• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Rosberg will pray tonight to nail his start....
I wonder if we will see Pastorization in the first corner

Breakage

When you drive in "revenge mode" in Monaco the barriers will end up being your only friend.

Tomorrow will be the defining point of the season. If Hamilton wins, Nico will crumble even more. I believe the first time Nico showed balls was today when he celebrated in front of Hamilton (and also I believe he did it on purpose).

Yeah I agree. It'll be interesting to see if Hamilton can keep his emotions under control.
It's clear from the post qualifying interview that he feels Rosberg robbed him of pole position.

Rosberg's 'in your face' celebrations will do little to remedy any ill feelings.

I also thought it was quite strange that Rosberg was so animated when he secured pole in such a dubious way.

kiyomi

This season is reminding me why I love F1. The off-track speculation is sometimes as fun as the on-track action. This year we've got 2 very evenly matched drivers in a pretty dominant car and they can race with almost complete impunity with regards to those behind them. This means that their rivals really are just across the garage, and it's those human moments of crumbling under pressure and the mind games that ensue that makes it to fascinating to watch.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing both Mercedes crash out in the first corner.

I think it would be a severe disappointment if they crashed into T1. Although it would bring a lot of drama and bitching back and forth off-track, I want to see the 2 of them racing close for the whole race, preferably. If they crash towards the end of the race, that would be fascinating, but I want to see Hamilton hounding Rosberg lap after lap, so we can see what they're like in reverse roles.

It could be great, I just hope Rosberg doesn't run away with it.

Addnan

What hounding. Whoever leads into the first corner wins. This is Monaco. As much as Hamilton may be upset I doubt he will dive into a corner to overtake in Monaco.

kiyomi

What hounding. Whoever leads into the first corner wins. This is Monaco. As much as Hamilton may be upset I doubt he will dive into a corner to overtake in Monaco.

I can hope for the possibility that Hamilton has better race pace, though, and personally, the idea of that interests me greatly. I don't really believe Hamilton would have a dive either, but I like it when drivers are put under pressure, because it creates tension and good sporting drama, and that's what I hope to see happen tomorrow.

This season is reminding me why I love F1. The off-track speculation is sometimes as fun as the on-track action. This year we've got 2 very evenly matched drivers in a pretty dominant car and they can race with almost complete impunity with regards to those behind them. This means that their rivals really are just across the garage, and it's those human moments of crumbling under pressure and the mind games that ensue that makes it to fascinating to watch.

I think it would be a severe disappointment if they crashed into T1. Although it would bring a lot of drama and bitching back and forth off-track, I want to see the 2 of them racing close for the whole race, preferably. If they crash towards the end of the race, that would be fascinating, but I want to see Hamilton hounding Rosberg lap after lap, so we can see what they're like in reverse roles.

It could be great, I just hope Rosberg doesn't run away with it.

The thing is, they haven't been even matched at all. It took a dubious, borderline unsportmanlike move by Nico to secure a pole.

You can't hound lap after lap - tyres would give up quickly, which is a huge disadvantage around Monaco. We will see a controlled or measured gap; also it's near impossible to pass in Monaco unless the other driver makes a mistake.

kiyomi

The thing is, they haven't been even matched at all. It took a dubious, borderline unsportmanlike move by Nico to secure a pole.

COUGH SPLUTTER SPLUTTER REWIND REWIND Taking races like Bahrain and Spain into account - Hamilton had the edge in qualifying, but Rosberg was quicker/had the better strategy in both when it came to the race itself. I'd argue they're pretty evenly matched as of right now. BEEP BEEP REVESE REVERSE

You can't hound lap after lap - tyres would give up quickly, which is a huge disadvantage around Monaco. We will see a controlled or measured gap; also it's near impossible to pass in Monaco unless the other driver makes a mistake.

That's true, but even a periodical few laps of pressure from one driver to the other would be fun to see. While it is extremely hard to pass, overtaking isn't everything when it comes to having an exciting race and mistakes can be made. I'm one of the few people who just enjoys Monaco for what it is. The race isn't always the best but I enjoy it. I'm just trying to keep a positive spin on it and hoping for further drama to unfold, that's all. :p

kiyomi

Actually, upon consideration, I'm probably wrong there; I forgot about the SC in Bahrain and such. So yeah, you got me there. I'll cop to that one.

Even more reason to hope that Hamilton has better race pace and can exert some pressure on Rosberg.

dalin80

Banned
Rosberg was quicker in Bahrain and Spain.

So much quicker in Bahrain that he needed a safety car to even get close enough to see Hamilton and then despite getting massively advantaged by the SC, being on faster tyres and getting DRS he still failed at getting past.

In Spain it took merc mucking up both of Hamiltons stops to allow Rosberg to get in DRS range for just the final lap, where he screwed up in the braking zone and failed to get passed.

cmr-94

So much quicker in Bahrain that he needed a safety car to even get close enough to see Hamilton and then despite getting massively advantaged by the SC, being on faster tyres and getting DRS he still failed at getting past.

In Spain it took merc mucking up both of Hamiltons stops to allow Rosberg to get in DRS range for just the final lap, where he screwed up in the braking zone and failed to get passed.

In Bahrain, without the safety car Rosberg would have caught up to hamilton.

In Spain, you really think in the scheme of things lewis getting cost 2 seconds in pit stops really made a difference? Rosberg was put on the slower of two strategies in order to help him. In spain its very hard to overtake, so he needed a significant delta difference to even have a chance to overtake. btw not sure what braking zone your talking about.

I think your confusing who actually had the better race pace with rosberg just failing to get past hamilton who defended well. Even hamilton admitted in both cases that rosberg had better pace, and it was pretty clear

Pimpwerx

I see Lewis fans will be getting along with Nico fans about as well as we did with Button fans. At least we seem to have patched the rift with Alonso's followers. PEACE.

Ark

In Spain, you really think in the scheme of things lewis getting cost 2 seconds in pit stops really made a difference? Rosberg was put on the slower of two strategies in order to help him. In spain its very hard to overtake, so he needed a significant delta difference to even have a chance to overtake. btw not sure what braking zone your talking about.

I think your confusing who actually had the better race pace with rosberg just failing to get past hamilton who defended well. Even hamilton admitted in both cases that rosberg had better pace, and it was pretty clear

Pretty sure Hamilton would have won Bahrain by a few seconds if the safety car wasn't deployed. Those two seconds in Barcelona wouldn't have made much difference, you're right.

I see Lewis fans will be getting along with Nico fans about as well as we did with Button fans. At least we seem to have patched the rift with Alonso's followers. PEACE.

There's no reason we can't be civilised this time around.

Shaneus

Thanks for the updates and filling me in, guys! I still don't quite get the entire context, but nothing a quick download of the qualis won't rectify (if it's up).

Webbah would be so proud.
You know it's Ricciardo's time:
1d1fnfy.png

Tomorrow will be the defining point of the season. If Hamilton wins, Nico will crumble even more. I believe the first time Nico showed balls was today when he celebrated in front of Hamilton (and also I believe he did it on prupose).
Fixed.

paskowitz

Thanks for the updates and filling me in, guys! I still don't quite get the entire context, but nothing a quick download of the qualis won't rectify (if it's up).

You know it's Ricciardo's time:
1d1fnfy.png

Fixed.

Ham and Ros take each other out T1 Prost Senna style and Ric cruises to a glorious win.

Rosberg locked up in the braking zone on the back straightof Barcelona. He lost a tenth or two of a second and probably compromised his ability to make a desperate lunge at the end of the pit straight on the following lap.
I dont believe tomorrow's race is "over" if Nico gets away first. Ive seen some incredible overtakes at Monaco, one of which was Lewis nailing Michael Schumacher with an incredible move under braking in turn 1 at Saint Devot

lewisschumacher.gif

Also, the chicane after the exit to the tunnel is another place a driver with balls and skill can overtake. Michael Schumacher did it to Rubens Barichello in 2005, nailing the Brazilian at that chicane on the last lap of the race
rubens.gif

Shaneus

Yeah, I watched that lap from Rosberg, looks shifty as all hell. Didn't look frustrated to have made a mistake on that lap, which I think might be a little telling as well.
That, and his demeanor after the weigh-in.

Ham and Ros take each other out T1 Prost Senna style and Ric cruises to a glorious win.
Hoping so ;)

PS. Damn, how quiet are those cars in the tunnel? So odd.

pants

I don't see any Rosberg fans here. Mostly bitter Hamilton fans, yes, but no Rosberg fans.

I really rate Rosberg, and like I said in this thread before I'm picking him over Hamilton to get the title. I have that belief in him. To say I'm a fan is a stretch though, the only current driver I am a fan of is Kimi, The Hulk and Koba are close as well.

Hammer24

Banned
Morning F1 GAF, welcome to a glorious race day! :)

Are we really comparing Hamilton to Rosberg? Just follow the money. How many teams are sniffing around for his services?

You´d be surprised. :)

In other news: I love both HAM and ROS - does that make me the odd man out nowadays?

dalin80

Banned
Ouch, just had a quick browse of the autosport forum, there seems to be a fairly direct correlation between people with schumacher avatars and the amount of insanely biased anti-hamilton posts.

Hammer24

Banned
MERCEDES AMG F1 ✔ @MercedesAMGF1

Right then, #MysteryMerchandise lovers! We have some signed caps and we're on the way! If you're in #Monaco today look out for us in 30 mins

Hammer24

Banned

We'll send another tweet with a location for the #MysteryMerchandise soon! The first to come and find us, wins the caps! Good luck #MonacoGP

Good luck! :)

stryke

missed it, what was weird about it?

Granted I haven't really watched many of them since they're not broadcasted in my country but it's on youtube if you're interested. He just interacted a lot more with people this time around and got awkward with a random.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ouch, just had a quick browse of the autosport forum, there seems to be a fairly direct correlation between people with schumacher avatars and the amount of insanely biased anti-hamilton posts.

Reading majority of posts there can lead to lasting effects on sanity...

Hammer24

Banned

This is where we are! Come and find the silver bag near the loud megaphone man on the hill :) #MysteryMerchandise pic.twitter.com/5NAhpgXpfx

It's strange, I'm quite excited for the race, but deep down I know it's going to be just as shit as 95% of the other Monaco GPs have been. =/

megateto

So Hamilton just said during drivers' parade that after having a look at Nico's telemetry data he's still not happy with yesterday's situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom