• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer24

Banned
OK, just to make sure we´re all on the same page, regarding MER contract status:
- HAM under contract to the end of the 2015 season (his orig. contract)
- ROS under contract to the end of the 2016 season (signed before the first race 2014)

Shaneus

Wasn't there some completely dick move at Monaco by a GP2 driver last year, or am I thinking of another race?

It was a Russian driver IIRC

DBT85

Wasn't there some completely dick move at Monaco by a GP2 driver last year, or am I thinking of another race?

It was a Russian driver IIRC

GP2 and Monaco go well together every year. Either last year or the year before it was a total farce lol

This one from 2013
http://youtu.be/giVM7LEA9_I?t=2m51s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0_87aRuXs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl3pwwxcWkc

Also this enormous crash in GP3 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybh61PkSVOk

Hammer24

Banned

Many bars/restaurants are rented wholesale by some sponsor, so you can only get in there with a ticket from them (oh, the Finlandia girls in Rascasse...*dreamy-eyes*).
The few that let you in, are usually booked months if not years in advance, as they rent their tables the same way people rent their balconies.
I don´t know what the exact rates are this year, but for a table for two for two hours non Sunday (so lets say for the GP2) you should be planning on 2000€ upwards. Plus some have minimium consumption rules on top. :)

Chris R

Wow, I'd love to go to the Monaco GP but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to afford it.
Ticket prices don't seem to be toooooo much higher than they were for Austin in 2012 :(

I'll be there one day, if I got a new job that paid more maybe it will be this decade :p

dubc35

Ticket prices don't seem to be toooooo much higher than they were for Austin in 2012 :(

I'll be there one day, if I got a new job that paid more maybe it will be this decade :p

The ticket itself doesn't seem too bad, everything else is crazy town though. I guess I would stay outside the city and bus/train in for the day if that's possible. I haven't really looked into it.

Is anyone playing F1 Manager? I had forgotten about it but just checked it. I still am a ton of money short of being able to change anything. #fun

DrM

Redmond's Baby
We should drag a driver or two to this place. I wonder if there are gamers among them. Maybe then we would get some VIP tickets (and still be sleeping in car)

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Is anyone playing F1 Manager? I had forgotten about it but just checked it. I still am a ton of money short of being able to change anything. #fun

I'm playing currently second along with some others. You can get mercedes already if you picked force india or williams at the start. I need a bit more money to get a better driver.

Guessing the pole time has been really difficult not got one that was right or even close.

Dave_6

dZy77n7.jpg

That is amazing! :O Love it.

I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZnUHC8w2s

HNNNNNGGGG

Irulan

Neo Member
I'm playing currently second along with some others. You can get mercedes already if you picked force india or williams at the start. I need a bit more money to get a better driver.

Guessing the pole time has been really difficult not got one that was right or even close.

I'm the leading team in the NeoGAF league and I don't think anyone is going to get close anytime soon. The competitions was really killed because it took them so long to fix the issue with the chassis money for race 2. I was able to buy a Mercedes part a race earlier than the rest just because I picked Williams as my engine instead of as the chassis.

Hammer24

Banned
The ticket itself doesn't seem too bad, everything else is crazy town though. I guess I would stay outside the city and bus/train in for the day if that's possible. I haven't really looked into it.

My best advise is to stay in Nice (France) and commute. There are even many celebrities and starlets that do it this way, the promenade in Nice is interesting this time of year. :) But yeah, traffic can be bad; and if going down this route you need to book very well in advance too.

Two small updates:
- You guys know the FIA list, where every race the usage of the different car parts are published? Remi Taffin (REN): "Vettels numbers are wrong!"
LOL
- With the car engines frozen, the new battle field is fuel. Lots of resources are getting redirected right now, to make advances in this field. TOTAL is said to have already found 12hp this way up to now. I personally am very curious where this is going to lead, and on the possible trickle down to street cars.

Zeknurn

I'm the leading team in the NeoGAF league and I don't think anyone is going to get close anytime soon. The competitions was really killed because it took them so long to fix the issue with the chassis money for race 2. I was able to buy a Mercedes part a race earlier than the rest just because I picked Williams as my engine instead of as the chassis.

Actually, the people that went with Force India from the start and got at least one pole lap prediction pretty close were the ones to get Mercedes parts first. Which basically sealed the deal as them winning their leagues. This terrible season killed any potential competition and differing choices anyway.

Congratulations on the win btw.

Hackbert

morning f1gaf.. mhh 1.17.734 at the moment,.. will the times drop another second for qualiy? i am bad at guessing ^^

i will take Rosberg as Polesetter. he loves Monaco.. and he has the contract as a boost in the back of his mind.

I've asked before but missed any response (if there was one), but did anyone set up a GAF league on GPPredictor this year? Or if not, is it possible to set one up retroactively?

I'm still enjoying that more than the normal managerial leagues.

f0rk

If Rosberg is pole I have faith that Hamilton can do something tricky in the first corner and win the race from there. Don't think it will happen the other way around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom