the last one he jumped five spots. Providing he has KERS from the start, there's no reason he couldn't be at least 20th by the first corner.

Other side of the pond for me so no, but maybe someday.
Ping me when you're thinking of going, I'd love to make a pilgrimage up there. We can watch Webber beast that LMP-1 Porsche together ;)

Dilly

Banned
Really funny btw that hamilton was bashing the tires but is on pole tomorrow.

It isn't if you actually understand what the problem with the tires is.

It wouldn't be a long trip for me to go to Le Mans, but it's always during my finals. :(

duckroll

Regardless of there being a Red Bull conspiracy against Webber or not, I see little reason for him to continue with the team after this season. It's just sad and depressing now.

Dilly

Banned
Ping me when you're thinking of going, I'd love to make a pilgrimage up there. We can watch Webber beast that LMP-1 Porsche together ;)

I'd say Webber would make an excellent endurance driver (yes, I know he already did) but does he want to return to prototypes after his CLK GTR crash?

Top Bottom