• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie, stop embarrassing Formula 1:
Vilified by the international community for his government's attitude on gay rights, Russian president Vladimir Putin has found himself an ally in Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
Putin's government, whose recently-introduced anti-gay legislation -- which prohibits spreading so-called "gay" propaganda to minors -- has been a focal point of critics.
Opponents argue that the law enacted last year is in contravention to the spirit of the Olympic Games, with the Winter version being hosted this month by the Russian Black Sea resort of Sochi.
But in an exclusive interview with CNN, Ecclestone says he "completely agrees" with Putin's policy towards homosexuals.
"He hasn't said he doesn't agree (with homosexuality) just that he doesn't want these things publicized to an audience under the age of 18," said Ecclestone, arguing critics had misrepresented Putin."I completely agree with those sentiments and if you took a world census you'd find 90% of the world agree with it as well," added the 83-year-old, who oversees one of the world's most lucrative sports.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/20/sport/motorsport/ecclestone-putin-sochi-formula-one/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Shaneus

I'm going to miss the race tomorrow because the lady and I are off to Silverstone to watch WEBBAH's WEC debut, which, as you can imagine, I'm pretty excited about!

I'll try and get a photo for Shaneus, but I can't promise anything! ;-)

Hope the race is a good one! I look forward to catching up on the reactions tomorrow night.
Man, that should be fucking AWESOME. Make sure you post all about it here.
XG98AKB.jpg

Mobius 1

I'm going to miss the race tomorrow because the lady and I are off to Silverstone to watch WEBBAH's WEC debut, which, as you can imagine, I'm pretty excited about!

I'll try and get a photo for Shaneus, but I can't promise anything! ;-)

Hope the race is a good one! I look forward to catching up on the reactions tomorrow night.

I bought my tickets for the Austin race yesterday, can't wait.

Draconian

It strikes me that it'd be smart for F1 manager to allow two pole time guesses, one for dry, one for wet. Would alleviate the issue of people getting caught out for having to second-guess the weather.

Absolutely this. Rain makes guessing the pole time such a crapshoot because depending on the amount of rain, the times can vary drastically.

Pimpwerx

I purchased the premium sub for the F1 app yesterday and I like it. It's not a very intuitive interface, but it does offer some really cool data. The splits to the other car is very handy. I've really only been using the best lap and main timing screens. I think some of the others are more useful in race. PEACE.

Yagami_Sama

I used the trial version last year and I really liked, but since I joined Gaf I more informed than when I was using the app.
But I will try to test.

RoKKeR

Well I was planning on getting to sleep early today and watching the replay on NBC in the morning tomorrow, but I ended up taking a surprise 2-3 hour nap (lol) today, so I might just say fuck it and bite the bullet.

If it's boring I'll call it a night, but damn these Asian race times! More night races over there pls.

Would love to see a podium finish by Williams and I sort of expect Hamilton to run away with it if it's dry.

hamchan

Living in Australia is pretty decent for F1. Asian races and our race at 5pm. European races at 10pm. Only the three races in the Americas are on at crazy times.

8am race for me. It's almost 6am... I am without sleep. Fuck it, I have it set to record so I will just ignore Gaf when I wake up and go watch it! Looking forward to the gifs.

Pimpwerx

I used the trial version last year and I really liked, but since I joined Gaf I more informed than when I was using the app.
But I will try to test.
Yes, it's a one time payment. I think it's overpriced, honestly, but I had promo money sitting in my Play account, so it wasn't an issue. I might be a little hesitant to pay $11 next year. PEACE.

Yagami_Sama

Living in Australia is pretty decent for F1. Asian races and our race at 5pm. European races at 10pm. Only the three races in the Americas are on at crazy times.

For me all races in Asin are in between 02 and 5 am, in Europe are in between 08 am and 10 am and the ones in the Americas are in the afternoom 2pm and 4pm.

Salamndar

Race is 10 AM here, I am supposed to be studying for my CCNA and CCNP but just can't get interrupted so decided to hold that until end of the race.........23 Min. left for race!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
9 am here and I will have a battle with my dad, because he wants to watch ice hockey WC division 1 game...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I will have to watch stream from our national TV (it works for IP numbers from our country), that means 25 second delay :\

Yagami_Sama

Let's see Magnussen performace today. Start in the top is one thing, start in the middle group and reach the top is another.

And please no rain and no safety car this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom