• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why people using Senna and Prost for Hamilton and Rosberg.

Rosberg was slower in all three weekends. There is nothing "smart" or stunning in any way if you only lead the WDC because of a DNF of your team mate.
I feel like Sunday will give us a good guess as to whether or not Rosberg can actually take the WDC fight to Hamilton through the whole season, or if he can only rely on Lewis screwing up or having a mechanical failure.

RoKKeR

Bummer about the wet track, but it should make things more interesting. Williams will struggle, which is a real bummer. It feels like they've still really yet to break through and show their true pace. They almost had it last week until the saftey car came out.

Dead Man

Looks like local TV has qualy delayed by an hour :/ Wankers.

Edit: Or, F1 website fucked up the time conversion, it's showing as the same time as the broadcast here now. Weird.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Not much running in FP3 due to damp track

Teams are expecting dry session as it seems.

Off to work :\

First time I've seen that Microsoft "The power of the cloud makes the difference at Lotus" advert. I bet MS regret that commissioning that campaign now.

Mastah

Prupose out of qualifying:

Blj-fxBCYAAcoKv.jpg:orig

Dead Man

Going back to the active suspension debate from earlier, I think it's a case of technology being expensive to develop at one time, but now it is less expensive than chasing the mechanical systems. If you can use a cheaper electronic system that gets you to within shouting distance of the most expensive solution, that seems better than forcing teams to spend a lot of money chasing very complicated mechanical systems for which there is a massive difference in performance gained.

Teams will always spend the money they have, the only way to reduce costs without a cap is to structure the rules so that there is as little benefit as possible to just spending more money.

RoKKeR

Yeah, Red Bull have been extremely fortunate with the wet qualifying and the safety car at Bahrain. It's getting quite annoying.

It is.

It looks like Williams has maybe made some improvements on their downforce in the wet as opposed to the Melbourne and Malaysian qualifying.

Animal

Banned
Apparently MSNBC commentator said that given Maldozor's 5 grid spot penalty, he expects him to start the race from Beijing haha.

RoKKeR

Kimi missing out. Massa cutting it close, but good on Williams for getting through to Q3 even in the wet.

And hey look at Grojean! Good for you Lotus.

Damn at McLaren being out.

Yagami_Sama

Both Maclaren are out of top 10. This is so lame.
After see that poor performance, I am expecting a 5th spot for Button a "win".
Poor Magnussen.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Yeah Redbull possibly can't compete in the third sector because of the speed deficiencies between them and the Mercedes.

Pretty much as expected so far. Rosberg as well just can't compete in the wet against his teammate.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Yeah Ricardo was quicker than Hamilton until that last sector, where he seems to lose 7 tenths.

Rosberg did not have a good qualifying session.

Good to see Ricardo ahead of Vettel though.

Draconian

Meh. Pretty boring. Only thing of note really is Rosberg's back in 4th, but there's no way he's not passing both Red Bulls in dry conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom