• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramparter

Banned
4 races in and Kimi already proven worthless, Ric faster than Vet and Mercedes promoting Ham for WDC even though Ros is the better driver...

not serious

Pimpwerx

Stonking pole lap by Lewis. Not even the best he could do either. Great job. He is gashing the field in S3, and I don't know how.

Good job by Danny Ricky again. Also, the Hulk made a solid effort. PEACE.

Razgreez

Stonking pole lap by Lewis. Not even the best he could do either. Great job. He is gashing the field in S3, and I don't know how.

Good job by Danny Ricky again. Also, the Hulk made a solid effort. PEACE.

It's just pure luck, after all he's not a very technical driver especially in comparison to Rosberg...

haha

RoKKeR

Very impressive poll lap by Hamilton, good on Riccairdo for taking it to Vettel, and Williams did respectably in the wet for a change which was good to see.

Hopefully the race is interesting!

John_B

Hamilton is totally calm. Took the DNF in Australia and Rosberg's pole in Bahrain with smiles, kept Rosberg behind him in Bahrain with a cool head. Rosberg on the other hand is forcing errors (all three wet qualifications ruined by himself), and seems distressed when loosing out to Hamilton.

Rosberg needs to calm down if he wants to come out ahead in the end. Hamilton has a huge benefit of already having a championship and been in the fight several times.

Ce-Lin

Vettel is consistently being outdriven by a rookie. not so good looking now that you have to "drive" the car instead of "point and shoot on rails", his mighty car got some fans deluded for some years now.

Also Kimi... a waste of money really, he's no doing better job than Massa so far.

Juicy Bob

Got to imagine that it'll be an easy hat trick for Lewis tomorrow if it stays dry (although I think he'll win in the wet too).

The Mercedes is still significantly quicker than the Red Bull and with the power advantage they have you'll have to imagine that Rosberg will just float past the two Bulls relatively quickly once DRS is activated on that monster straight.

Also, no disrespect to McLaren and K-Mag fans, but I can't help but enjoy watching Ron Dennis looking on as his team fail again...

Nicktendo86

This McLaren is a dog, no wonder Ron wrestled the team back it must have been running like a shambles to be the fucking slowest merc powered car with their resources and money. Disgraceful. I still feel the future is bright with Honda and new blood coming in but the short/medium term is going to be PAINFUL.

Hamilton is the best driver of this generation, if he had the equipment would be a 4-5 time world champ by now, no question.

So happy to see Ricciardo beating Vettel, really hope that we see he has been flattered by a rocketship car and is in fact, at best, an average-good driver.

Hammer24

Banned
For the Shan-man:

BlkSqN0CYAE-yhw.jpg

RIC to take over the RBR Twitter in a couple of minutes.

Shaneus

Looks like local TV has qualy delayed by an hour :/ Wankers.

Edit: Or, F1 website fucked up the time conversion, it's showing as the same time as the broadcast here now. Weird.
I completely forgot about it :/ Is it worth rewatching via download or if it's on TV again?

For the Shan-man:

BlkSqN0CYAE-yhw.jpg

RIC to take over the RBR Twitter in a couple of minutes.
<3

I was hoping, but I honestly wasn't expecting Danny to show up Vettel at practically every race so far this season, technical issues or not. Love it.

Dead Man

I completely forgot about it :/ Is it worth rewatching via download or if it's on TV again?

<3

I was hoping, but I honestly wasn't expecting Danny to show up Vettel at practically every race so far this season, technical issues or not. Love it.

Nah, pretty mundane for a wet qualy. If it's on again rewatch but don't other making a special effort.

Ark

Solid qualy. Had everything really. Kimi being bad, Alonso finishing fifth, Hamilton on prime form, Rosberg struggling under his own expectations, Ricciardo showing up Vettel, Williams figuring out how to drive in the wet.

Will be interesting to see how much of that translates into the race tomorrow.

TCRS

Banned
damn man, those gaps. ricciardo almost 0.6 of a second, vettel another half a second behind hammer. alonso ~0.5 sec behind rosberg. oh well.

wth happened to kimi? was he just slow or did something happen?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The Mercedes is still significantly quicker than the Red Bull and with the power advantage they have you'll have to imagine that Rosberg will just float past the two Bulls relatively quickly once DRS is activated on that monster straight.

But...but they said on Sky that Mercedes lost all of their advantage

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Exactly :)

Also, Rosberg revealed that he had wrong reading on his display. He thought that he is 2 tenth behind delta time, but he was half a second in front. So he pushed a bit too much.

Mclaren looks like total crap in wet (not so far also in the dry, to be fair). Kimi will have a difficult year in 2014...

Nicktendo86

McLaren are taking RB to court over Fallows. They fucking need all the help they can get, hopefully they let Produmou off garden leave early
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113542
Autosport said:
Sadly, it's now likely that McLaren will have no alternative other than to pursue a High Court action against Red Bull, which will ask very serious questions as to that team's integrity and sense of fair play," Dennis told AUTOSPORT.

Just days before Fallows' McLaren start date - and despite having signed a legally binding contract with McLaren, being on gardening leave from Red Bull, and moving to a new home near Woking - he suddenly informed us that he no longer wanted to work for us.

The problem was, he had no legal basis on which to make that U-turn because he'd already formally accepted, and contracted himself to, our offer of employment.

"Worse, our attempts to contact him were met with stony silence. The mystery was only solved many weeks later, when he was suddenly announced as Red Bull's head of aero."

Nicktendo86

Shouldn't they be chasing Fallows rather than RB? He is the one in breach of contract if there is a contract breach, no?
Honestly I have no idea, from the article they are asking questions as to whether RB saw the contract or got in touch with him while he was on gardening leave which I THINK is illegal? I dunno, think this is more about wanting to get Peter P early tbh

Dead Man

Honestly I have no idea, from the article they are asking questions as to whether RB saw the contract or got in touch with him while he was on gardening leave which I THINK is illegal? I dunno, think this is more about wanting to get Peter P early tbh
Ah, missed that implication about the gardening leave. More money at RB too.

dalin80

Banned
Shouldn't they be chasing Fallows rather than RB? He is the one in breach of contract if there is a contract breach, no?

The industrial employment laws are a complex beast and the contracts signed themselves are probably massive but I would expect mclaren have a claim against both parties but chasing Fallows wouldn't get them anything, if RB new he had signed a contract and contacted him anyway then that is considerably more... interesting.

Poor Alonso, his amazing drives are consistently wasted by his dog of a car. He needs to bail from Ferrari and get to an upper tier team, the sport will benefit from him being in a race winning car again. Im baffled by Sebastian. But lets see how he does tomorrow against his teammate.

jey_16

Banned
Poor Alonso, his amazing drives are consistently wasted by his dog of a car. He needs to bail from Ferrari and get to an upper tier team, the sport will benefit from him being in a race winning car again. Im baffled by Sebastian. But lets see how he does tomorrow against his teammate.

Mercedes is locked out and I can only see him going to Red Bull if Vettel leaves, no other team could afford him. McLaren is a long shot considering they still don't have a title sponsor and despite having the best PU on the grid they are abysmally slow and are essentially the slowest Mercedes powered team at the moment. Who knows what it's going to be like with Honda next year....

malyce

McLaren is gonna be in a world of hurt next year if they think that Honda PU is gonna save them.

I still dont think Webber was "slower" than vettel. I think the blown floors was just the inverse of his driving style and he was just not as quick as vettel with that chassis/car. He was still faster than the everyone else on the grid not named Hamilton and Alonso. He was quick the show up vettel in the few races where the team didn't have it up to scratch.

Rosberg will have to place no less than 2nd if he's to retain his WDC lead over Hamilton. I wish the red bulls were not down on power. Would make for a great four way battle upfront.

Alonso>Kimi, not like this wasn't known, the shit car isn't really helping either.

Hulk/Alonso battel for 5th tomorrow?

Pimpwerx

McLaren is gonna be in a world of hurt next year if they think that Honda PU is gonna save them.

I still dont think Webber was "slower" than vettel. I think the blown floors was just the inverse of his driving style and he was just not as quick as vettel with that chassis/car. He was still faster than the everyone else on the grid not named Hamilton and Alonso. He was quick the show up vettel in the few races where the team didn't have it up to scratch.

Rosberg will have to place no less than 2nd if he's to retain his WDC lead over Hamilton. I wish the red bulls were not down on power. Would make for a great four way battle upfront.

Alonso>Kimi, not like this wasn't known, the shit car isn't really helping either.

Hulk/Alonso battel for 5th tomorrow?
I disagree. Webber got proper dusted by Seb. No technical gimmicks, just straight up mollywhopped by the kid. The best drivers all adjusted to the EBD. Webber didn't. PEACE.

malyce

I disagree. Webber got proper dusted by Seb. No technical gimmicks, just straight up mollywhopped by the kid. The best drivers all adjusted to the EBD. Webber didn't. PEACE.
Sure he got blown away by Seb, but Seb was also the clear #1 driver in the best car on the grid that was being developed around his driving style. His horrible starts and his bad luck didn't really help his cause. I'm not saying vettel isn't the better driver of the 2, but I've seen posts where Webber was considered utter garbage as an F1 driver, which I don't think is true. Not saying he was ever in a position to be one of the greats of anything, as he lacked adaptability, but if Ricky keeps this up for the rest of the season the same can be said for vettel as far as adaptability goes.

Nicktendo86

Could go either way. Merc's aero is so good as they could designed the car around the pu, they knew about short exhaust, cooling requirements etc. Ferrari aero is thought to also be very good, the shit engine is hindering them.

Question is, will the Honda pu be good?

TCRS

Banned
I was watching an old review of the 2000 season the other day. A friend of mine still had it on videotape. What an amazing and emotional season that was. We had Schumacher coming back from the serious accident in Silverstone 1999, four years of no drivers title, we had one of the best looking Ferraris ever and those beautiful V10s.

An amazing start to the season with three victories, then two rather weak races in Silverstone and Spain, another win at Nürburg, retirement monaco, win in canada. and then came the catastrophic midseason where he DNFd in France, Austria and Germany. Hakkinen and Coulthard both were only two points behind him. But he found back his mojo with P2 in Hungary and Belgium which Hakkinen won with his amazing overtake of Schumacher. But he still lost the lead in the championship, Hakkinen is now leading by 6 points.

Italy 2000. What a race. Schumacher wins with one stop, ties with Ayrton Senna's 41 record victories, tears in the press conference, there's a spectacular accident which results in the death of a marshall. In fact these were two accidents, first Frentzen driving into Barrichello and then the Arrows later flipping through the air and landing besides them. Crazy, absolutely crazy. Schumacher is still two points behind Hakkinen.

In Indy Schumacher regained the lead in the championship with a solid 8 point lead. And then came Japan 2000. Schumacher is behind Hakkinen the whole time, he needs a victory to seal the deal, but it doesn't look too good. but then towards the end of the race drizzle. Hakkinen waits too long, Schumacher slips by. Final lap, chequered flag and... Schumacher is world champion for the third time. The first time with Ferrari after four hard years, the first time for Ferrari after 21 long years. 1979 was the last time they had won a championship. What a season, drama pure.

There were also some interesting and funny tidbits. Heinz-Harald Frentzen was considered one of the best drivers on the grid after he finished third in the 1999 championship. There was a Prost team with Heidfeld as the driver. Minardis were yellow, Hockenheim was still Hockenheim. And de la Rose blocking everyone in Monaco lol.

After that we watched a documentary that RTL showed back then about Schumacher's private life. How he plays football for a small team in the fifth league of Switzerland, how he goes on vacation with his family skiing down a mountain :/. They also showed his private jet and his fitness regime. He is/was so humble and private, though he did drive a silver Ferrari 550 Maranello. It was beautiful afternoon and a sad one considering his current state.

Yagami_Sama

I dont know what is expected for the race, but if it was the same as the last qualify, will be a walk in the park for Hamilton and Rosberg has big chances of
doing something stupid and ruining his advantage in the championship.

mclem

Raining for quali? Might as well not bother trying to guess the pole time. =/

It strikes me that it'd be smart for F1 manager to allow two pole time guesses, one for dry, one for wet. Would alleviate the issue of people getting caught out for having to second-guess the weather.

Juicy Bob

I'm going to miss the race tomorrow because the lady and I are off to Silverstone to watch WEBBAH's WEC debut, which, as you can imagine, I'm pretty excited about!

I'll try and get a photo for Shaneus, but I can't promise anything! ;-)

Hope the race is a good one! I look forward to catching up on the reactions tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom